Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current account fees

Options
  • 30-12-2012 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Just checked my BOI online current account. The current account fees have been deducted, and the date of the transaction is shown as 31/12/2012. However today is 30/12/2012. Is it normal for the fees to be deducted one day early?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

TOMP wrote: »
    Just checked my BOI online current account. The current account fees have been deducted, and the date of the transaction is shown as 31/12/2012. However today is 30/12/2012. Is it normal for the fees to be deducted one day early?

I've different bank but I always get stuff that is supposed to be deducted on Saturday or Sunday with Monday's date, for example if my DD for Vodafone falls on Saturday 22 (always 22nd) it shows transaction with description 24th (but I can see it on my statement on 22nd).

I would say it is because 30th is Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi TOMP,

198321 is correct, if your fees were due to be paid out of your account on Sunday the 30th, these would be charged to your account on the next working day (today). These may still be posted on your account on the day that they were due to be paid with the date showing as the next working day.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Hi Pat, Happy New Year to you.

The current account fees were due on 31/12/2012 not on 30/12/2012. It says so on your website. So why did BOI take the fees from my account on 30/12/2012? Simple question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi TOMP,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

We're looking into why the fees were posted on your account a day early and will come back to you when we have more information.

Thnaks for your patience.

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Hi TOMP,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

We're looking into why the fees were posted on your account a day early and will come back to you when we have more information.

Thnaks for your patience.

Billy
    Billy,

Any update on this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi TOMP,

Apologies for the delay in coming back you on this.

Due to the way the working days fell over the New Year, files to process Current Account fees were run early. Some online viewers may have seen the debit on the 30th. This was "Shadow Posting" - when the files finished updating, fees were processed in full to accounts for the 31st.

If you look back on your transaction for that period, you should see the fees on 31st.

Apologies for the inconvenience and the delay in responding to you.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement