Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life insurance policy

Options
  • 30-12-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hello hope someone in this field can help. I am looking for a life policy for my hubby who smokes and is 39 and myself who doesn't smoke we are looking at a very good policy if god forbid if something happened to either one we the mortgage be sorted etc. thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Go speak to an independent broker. There's a lot as you can imagine to life assurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Yes I will just have to find the right one that won't add on stuff we won't need thank you or the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I'd agree it is a mine field. For what it's worth I used Irish Mortgage Corporation. They did deal with New Ireland, Irish Life and friends first. I was happy with them. I tried to do as much research in to the policy's that were on offer to me and I read the T&C's but the options can be mind blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Yeah just would like the Morgage covered if anything happened and money for buried etc Jesus when your in your 20s thisis the last thing on your mind!!! I have just email Irish life maybe to see what they offer?? I will try your one also thank you again

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Some tips: -
    • Only go with fixed-cost policies - never ones where the cost can be reviewed
    • Irish Life will only quote you Irish Life rates - shop around
    • Before signing up for anything, make sure that you're 100% clear on WHY you're signing up to a particular amount of cover. Don't just pick a random round figure. Your advisor should go through your specific circumstances with you and explain why a certain level of cover is what you need.
    • Avoid policies that offer life insurance and savings combined. If you want insurance, buy insurance. If you want to save money, save money. Policies that claim to do both don't do it efficiently.
    • Before signing up for anything, make sure you know what cover you already have. Did you not sign up for Mortgage Protection life cover when you got the mortgage? Do either of you have Death in Service or Income Protection cover in work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Second Liam on the Income Protection
    Check Irish Life record on paying out on some of their insurance products before signing anything. Just check on boards to see what experiences people have

Advertisement