Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post:

2129ed is serving a ban. There is no need for anyone to respond to his posts as he cannot reply.

Just chat away and enjoy the thread folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

National Football League Div. 4 - Tipperary 2-12; London 1-8. Not the greatest performance, but a win is a win. Goals were scored by Conor Sweeney and George Hannigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

A badly needed win at that.

National Football League Div. 4 -Tipperary 2-12; London 1-8. Not the greatest performance, but a win is a win. Goals were scored by Conor Sweeney and George Hannigan.

We're still in with a shout of promotion. Limerick will probably win the division but Waterford and Carlow have dropped points today. Carlow will be particularly disappointed having dropped points to Leitrim. I think all of Waterford, Clare and Carlow will drop more points but we really need to win every game from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

251 supporters in semple stadium for the match...

Won't be long before its back down in tipp south.

• Advertisement

The team apparently prefer the wide open space and better playing area in Semple which is understandable and im not so sure they would get a whole lot greater support in Clonmel or Ardfinnan. Besides If these people had a genuine interest in the Tipp football team they'd get their arse's up to Thurles and follow them. Granted we are in tough economic times but im not so sure this core from the south is as big as we think it is.

From the County boards point of view though they may have to move games from Semple. They are surely opening up the ground at a bit of a loss for these football games?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Respect is due to the players travelling from London, many of whom will never have played in such a wonderful stadium. This is the least we can do to show our appreciation.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Respect is due to the players travelling from London, many of whom will never have played in such a wonderful stadium. This is the least we can do to show our appreciation.

London had made a bit of an improvement the last few years. In 2011, They brought Mayo to ET and beat Fermanagh (a bad Fermanagh team its fair to say that year)

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

There was 800 at the first League game in Thurles . The result that day and the Waterford one were very disappointing . I think people feel that the chance of promotion is gone so are staying away . But I like Tipp Gunner feel that the other teams will drop points and will be in Ennis next Saturday to get behind the Team .

There was 800 at the first League game in Thurles . The result that day and the Waterford one were very disappointing . I think people feel that the chance of promotion is gone so are staying away . But I like Tipp Gunner feel that the other teams will drop points and will be in Ennis next Saturday to get behind the Team .

Against Carlow? No im afraid your wrong there. I was at the very game and there was another paltry attendance recorded. Something like 271 and a good few of them Carlovians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

The attendance at the Carlow game was between 400 and 500. Playing London in Thurles at 1 p.m. was never going to draw a crowd.

The attendance at the Carlow game was between 400 and 500. Playing London in Thurles at 1 p.m. was never going to draw a crowd.

True enough but to be fair it doesn't matter whether its Donegal/Kildare at 7 (2010 Div 2), or London at 1 there seems to be very little in attendance at these games. Even Championship last year you had 2500 against Antrim and i have to say there was a fair few from Antrim in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

County Tipperary Challenge Cup Round 1 Results

Sat, 02 Mar, Venue: Annacarty, Eire Og Anacarty/Donohill 2-15 V 1-10 Ballingarry

Sat, 02 Mar, Venue: Roscrea, Roscrea 4-09 V 2-16 Loughmore-Castleiney

Sun, 03 Mar, Venue: Leahy Park Cashel, Cashel King Cormacs 1-08 V 2-15 Holycross/Ballycahill

Sun, 03 Mar, Venue: Portroe, Portroe W/O Knockavilla Donaskeigh Kickhams

Sun, 03 Mar, Venue: Moneygall, Moneygall 0-15 V 0-10 Clonoulty/Rossmore

Sun, 03 Mar, Venue: Puckane, Kildangan 4-21 V 0-07 Mullinahone

Sun, 03 Mar, Venue: Golden, Golden-Kilfeacle 0-11 V 2-15 JK Brackens

Sun, 03 Mar, Venue: Borrisokane, Borrisokane 0-08 V 3-22 Killenaule

Sun, 03 Mar, Venue: Drombane, Upperchurch-Drombane 2-11 V 2-10 Nenagh Eire Og

Sun, 03 Mar, Venue: Saint Michaels Park Toomevara, Toomevara 2-16 V 0-16 Lorrha-Dorrha

Sun, 03 Mar, Venue: Kilcolman, Burgess 0-19 V 2-20 Moycarkey-Borris

Sun, 03 Mar, Venue: Templederry, Templederry Kenyons 1-13 V Silvermines 2-13

Sun, 03 Mar, Venue: Cloughjordan, Kilruane Mac Donaghs 1-12 V Thurles Sarsfields 1-20

STILL TO BE PLAYED

Mon, 04 Mar, Venue: St Mollerans Field Carrick On Suir, Carrick Davins V Borris-Ileigh 19:30, Ref: Keith Delahunty

Sat, 09 Mar, Venue: Davin Park, Carrick On Suir, Drom-Inch V Carrick Swans. 16.00, Ref: TBC

Sun, 10 Mar, Venue: Boherlahan, Boherlahan-Dualla V Cappawhite. 12.00, Ref: TBC

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Haven't been on here since the game in Cork have had a few things going on IRL, but maybe it was for the best or I would be serving a suspension aswell!!

It was a woefull performance there is no escaping from that but I do think the reaction has been over the top and there were also some positives.

The Tipp team I have been reliably told left Horse and Jockey at 1pm that day which would suggest they trained in Cork or on the way down prior to the game, it certainly looked like that, they were second to every ball and literally stuck to the ground.

Brendan Maher showed glimpses of returning to he's 2010 form and was probably hte best of the starting 15, Eoin Kelly looks sharper than he has for over 2 years and quite noticably at least 2 stone lighter, Lar also looked to be buzzing. Bubbles and Jason Forde also showed signs of real potential.

The worrying things are Paul Curran's legs appear to be shot, Johhny Ryan's hurling is too slow, Shane Bourke, Seamie Callinan and Noel McGrath all need ball to be handed to them and are unable to win 'dirty ball' , Pa Bourke who was absent prob falls into this category aswell, we certainly cant afford to have all of these on the field at once.

All in all the game in Cork will be long forgotten come August/September and thats when the real test of this team and Eamon O'Shea'e tenure will be, I for one still have every faith the Eamon, Mick Ryan and Paudie O'Neill know a little more about the game and preparing a team that any of us here - including absent friends!

Anyone have any predictions for the match sunday? (scoreline, starting 15 etc)

I think the lads will give a big performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

The Tipp team I have been reliably told left Horse and Jockey at 1pm that day which would suggest they trained in Cork or on the way down prior to the game, it certainly looked like that, they were second to every ball and literally stuck to the ground.

That's a shocking decision to train on the day of the match. Eamon O' Shea, brilliance or not, that's baffling to do that.

That's a shocking decision to train on the day of the match. Eamon O' Shea, brilliance or not, that's baffling to do that.

I have no idea what the thinking behind it is to be perfectly honest, whether he is trying to deliberately quell expectations among the supporters and media or what but I would have thought from a physical perspective it could have serious implications, but I guess there is some theory to it.

Seamus Hennesy has injured he's knee again I have heard, not sure how serious it is but it doesn't look good for a guy to be potentially facing a third serious knee injury at 23 years of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭randd1

alan27 wrote: »
    I think the lads will give a big performance.

I suspect they'll have to just to quell the growing angst in Tipp.

Even if they end up losing, I suspect most Tipp fans would be happy enough knowing that they at least put in a huge performance. The thing that strikes me most about the reaction to the Kilkenny defeat last year and the Cork defeat was the way the fans questioned the willingness of some of the Tipp players to fight for the jersey rather than their actual ability.

I'm sure if Tipp lose but go out fighting their hearts out then most guys will be happy.

Of course they could win and all will be rosy again. Fickle is sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Tipp are preparing for Championship so although a little unorthodox, we'll just have to trust Eamon.

It may not have been the non starters training like the way the non starters trained the day of challenge matches earlier in the year.

• Advertisement

looder wrote: »
    Tipp are preparing for Championship so although a little unorthodox, we'll just have to trust Eamon.

It may not have been the non starters training like the way the non starters trained the day of challenge matches earlier in the year.

If anything it looked to be the opposite, the subs that came on looked a hell of alot sharper than the majority of those that started.

Regarding the training session before games, that's been going on a few years now.
    It's supposed to build fitness and stamina, pretty pointless imo.

Il reserve judgement until after the Kilkenny game. Never been a fan of playing hurling under lights and it can be a different game when played under the light of day.

Regardless of the result we need to put in a half decent performance to help restore some faith in the team.

Tipp vs kilkenny minors challenge, Sunday 11 am ballingarry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Jesus that's a shame about Hennessy, poor young fella getting no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Youngladathome

What did ye think of O'Shea's comments in today's Indo? He said he took complete responsibility for the debacle against Cork. Said they did not have a lot of hurling or training done.

Is he trying to draw fire from supporters away from the players?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

What did ye think of O'Shea's comments in today's Indo? He said he took complete responsibility for the debacle against Cork. Said they did not have a lot of hurling or training done.

Is he trying to draw fire from supporters away from the players?

TBF our hurlers take some amount of stick....some of it justified too. Remember the aftermath of our cork defeat in 2010! The confidence must've taken a dip after that beating 2 weeks ago. He's not gonna come out critisising his players at this stage of the season while they're doing the 'hard yards'.

However, I'd have thought that most of the top counties would have a similar training regime at this time of the year. Surely Cork weren't training to peak this early in the season? Therefore how could we have taken such a hiding:confused:. I just hope KK dont wallop us. The guys who were short of form the last day need a morale boost.

Dublin beaten tonight in the Leinster under 21 Football . We have a great chance of winning Munster this year , Cork and Kerry on the other side of the draw . Anyone know how we have been going in Friendlies , training in general ? First game next Wednesday V Waterford .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Bonnar Maher out of Sundays game cos of work commitments I hear.

tippspur wrote: »
    Bonnar Maher out of Sundays game cos of work commitments I hear.

Ya he recently joined the army.

• Advertisement

All-Ireland Senior B Football Qualifier Result - Our Lady’s Templemore 1-11 Baile Mhúirne 2-7 .

Munster GAA Frewen Cup U/16 ½ A Football Result - Clonmel CBS 2-13 Col. na Sceilge Cahirciveen 1-3 .

Great stuff out of our young Footballers .

Advertisement