Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] Lisbon half ironman - 4th May 2013

Options
  • 30-12-2012 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Just signed up. Anyone have experience of this? My first overseas tri and something to focus on for early in the season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

EC1000 wrote: »
    Just signed up. Anyone have experience of this? My first overseas tri and something to focus on for early in the season.

Did it a few years back, nice swim, nice bike, nice run. Can be windy on the bike and a long drag on the course (well if the wind is wrong), drafting was an issue. Lovely race, would do it again. Cobbles on a few sections on the bike and they are the sharp kind so alot of punctures for the tyres running ultra lightweight race tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Cheers for the info tunney.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Was over in 2008, was to race but didn't work out but travelled with club to support.

Exactly as tunney says but it was very hot that spring too. Lot of the mid pack struggled with the heat especially as there is no shelter on the bike and the run is loops on prom & harbout (at that time, not so sure of course now). Plenty of sun block was needed and fluids. By all reports a fantastic race and one I want to do (again?) in the near future.

Sounds good. There is a good crew heading over from the club so should be some good club rivalry on the day :)

So, travelled for this last weekend. Amazing location and fantastic venue for a race. Definitely one to consider and a super fast course to boot.

I trained hard for this one and travelled in hope of hitting my sub 5 target. However, a dose of bronchitis 3 days out put pay to that. Swam 35min and biked in 2h 40m before nearly depositing a lung on the path about 300metres into the run - reluctantly called it a day at that stage.

Definitely going back :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement