Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2013

Options

Comments

All went Pete Tong up in Thurles tonight. Bad week for Tipperary football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Cork just to good for Tipp tonight,we're a young enough team and hopefully will be back again next year.

Best of luck to the Minor team down in Waterford tomorrow night,I would love to be going down to see this game but am working hope they get good support.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

waterford 1 13 tipp 2 14 get in there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

How about well done to the Minor Hurlers in their win against Waterford. Throw yourself back to the age when your age would qualify you as a minor, bet you would appreciate anyone saying well done!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Was in Waterford tonight. Brilliant performance. All swung on that second goal out of what seemed nothing though. Both Keane and O'Riordan were terrific but Mark McCarthy didnt look fit and looked off the pace. Was he carrying a knock?

As for the under 21s id say it could be alot of Cork being further along the road physicality wise.

Xenophile wrote: »
    How about well done to the Minor Hurlers in their win against Waterford. Throw yourself back to the age when your age would qualify you as a minor, bet you would appreciate anyone saying well done!

Jesus your a bit defensive there. The reason this thread is here is because there is a good Tipperary support on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Reading some reports I can get on line( on hols at the mo) about the minors looks like it was a tuff game, Waterford half backs and half forwards played brilliant and the 2nd goal knocked the stuffing out of them? Keane is a great prospect, at least they got over the first hurdle and some of the other players who didn't play good can show themselves against limerick, we all no how good mccarthy is ... It's good to beat Waterford in there back yard.

Reading some reports I can get on line( on hols at the mo) about the minors looks like it was a tuff game, Waterford half backs and half forwards played brilliant and the 2nd goal knocked the stuffing out of them? Keane is a great prospect, at least they got over the first hurdle and some of the other players who didn't play good can show themselves against limerick, we all no how good mccarthy is ... It's good to beat Waterford in there back yard.

The second goal was completely out of nothing TAL. Waterford were in the ascendency and had they levelled would have finished very strong. Up stepped the deadly Keane with the sucker punch. Incredible talent. He had no right to win that ball but he did and absolutely stuck it.

You wouldnt mind he was marking a pure tank of a young lad at number 3 for the Decie. Waterford backs were very impressive but both O'Riordan and Keane really done damage. Its unfair to put pressure on youngsters under 18 but im smacking my lips at the prospect of these lads lining out in a few years time.

Waterford have to be given huge credit. They are producing some terrific youngsters. As unfortunate as it was for Mullane and co not to win the All Ireland, they've left a very healthy legacy.

Jesus your a bit defensive there. The reason this thread is here is because there is a good Tipperary support on boards

Listened to the final stages of the game on WLR, I did not hear one Tipperary cheer after the final whistle. Seems to me that they had very little support at the game. So boards is a good place to give the young team a feel good factor.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Listened to the final stages of the game on WLR, I did not hear one Tipperary cheer after the final whistle. Seems to me that they had very little support at the game. So boards is a good place to give the young team a feel good factor.

Tipp werent in the majority ill agree but i suppose firstly its a big ask to people and in particular from north Tipp, to travel to Waterford midweek to watch a minor game and especially given the times we are in. Secondly there was a decent enough Tipp support at it. Perhaps not vocal given the earliness in the year but sizeable none the less.
    I wish we would give the football more support in this county and i know i could do more myself and if i was working would be in a position to...However in terms of hurling we are well supported at all levels and there is a real hard core that i see at almost every game.

As for football, i remember Tipp outnumbering and out-cheering the other 3 sets of supporters at the minor double quarter finals back in 2011 (Dublin, Cork, and Meath) but very disappointingly its embarrassing that despite having a relatively competent set of senior footballers we were drawing paltry crowds even in division 2.

Granted we are in tough tough times but i cant help feeling that some of our fans will only follow football when we are achieving. That said the county board could use a bit more lateral thinking to promote the code.

Tipp werent in the majority ill agree but i suppose firstly its a big ask to people and in particular from north Tipp, to travel to Waterford midweek to watch a minor game and especially given the times we are in. Secondly there was a decent enough Tipp support at it. Perhaps not vocal given the earliness in the year but sizeable none the less.
    I wish we would give the football more support in this county and i know i could do more myself and if i was working would be in a position to...However in terms of hurling we are well supported at all levels and there is a real hard core that i see at almost every game.

As for football, i remember Tipp outnumbering and out-cheering the other 3 sets of supporters at the minor double quarter finals back in 2011 (Dublin, Cork, and Meath) but very disappointingly its embarrassing that despite having a relatively competent set of senior footballers we were drawing paltry crowds even in division 2.

Granted we are in tough tough times but i cant help feeling that some of our fans will only follow football when we are achieving. That said the county board could use a bit more lateral thinking to promote the code.

I completely agree, by the way I sponsor one of the Tipp county club football championships, I will not say which one as I wish to remain anonymous.

I completely agree, by the way I sponsor one of the Tipp county club football championships, I will not say which one as I wish to remain anonymous.

Your entitled to your anonymity but absolutely fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

What's the story with jack shelly? Is he injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

What's the story with jack shelly? Is he injured?

Cruciate

looder wrote: »
    Cruciate

He was pucking around at half time (at least it looked like him). When exactly did he do the cruciates? I would have thought if it was recently he would be on crutches. Shame if he is ruled out for the whole season as he would add much needed physicality to the forwards and is a classy operator

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

i would love to support the tipp senior footballers and the other codes of hurling but i can barely afford to support and follow the senior hurlers which will always come first to the majority of tipp people.money talks at the end of the day for me anyway:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

He was pucking around at half time (at least it looked like him). When exactly did he do the cruciates? I would have thought if it was recently he would be on crutches. Shame if he is ruled out for the whole season as he would add much needed physicality to the forwards and is a classy operator

Yeah it was 6 months or so ago he did it, not far off been back.

Yeah it was 6 months or so ago he did it, not far off been back.
    It wasn't that long ago from what I recall. I think he played a minor challenge vs Wexford in Mooncoin in February so it was just after that. It was about 2/3 months ago. He'll be extremely lucky to play any hurling this year. A massive loss to the minors and Mullinahone this year.

It wasn't that long ago from what I recall. I think he played a minor challenge vs Wexford in Mooncoin in February so it was just after that. It was about 2/3 months ago. He'll be extremely lucky to play any hurling this year. A massive loss to the minors and Mullinahone this year.

He is able to walk without aid though so he might see some action towards the business end of the year. Rough on the young man.

Good little boxer too. Back a few years he won a national title i believe. Not sure if he is still at it. I would doubt it.

• Advertisement

My bad, I was nealry sure one of the minor panel told me he was very close o been back, which is why I assumed it was the end of lasy year rather than this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

Unlucky for Jack Shelly to miss his last year as a minor because of injury. He will be a big loss to the minor footballers in Ennis on Saturday.

My bad, I was nealry sure one of the minor panel told me he was very close o been back, which is why I assumed it was the end of lasy year rather than this year.

It mightn't be as bad as first feared. I remember I heard somebody say a few weeks after the cruciate story broke that it was medial ligaments which would be 3 or 4 months out so he could be back in the next couple of months (I didn't hear anything else about him with a few weeks so presumed the official diagnosis was cruciate).

Unlucky for Jack Shelly to miss his last year as a minor because of injury. He will be a big loss to the minor footballers in Ennis on Saturday.

Indeed he wlll and the frustrating thing is that a minor starts to really come along in leaps and bounds in their second year in the grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Should be a decent enough crowd on Sunday also - on the off chance is anyone heading up there from Clonmel/Carrick direction?

Thanks and regards
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Team for Sunday has been named. https://sites.google.com/a/gaa.ie/tipperary-gaa/latestnews/allianzhurlingleaguedivision1semi-final-tipperaryvdublin
    1. Brendan Cummins (Ballybacon Grange)
    2. Paddy Stapleton (Borris-Ileigh)
    3. Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)
    4. Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)
    5. Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh)
    6. Conor O’Mahony (Newport)
    7. Donagh Maher (Burgess)
    8. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)
    9. Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch)
    10. Seamus Callanan (Drom and Inch)
    11. Lar Corbett (Thurles Sarsfields)
    12. Patrick Maher (Lorrha and Dorrha)
    13. Shane Bourke (JK Brackens)
    14. Pa Bourke (Thurles Sarsfields)
    15. Jason Forde (Silvermines)

ormond lad wrote: »
    Team for Sunday has been named. https://sites.google.com/a/gaa.ie/tipperary-gaa/latestnews/allianzhurlingleaguedivision1semi-final-tipperaryvdublin
    1. Brendan Cummins (Ballybacon Grange)
    2. Paddy Stapleton (Borris-Ileigh)
    3. Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)
    4. Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)
    5. Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh)
    6. Conor O’Mahony (Newport)
    7. Donagh Maher (Burgess)
    8. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)
    9. Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch)
    10. Seamus Callanan (Drom and Inch)
    11. Lar Corbett (Thurles Sarsfields)
    12. Patrick Maher (Lorrha and Dorrha)
    13. Shane Bourke (JK Brackens)
    14. Pa Bourke (Thurles Sarsfields)
    15. Jason Forde (Silvermines)
    I didn't realise we had so many injuries,5 changes from the last day is a lot and causes a bit of disruption to the team,still good enough to win hopefully.

tippspur wrote: »
    I didn't realise we had so many injuries,5 changes from the last day is a lot and causes a bit of disruption to the team,still good enough to win hopefully.

Not all down to injuries, Darren Gleeson, Paul Curran and Conor O'Brien are not injured.

More Eamon O'Shea wanting to have more options and depth to the squad, the chances of getting through a championship starting the same 15 players every game are practically nil, so if he didnt experiment here, when?

Take for example Paul Curran, many people have their reservations about Paul come summer time and whether he will have the 'legs' for championship hurling, and if that does transpire and say Hannon or Mulcahy give him a torrid time we would no other FB tried all year, Paraic Maher would need to be moved back their thus leaving the HB line light, so Donagh Maher is been afforded the chance to stake a claim.

Injuries are an issue in the forwards allright and Pa and Jason Forde are the main benefficaries, Pa has not been seen this year which I found a lttle strange myself, IMO he was our best forward last year and certainly our most consistent between the league and championship, perhaps EOS felt he neededa break having played all Tipps games last year and then the run with SARS, Jason Forde on teh other hand has really forced he's way into contention with he's club form and hopefully he can seize the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

Tipperary Minor Football team to play Clare in Ennis on Saturday night - Jack Brady (Ballina), Danny Owens (Moyle Rovers), Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule), Willie Connors (Kildangan), Kevin Fahey (Commercials), Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers), Luke Boland (Moyle Rovers), Colin O'Riordan (JK Bracken's) capt., Mark Russell (Lattin-Cullen), Michael Meagher (Grangemockler), Josh Keane (Golden-Kilfeacle), Liam Casey (Cahir), Alan Tynan (Inane Rovers), Tom Kirwan (Ardfinnan), Paul Maher (Kilsheelan).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Tipperary Minor Football team to play Clare in Ennis on Saturday night - Jack Brady (Ballina), Danny Owens (Moyle Rovers), Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule), Willie Connors (Kildangan), Kevin Fahey (Commercials), Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers), Luke Boland (Moyle Rovers), Colin O'Riordan (JK Bracken's) capt., Mark Russell (Lattin-Cullen), Michael Meagher (Grangemockler), Josh Keane (Golden-Kilfeacle), Liam Casey (Cahir), Alan Tynan (Inane Rovers), Tom Kirwan (Ardfinnan), Paul Maher (Kilsheelan).

Only one Commercials man from a team that are walking through the South?

Advertisement