Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Tipperary SF Team to play Leitrim :

P Fitzgerald
    J Coughlan
    P Codd
    C Mcdonald
    B Fox
    R Costigan
    D Leahy
    P Acheson
    G Hannigan
    C Sweeney
    H coughlan
    A Matassa
    M Quinlivan
    B Grogan
    A Maloney

Victory here , a win for Waterford over Offaly and we are nearly there , fingers crossed ;) .

Tipperary SF Team to play Leitrim :

P Fitzgerald
    J Coughlan
    P Codd
    C Mcdonald
    B Fox
    R Costigan
    D Leahy
    P Acheson
    G Hannigan
    C Sweeney
    H coughlan
    A Matassa
    M Quinlivan
    B Grogan
    A Maloney

Victory here , a win for Waterford over Offaly and we are nearly there , fingers crossed ;) .

Waterford are at home on the plastic WIT pitch too which could prove troublesome to Offaly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

1. Brendan Cummins (Ballybacon-Grange)

2. Donagh Maher (Burgess)

3. Paul Curran (Mullinahone)

4. Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)

5. Conor O’Brien (Éire Óg Annacarty)

6. Thomas Stapleton (Templederry Kenyons)

7. Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)

8. James Woodlock (Drom and Inch)

9. Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch) CAPTAIN

10. Brian O’Meara (Kilruane MacDonaghs)

11. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)

12. Adrian Ryan (Templederry Kenyons)

13. Shane Bourke (JK Brackens)

14. Seamus Callanan (Drom & Inch)

15. Lar Corbett (Thurles Sarsfields)

Surprised to see no Bubbles.

1. Brendan Cummins (Ballybacon-Grange)

2. Donagh Maher (Burgess)

3. Paul Curran (Mullinahone)

4. Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)

5. Conor O’Brien (Éire Óg Annacarty)

6. Thomas Stapleton (Templederry Kenyons)

7. Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)

8. James Woodlock (Drom and Inch)

9. Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch) CAPTAIN

10. Brian O’Meara (Kilruane MacDonaghs)

11. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)

12. Adrian Ryan (Templederry Kenyons)

13. Shane Bourke (JK Brackens)

14. Seamus Callanan (Drom & Inch)

15. Lar Corbett (Thurles Sarsfields)

Surprised to see no Bubbles.

EOS is trying out every combination possible to establish his best 15 ahead of the Limerick game in the championship. Too right imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I hope we demolish that Leitrim crowd today. Tipp football needs to be out of division 4, we're a coming team at Senior. We also need to be given a fair roll of the dice and stop being drawn with Kerry in the first round of Munster each year, is this fcuking thing rigged or what? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

ATM Tipperary beating Leitrim 1-5 to 0-2.

Six minutes to the Waterford game! Can't make it (blasted flu/cold and Waterford only down the road!) so I'm listening to it on Tipp fm.

C'mon Tipp!

EDIT: 2-10 Tipp to Leitrim's 0-4. Tipperary are playing very well. If they beat Leitrim they play Offaly in 2 weeks to fight for promotion according to the guys at TippFm.

Tipp 2-15 Leitrim 0-14 . Great result . Clare are winning at the minute so they are not gone yet . Can`t see them making up the points difference though if it comes down to that .

I hope we demolish that Leitrim crowd today. Tipp football needs to be out of division 4, we're a coming team at Senior. We also need to be given a fair roll of the dice and stop being drawn with Kerry in the first round of Munster each year, is this fcuking thing rigged or what? :confused:

We are a coming Team , things have to change at Club level if we are to maintain the efforts being made at youth level . The new County Championship structure is a start . A proper league needs to be organised for players , especially fringe players to play regularly throughout the summer to increase competition for places . When it comes to the Munster Club Championships we have to be competitive also .

Waterford 1-14 Tipperary 0-16. Kevin Moran nicked it at the death. Waterford got six in a row in the last few.

Waterford 1-14 Tipperary 0-16. Kevin Moran nicked it at the death. Waterford got six in a row in the last few.

A one point defeat flattered us tbh. Some of our forwards will have to understand the importance of battling for the dirty ball. We could find ourselves in a relegation final now next week if we lose to Clare. 2 defeats now

• Advertisement

:p

Poor oul Leitrim as if they havent enough to be worried about with the floods above.

Great win and much congrats to our footballers. Hopefully we can beat Offaly now and secure Div 3. Some silverware would be a boost while we are at it and if we were to get in the top 2 there is a good chance we might get a home final seen as we have to play Offaly in Tullamore and have played Limerick at the Gaelic Grounds already

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Youngladathome

Just thawing out after Walsh Park! Despite poor performances from our forwards - four were replaced, N.McGrath and A. Ryan did not reappear for the second half - I felt we should have won and definitely let is slip. Really disappointing. Waterford got back into the game via a succession of dubious frees. Pauric Mahony came on in the last quarter and immediately hit over three frees in a row. Tipp couldn't buy a free in the second half. The Waterford half-back line was outstanding, as they were last week against KK. Brick Walsh in particular. Our forwards just could not win ball, mistimed their runs and passes, lost possession easily. Lar just couldn't get his hands on the sliothar. The only positive from the game was the continuing good form of Shane McGrath and Brendan Maher.
    Perhaps it's unfair to be critical of players trying to hurl in such cold conditions. Our lads seemed to have greater problems controlling the sliothar than the Waterford lads.
    Can see out backs having problems next Sunday dealing with those speedy Clare forwards. Anyway, it's down to the wire next week - Waterford and Cork tops - they could still be battling relegation this time next week, as could we!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Have to agree with Youngladathome about the dubious frees in the 2nd half,it kept Waterford in touch with Tipp until the end before they eventually got a couple from play.
    Still though, with a bit more effort from our forwards we could have won it.me poor feet are still not warmed up.

Just thawing out after Walsh Park! Despite poor performances from our forwards - four were replaced, N.McGrath and A. Ryan did not reappear for the second half - I felt we should have won and definitely let is slip. Really disappointing. Waterford got back into the game via a succession of dubious frees. Pauric Mahony came on in the last quarter and immediately hit over three frees in a row. Tipp couldn't buy a free in the second half. The Waterford half-back line was outstanding, as they were last week against KK. Brick Walsh in particular. Our forwards just could not win ball, mistimed their runs and passes, lost possession easily. Lar just couldn't get his hands on the sliothar. The only positive from the game was the continuing good form of Shane McGrath and Brendan Maher.
    Perhaps it's unfair to be critical of players trying to hurl in such cold conditions. Our lads seemed to have greater problems controlling the sliothar than the Waterford lads.
    Can see out backs having problems next Sunday dealing with those speedy Clare forwards. Anyway, it's down to the wire next week - Waterford and Cork tops - they could still be battling relegation this time next week, as could we!!

The only thing i will say is that when Tipp's backs are to the wall and all eyes are on them, they are capable of raising their game enough to get a result

tippspur wrote: »
    Have to agree with Youngladathome about the dubious frees in the 2nd half,it kept Waterford in touch with Tipp until the end before they eventually got a couple from play.
    Still though, with a bit more effort from our forwards we could have won it.me poor feet are still not warmed up.

We got one or two ourselves though in fairness. Ref very pedantic and considering he let anything go last August when we played Kilkenny (for both teams) its quite amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Youngladathome

We got one or two ourselves though in fairness. Ref very pedantic and considering he let anything go last August when we played Kilkenny (for both teams) its quite amazing.

Reading the match reports on The Examiner - Waterford got eight scores from frees, Tipp four - did our lads really foul twice as much as Waterford? In fairness Paudie Maher and Brendan Maher were awarded frees after going down like Drogba!!
    But, if my memory serves me right, Seamie Callinan missed one very handy free into the wind in the last quarter of the game. I think he also missed another, not so easy one. Was surprised Kelly didn't take over the frees when he came on at half-time. I suppose Callinan had the radar set at that stage.
    Anyway, well done to Waterford, 'Brick' has to be the best c/b in hurling at the moment.
    P.S. Our season tickets weren't scanned yesterday - there was only one scanner in operation and we were told that all season tickets would be credited with being there. Anyone any doubts about that happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Reading the match reports on The Examiner - Waterford got eight scores from frees, Tipp four - did our lads really foul twice as much as Waterford? In fairness Paudie Maher and Brendan Maher were awarded frees after going down like Drogba!!
    But, if my memory serves me right, Seamie Callinan missed one very handy free into the wind in the last quarter of the game. I think he also missed another, not so easy one. Was surprised Kelly didn't take over the frees when he came on at half-time. I suppose Callinan had the radar set at that stage.
    Anyway, well done to Waterford, 'Brick' has to be the best c/b in hurling at the moment.
    P.S. Our season tickets weren't scanned yesterday - there was only one scanner in operation and we were told that all season tickets would be credited with being there. Anyone any doubts about that happening?

from what i can remeber the ref threw the ball in at one stage and it went through the players out to eoin kelly and he pointed after that it seemed like wford got every little decision to try and even things up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

There have been examples in the past of blanket scans, if they say it will happen then it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

U. 21 Football team to play Clare in the Munster Semi Final on Wednesday night. 4 changes from the team that beat Waterford. Evan Comerford, Paddy Dalton, Niall O'Sullivan, Conor O'Sullivan, Niall O'Meara, Seamus Kennedy (capt), Dylan Fitzelle, Stephen O'Brien, Ian Fahey, Bill Maher, Philip Quirke, Donagh Leahy, Liam McGrath, Michael Quinlivan, Shane Leahy.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

Very few people here interested in football it would seem. but Tipp are through to the Munster Under 21 Final. They beat Clare by 1-12 to 0-7 tonight. The Final against Cork is on this night fortnight in Thurles. Cork will be favourites but many of these lads have beaten favourites before. Well done to them on their win tonight.

• Advertisement

Very few people here interested in football it would seem. but Tipp are through to the Munster Under 21 Final. They beat Clare by 1-12 to 0-7 tonight. The Final against Cork is on this night fortnight in Thurles. Cork will be favourites but many of these lads have beaten favourites before. Well done to them on their win tonight.

Wasn`t a great performance , Tipp done enough . Again like the Waterford game they lacked composure at times especially in the second half . Maybe they had their foot of the peddle at that stage . Paddy Dalton and Liam McGrath played very well . Worryingly Philip Quirke was down to start but Liam Treacy started instead of him , he didn`t even come of the bench on this occasion . Anyone from Moyle Rovers , Clonmel direction know whats the craic with him ?

Attendance was 675 btw , a big Clare support . Hopefully people will make an effort for the final , especially with it being against Cork in Thurles , this talented bunch of lads deserve respect and support form Tipp GAA people !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Brilliant for the U/21s tonight,must go up and give them a shout in the Munster final.

First round of games in the County S.F.C. taking place on the weekend of 13/14 of April (groups 1,2, and 4) with group 3 games on the 21st of April . A positive move for the game in Tipp playing the Championship in Spring and Summer rather than late Autumn .

The Tipperary team to play Clare on Sunday:
    1. Darren Gleeson

2. Paddy Stapleton 3. Paul Curran 4. Michael Cahill

5. Conor O’Brien 6. Conor O’Mahony 7. Padraic Maher

8. Brendan Maher 9. Shane McGrath

10. Shane Bourke 11. Lar Corbett 12. John O’Dwyer

13. Eoin Kelly 14. Seamus Callanan 15. Noel McGrath

The Tipperary team to play Clare on Sunday:
    1. Darren Gleeson

2. Paddy Stapleton 3. Paul Curran 4. Michael Cahill

5. Conor O’Brien 6. Conor O’Mahony 7. Padraic Maher

8. Brendan Maher 9. Shane McGrath

10. Shane Bourke 11. Lar Corbett 12. John O’Dwyer

13. Eoin Kelly 14. Seamus Callanan 15. Noel McGrath

Bar Shane Bourke for Kelly is that our best 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Pretty close to our strongest team, need to put Bonner in there instead of Bourke, maybe John O'Brien instead of Callinan

I'd keep Bourke and sacrifice someone else, maybe Noel McGrath? I think Bourke is hurling well. Bonner should be at half-forward directing that attack, he was on the bench last week so he could feature there again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Can anyone fill me in in ticket prices for sunday? Is the adult rate different to the student/oap rate? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Skyrim wrote: »
    Can anyone fill me in in ticket prices for sunday? Is the adult rate different to the student/oap rate? Thanks.

adult tickets are 13 euro kids under 16 are free and i dont know about student/oap:)

Advertisement