Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Full draw for the South Tipp S.F.C.

Ardfinnan v Cahir with the winner v CJ Kichams Mullinahone, Clonmel Commercials v Clonmel Og, Kilsheelan Kilcash v Moyle Rovers, Killenaule v Fethard with Semi Finals and Final .

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Youngladathome

alan27 wrote: »
    Ya he recently joined the army.

Hope that doesn't affect his availability for Tipp come championship time. We really need an in-form 'Bonner' around the half-forward line. Being in the army doesn't seem to have any effect on Eoin Larkin's availability, he's always there for club and county. I think there's another one of the KK lads in the army as well - can't remember which one. The army is keeping Stephen Molumphy out of the Waterford team, though. He's on a foreign tour of duty. I suppose fellows have to look after their jobs first and foremost.

Have read a few comments which seem to imply that being in the army accounts for 'Bonner's' poor form so far this year. Don't know why that would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭randd1

Being in the army doesn't seem to have any effect on Eoin Larkin's availability, he's always there for club and county. I think there's another one of the KK lads in the army as well - can't remember which one.

Paul Murphy is definitely in it, and I think Colin Fennelly as well. Not too sure but I think one of the fringe players is as well, or was, as I said I'm not too sure on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

probaly a bit early to be asking but does anyone know if tipp v galway will be all ticket after the trouble they had at their game v kk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Strong enough tipp team, good to see Gleeson get the nod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Tipp vs kilkenny
    Gleeson Stapleton Curran cahill p maher omahony d maher A Ryan B maher N Mcgrath Corbett Job odwyer Kelly P Bourke.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

Hope that doesn't affect his availability for Tipp come championship time. We really need an in-form 'Bonner' around the half-forward line. Being in the army doesn't seem to have any effect on Eoin Larkin's availability, he's always there for club and county. I think there's another one of the KK lads in the army as well - can't remember which one. The army is keeping Stephen Molumphy out of the Waterford team, though. He's on a foreign tour of duty. I suppose fellows have to look after their jobs first and foremost.

Have read a few comments which seem to imply that being in the army accounts for 'Bonner's' poor form so far this year. Don't know why that would be?

Paul Murphy is anyway, not sure about others. The thing is Eoin Larkin has served many years. With Bonnar only starting out he could be missing abit more. I remember reading a few years back that Molumphy had to leave a league game v Kilkenny at half time to make an army trip out foreign somewhere. As you say jobs come first.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

Tipp vs kilkenny
    Gleeson Stapleton Curran cahill p maher omahony d maher A Ryan B maher N Mcgrath Corbett Job odwyer Kelly P Bourke.

Looking forward to seeing Eoin Kelly and Corbett. Interesting to see Paudie back at wing back and O'Mahoney back in. Tipp by 3 points :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

alan27 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing Eoin Kelly and Corbett. Interesting to see Paudie back at wing back and O'Mahoney back in. Tipp by 3 points :D

Was hoping we'd have the sense to rest Kelly for the league this year

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was hoping we'd have the sense to rest Kelly for the league this year

His experience and leadership is badly needed against Kilkenny.

If we take another bad beating, it could be a very long league campaign.

• Advertisement

Tipp vs kilkenny

A very experienced team. Didn't think we'd be seeing the three old war horses - Kelly, Corbett, and Jonno - called into action so early in the hurling year. Would have thought they should be kept lightly raced until the championship. Surprised to see Conor O'Mahony making a comeback from injury in what will be a tough game, with both teams needing a win. The Paudie experiment at c/b mustn't have been to O'Shea's liking. I'd like to have seen him get a run there, though. And Brendan Maher back at m/f - maybe only in Shane McGrath's absence? Also thought Noel McGrath could have done with a period of reflection on the bench - I know he put up massive scores for UCD in the Fitzgibbon but they were mostly from frees. He has massive talent but we haven't seen him at his best for a long, long time.
    Nearly all of this team was on the receiving end against KK last August - wonder how they will shape up on Sunday? Will Lar run into Tyrell's corner as John Mullane recommended in his column the other day?
    I'm looking forward to it - but a little fearful just the same. Only consolation is KK won't be at full strength but will still be mighty strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I'm normally optimistic about the team, but I can see a Kilkenny win by 3-5 points. That's not stopping me trying to get up. There's no public transport up from Clonmel to Thurles on a Sunday which is just depressing.

Tipp team V Clare tomorrow . Another win and we are back in the promotion hunt .

1. Paul Fitzgerald (Fethard)
    2. John Coghlan (Moyne Templetuohy)
    3. Paddy Codd (Killenaule) Captain
    4. Ciaran McDonald (Aherlow)
    5. Brian Fox (Eire Og Annacarty)
    6. Robbie Kiely (Arravale Rovers)
    7. Donagh Leahy (Arravale Rovers)
    8. George Hannigan (Shannon Rovers)
    9. Brian Jones (Arravale Rovers)
    10. Peter Acheson (Moyle Rovers)
    11. Hugh Coghlan (Portlaoise, Laois)
    12. Aldo Matassa (Clonmel Commercials)
    13. Alan Maloney (Rockwell Rovers)
    14. Barry Grogan (Aherlow)
    15. Conor Sweeney (Ballyporeen)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Tipp team V Clare tomorrow . Another win and we are back in the promotion hunt .

1. Paul Fitzgerald (Fethard)
    2. John Coghlan (Moyne Templetuohy)
    3. Paddy Codd (Killenaule) Captain
    4. Ciaran McDonald (Aherlow)
    5. Brian Fox (Eire Og Annacarty)
    6. Robbie Kiely (Arravale Rovers)
    7. Donagh Leahy (Arravale Rovers)
    8. George Hannigan (Shannon Rovers)
    9. Brian Jones (Arravale Rovers)
    10. Peter Acheson (Moyle Rovers)
    11. Hugh Coghlan (Portlaoise, Laois)
    12. Aldo Matassa (Clonmel Commercials)
    13. Alan Maloney (Rockwell Rovers)
    14. Barry Grogan (Aherlow)
    15. Conor Sweeney (Ballyporeen)

Any particular reason why Michael Quinlivan does not feature.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

Being held over for the Under 21 match on Wednesday, I would say.

I expect both Tipp teams to win the weekend. H'on the premier!!

5/4 to win in Ennis , 6/4 to win on Sunday , nice double , worth a punt :D .

Great win for tipp footballers away today, Waterford beaten by London opens it all up.... Hon tipp

Anyone know if there will be a van selling tickets at Semple tomorrow? It's down as an all-ticket affair with both stands open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭randd1

Anyone know if there will be a van selling tickets at Semple tomorrow? It's down as an all-ticket affair with both stands open.

Some supervalu's have ticket booths available if you're near one, they're brilliant for getting tickets, especially for Thurles where there always seems to be a problem with queue's.

As for tomorrow, yeah, there'll probably be a van somewhere selling tickets. The tickets are general admission too by the way so you can head where you like so much as you have one (or so I'm lead to believe).

• Advertisement

Great win for tipp footballers away today, Waterford beaten by London opens it all up.... Hon tipp

Huge boost. A win v Limerick next would really put us in the driving seat. Interesting to see how they go against Carlow tomorrow who can be real dogged opponents when they put their mind to it as we found out last month

Great result today , Peter Acheson played really well . Some good passing moves by the lads . There was times when Barry Grogan got quality ball only for him to drop it or fail to control it when he was one on one with the defender . We are back on track though , bring on Limerick next weekend .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,368 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've read on the KK GAA website that there will be ticket booths outside Semple tomorrow.

Fair play to Shane .

Shane McGrath ‏@Shaneytweet
    Well done to the @TipperaryGAA senior footballers on their win today #driveiton #hondpremier

Fair play to Shane .

Shane McGrath ‏@Shaneytweet
    Well done to the @TipperaryGAA senior footballers on their win today #driveiton #hondpremier

He along with his team-mates would want to take his own advice and #driveiton tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Drom beat Swan by 7 in Challenge Cup.

Exciting game, wadding hadn't he's best game, it really had everything, great to see tipp put in a good 70mins, only thing is that's close enough to our starting 15 and kk have a few of there big boys to come back!!
    But stil only march and o'shea getting the lads on the right track, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,368 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Exciting game, wadding hadn't he's best game, it really had everything, great to see tipp put in a good 70mins, only thing is that's close enough to our starting 15 and kk have a few of there big boys to come back!!
    But stil only march and o'shea getting the lads on the right track, thank god.

What were the sending offs for?

What were the sending offs for?

Two yellow cards, tommy gone about 7/8 mins before noel, I think ref was a bit harsh on them, hate to say it especially tommy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Good game to watch and a good game to win. Thought our work level was good but our hurling wasn't as sharp as it needs to be, neither was kilkennys so maybe it was down to the cold and wet.

Few thoughts from the game;
    Half forwards struggled to win ball
    Thought Brendan Maher was excellent in midfield, captaincy might suit him.
    Forwards lost a bit of shape in the second half, a lot of balls lobbed in on top of a pile of players which doesn't suit us
    We couldn't get a hold on Eoin Larkin all day, caused constant problems for us
    Paul Curran did ok but thought he looked slow when caught in space

Kilkenny have a lot of players to come back into their team, there's a lot of places up for grabs in the Tipp team still

Advertisement