Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2013

Options

Comments

Thanks Tippspur. Interesting selection. Is Gleeson now the man in possession of the goalie's jersey? I thought I read somewhere that the keeper's position was going to be rotated during the league? Three changes in the forward line. N. McGrath's is a forced change. And Bubbles? - would have liked to see him getting a run. Maybe O'Shea is rotating the forwards, giving lads a chance to prove themselves. It's a while now since Seamie Callanan actually started a game - hope he does well. I presume Shane McGrath will slot in on the wing - or maybe as a third midfielder as Noel McGrath was doing against KK. I have doubts about our central defence in terms of having the legs on fast ground - those Galway forwards are fast - Curran and O'Mahony will need to be on their game.
    It will be a tough game. Galway will be going all out for points as will Tipp. Still, we have a good record against them in recent years. But, they probably feel they are overdue a win, and will want to lay down a marker for any possible championship meeting.

I think we could be in the dawning of a new era in that regard. For me Cummins not getting the captaincy is a big indicator that perhaps O'Shea feels its time to give Darren some long overdue experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Great goal from Corbett!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Great goal from Corbett!
    Just walked it through, awful goalkeeping.
    Good performance from the lads, lar and bubbles have been excellent, few players not up to it imo namely conor O'brien and woodlock.
    Nice to get the win, cork result is a distant memory at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

what a fantastic game-beside the fact that we won! I know it's heresy but the extra space available in the league compared to the championship makes for some great hurling. it's fantactic to see class players like corbett and jod with room to show what they can do. JOD has bulked up a lot since his debut. Maybe he should bring pa bourke and seamie callinan too;)

I thought we were banjaxed after the cork game but fair play to the lads for turning it around. I get the feeling we were more concerned than mgmt and players. With the most difficult games over us I'd hope we'll push on now and make the play-offs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tipptopper

Good performance from the lads, lar and bubbles have been excellent, few players not up to it imo namely conor O'brien and woodlock.

Conor O Brien was given MOTM on Tipp fm :D

• Advertisement

Foxy wasn't bad against Kilkenny. In fact probably one of our better performers. Woody has such great energy but anything could happen even when he has a clear shot at goal bless him. At one stage, he could have carried one ball another 30 yards unchallenged but decided to take the point and dropped it short.

I knew that Cork game wasnt a true reflection on where Tipp were really at. We were stuck to the ground that day and it was the result of heavy training. The Tipp of old is slowly returning. Our mojo is starting to come back. A win in Walsh park next weekend and another against Clare in Semple the week after and we are on the ball
    KEEP CALM AND LEAVE IT TO O'SHEA!

:D:D

tipptopper wrote: »

Conor O Brien was given MOTM on Tipp fm :D
    He wasn't too bad today but if he plays wing back in the munster championship he will get slaughtered.
    I've never been a fan of his so Im probably biased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Looked to me like he faked the keeper. Nice composure and a good goal.

digzy wrote: »
    what a fantastic game-beside the fact that we won! I know it's heresy but the extra space available in the league compared to the championship makes for some great hurling. it's fantactic to see class players like corbett and jod with room to show what they can do. JOD has bulked up a lot since his debut. Maybe he should bring pa bourke and seamie callinan too;)

I thought we were banjaxed after the cork game but fair play to the lads for turning it around. I get the feeling we were more concerned than mgmt and players. With the most difficult games over us I'd hope we'll push on now and make the play-offs.

I'm a great believer in that saying its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. Callanan is big enough. 6'3 and about 13 or 14 stone. Not 1 mil of fat on him either.

You just have to have a bit of fight about you like Bubbles or Eoin Kelly does and Callanan seems to have lost it since even prior to the 2010 final when he was dropped. Even when Jackie frontal charged him, Callanan still went on to have a good game in 2009 but 2010 on apart from his final cameo he never got the bit between the teeth

Pa never had it tbh and any chance of him ever getting it was washed away when Babs thrown him in at the deep end back in 2007 when he was barely out of minor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I thought he had some fine points today?

Pretty exciting game overall. We've still a few defensive woes (although the ref made some soft decisions, some against us imo) but our attackers were ticking. I thought Lar had a fine game and he's really sticking it to the critics, in all the games of the League he's playing well. Delighted that Shane Bourke got the start; I was thinking "what does he have to do to get 60/70 minutes?" but his 1-2 were superb. Great game from John O' Dwyer with 1-6, he never stopping going. Buggy O' Meara came on and within two minutes, set up 1-1.

Where's Bonner? Still on Army duty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Youngladathome

I thought he had some fine points today?

Pretty exciting game overall. We've still a few defensive woes (although the ref made some soft decisions, some against us imo) but our attackers were ticking. I thought Lar had a fine game and he's really sticking it to the critics, in all the games of the League he's playing well. Delighted that Shane Bourke got the start; I was thinking "what does he have to do to get 60/70 minutes?" but his 1-2 were superb. Great game from John O' Dwyer with 1-6, he never stopping going. Buggy O' Meara came on and within two minutes, set up 1-1.

Where's Bonner? Still on Army duty?

Likewise with Woodlock. Thought he had a fine game. Busy and always available around m/f as well as chipping in with three, or was it four, points? He does tend to make some really bad decisions sometimes and he did flatter in the league during Declan Ryan's tenure only to be left out in the championship.
    Good to see Brendan Maher maintaining his good form. He was in the thick of a lot of m/f action - I presume taking him off was just precautionary, the last thing we want is for him to get a setback now when he's starting to come good.
    What's really, really delighting me is Lar's form and the way he's sticking it to the critics and naysayers who demonised him after the debacle last August. Wonder will Babs share his thoughts with us now - although he's probably not watching Tipp because of Lar's presence in the Blue and Gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ardfinnan destroyed Ballyporeen in the South U21 Final today in Clonmel. No surprises really. Huge strength/class advantage. Was split 50/50 myself as I know loads playing for both!!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

just back from galway had a great weekend and them boys in the blue and gold put the cherry on top of the cake get in there happy daze:D

It's about time Lar got some love. His goal was a joy to watch - pure effortless. Same when he flicked the ball up off the ground with the hurl. Sensational.

He wrote in his book that O' Shea brought out the best in him and that same relationship wasn't there with Ryan, but it seems to be back. Lar's role as a playmaker is also becoming increasingly effective.

I was Woodlock's biggest critic but he was very good today. I still want to see the midfield partnership of Shane McGrath/Maher again and if it's successful, Woodlock could be some depth. Anyone know if Brendan's injury is bad? I hope not, he was hurling well today before coming off and is another player who's having a fine campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mags85

It's about time Lar got some love. His goal was a joy to watch - pure effortless. Same when he flicked the ball up off the ground with the hurl. Sensational.

He wrote in his book that O' Shea brought out the best in him and that same relationship wasn't there with Ryan, but it seems to be back. Lar's role as a playmaker is also becoming increasingly effective.

I was Woodlock's biggest critic but he was very good today. I still want to see the midfield partnership of Shane McGrath/Maher again and if it's successful, Woodlock could be some depth. Anyone know if Brendan's injury is bad? I hope not, he was hurling well today before coming off and is another player who's having a fine campaign.

doubt mahers injury is too bad. On the tv it looked as if he just hurt his shoulder and was taken off as precaution. I could be wrong though but hopefully not.

Can both these guys coexist in the same midfield though or are they too similar in that they are free and loose and like to hurl their own game? Do both of them need a foil like Woodlock to do the rough work for them?

Fair play to O'Shea for trying everyone out though. I even noticed Mick Ryan giving Pa a bit of advice near the whistle after that coming together he had with the Galway back.

In order to have any success in hurling you need a hands on management team who is involved all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Woodlock was very good today I thought. Conor o Brien was man of the match for me last week so I don't know how you're getting those opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Tom Mc Grath commentating for Tipp FM gave Conor O Brien MOTM today so I don't know how anyone can say he's not up to it.

He wasn't too bad today but if he plays wing back in the munster championship he will get slaughtered.
    I've never been a fan of his so Im probably biased.
    !

They're having both football and hurling on March 24th, around the same time. That seems unfair on the footballers, they'll get no support if everyone decides to go to Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

I cant find highlights anywhere on TG4, youtube etc for Mondays game. Can anyone help?

I cant find highlights anywhere on TG4, youtube etc for Mondays game. Can anyone help?

The only one I could find was tonight at 12.30 on tg4

id seriously have that mans babies if it was possible cant get much more love than that:P:D:)

tippspur wrote: »
    Tom Mc Grath commentating for Tipp FM gave Conor O Brien MOTM today so I don't know how anyone can say he's not up to it.

ya fully agree i thought he was very good the last two games and i wouldnt be his biggest fan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Watched the game again on sky+ tonight,we got some great scores and the players had great determination throughout the game,if Bubbles can keep that form going into the championship he'll be a star for us.

tallowmanirish on YouTube is great for uploading GAA matches/highlights but sometimes the quality isn't the best. These are the highlights but they're heavily edited so you only see points/goals. Better than nothing. Some great scores on show here.

Kilkenny u21s beat Tipperary u21s in a challenge in Ballyragget earlier tonight 1-21 - 2-15

Has the team for Sunday been announced yet?

Nothing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭oats 2

Nothing yet.
    cummins ,donna ,curran ,cahill ,o Brian,t stapleton ,p maher ,woodlock ,s mcgrath ,o meara,Noel mcgrat Adrian Ryan corbett callnan s burke

Advertisement