Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice on dehumidifiers

Options
  • 30-12-2012 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

Our 6 month old had pneumonia a few weeks before Xmas and he's now he's back in hospital again only worse this time. He will be ok but this is driving me mad.
    Our 3 year old has been in twice as well, I wouldn't mind but our house is 6 years old and there's no real sign of dampness. Our only fault that I can think of is we need to probably turn off the heating in the upstairs area in evenings.

I saw in aldi this week they have dehumidifiers , I've checked out the price of decent ones and they seem to go for like 250upwards , this one in aldi is 39.99.

I thought I'd give it a try as its only 39.99 , it's been on for nearly 24 hours and its collected around a pint of water .

Anybody els use one for their house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Sorry to hear about your son. Hope he gets better soon. Has the hospital linked the pneumonia to dampness at home?

We've been using a dehumidifier for a few months because I live in a pretty old house, and sometimes dry clothes inside in winter. I turn it on when clothes are drying and it takes up a lot of the moisture. I also have thermometers that give you an estimate of the humidity in various rooms. They're quite cheap on amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Two small children with pneumonia twice each! Awful, for all of you. Hope everyone is recovering. Loads of things cause pneumonia. bacteria, fungus, virus... But humidity? I don't know.

Are they immunosuppresed for any reason maybe.

I would be as worried as you here. I would follow up that history with your GP/consultant straight away for root cause analysis, if you haven't done so already. You can get tests done for legionella and a few other pneumonia causing bugs.

Advertisement