Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steak medallions

Options
  • 30-12-2012 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Just got some steak medallions from aldi with 30% off, nice deal. What's the best way to cook these, fry? Grill? Oven? George Foreman? Any other tips? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Griddle pan. Your only man for steak!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Griddle pan. Your only man for steak!

Ah feck I don't own a griddle pan :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I normally throw them in a bag with some lime juice and spices. Think the lime juice breaks them down a bit as medallions can be a bit tough. Few smacks of a mallet too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Chronic Button

If you decide to marinate them, as above, pat them dry before cooking. Rub a little olive oil into the meat and season it with black pepper. Heat a frying pan until scorching, drop in a big knob of butter and sear the meat for one minute each side. If you want to cook the meat for longer than this, turn the heat down and turn every minute or so til cooked to your liking. Allow to rest on a warm plate, season with sea salt, and eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

If you decide to marinate them, as above, pat them dry before cooking. Rub a little olive oil into the meat and season it with black pepper. Heat a frying pan until scorching, drop in a big knob of butter and sear the meat for one minute each side. If you want to cook the meat for longer than this, turn the heat down and turn every minute or so til cooked to your liking. Allow to rest on a warm plate, season with sea salt, and eat.

Thanks I'll do this so, would marinate but I don't think I have the time as I am going cooking in about an hour or two. Doing roasted peppers and mushrooms as well with some mash and pepper cream sauce so should be nice, thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Chronic Button

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

Thanks I'll do this so, would marinate but I don't think I have the time as I am going cooking in about an hour or two. Doing roasted peppers and mushrooms as well with some mash and pepper cream sauce so should be nice, thanks guys.

I don't usually marinate steak but should you wish to, an hour or so is fine.

Another tip is to always allow meat to rest at room temperature for half an hour before cooking.

Enjoy. :)

Advertisement