Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Only one Commercials man from a team.

Who is the team manager and what club? Request for information only nothing about this question is an insinuation of any kind.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

Team Manager is Charlie McGeever (Clonmel Commercials).

Good win for Tipp Minor Footballers tonight.

Clare. 0-08...........Tipp. 1-10.

Well done lads!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great win ,well done.We seem to be beating Clare at all levels this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Tipp for the GAA, Clare for the music as they say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Good luck to tipp today, would love to be there but stuck in sunny( 34degrees) vietnam, lads will ye keep me up dated on the scores as they happen, cheers.

Good luck to tipp today, would love to be there but stuck in sunny( 34degrees) vietnam, lads will ye keep me up dated on the scores as they happen, cheers.

23 Mins Gone - Dublin 0-02 Tipp 2-08

Tipp playing nicely.
    Dub making 2nd Sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

NoDrama wrote: »
    23 Mins Gone - Dublin 0-02 Tipp 2-08

Tipp playing nicely.
    Dub making 2nd Sub.

finished up 4 20 to 17 pts i think,shane bourke,callanan peno,heffernan and bonnar maher with da goals.good performance against poor oppostion.disappointed with pa bourke and jason forde felt they never really got into the game.final in nowlan park in 2 weeks time.mon da premier:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Was at the game and I was pleased with the good performance - it was miles away from the debacle I was last at, the Cork game.

Huge scoreline. We've scored 12 goals in three games which is terrific going.

Jason Forde had a nice haul with 4 points and one of them a beautiful sideline cut. Brendan Maher was all over the pitch. I thought the second half was quiet for Bonner Maher although his goal was really well-worked. Shane Bourke with yet another goal - he's a fierce industrious worker. Paudie Maher hurled a world of ball as well. Cummins made some nice saves also. These are all immediate post-match thoughts, I'll watch the game later so don't savage me!

How bad were the Dublin selections though? Liam Rushe is a much better center forward than he is a centre back - which is no slight on him as he can play most positions. Colin Keaney started in the forwards but was eventually moved back. I think Johnny McCaffrey is a better defender too.

I caught a bit of the Galway - KK game. Galway were so poor. The Fergal Moore injury really deflated them as Kilkenny went on the rampage.

We're playing Kilkenny in two weeks' time below in Nowlan Park for the League final! Much rather it close to home than up in Croke Park!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

You were disappointed with a 19 yr old making his league debut who scored 4 points and won motm on Tg4. Remarkable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 seannieb

Hey lads. Im hearing that O'Shea has taking leave from his job in Galway to basically coach tipp full time and that the college won't be paying him on his sabbatical. Heard that he is been paid by "a third party ", not the county board. Could be just rumour, hoping someone in the know may be able to confirm or deny this ?

You were disappointed with a 19 yr old making his league debut who scored 4 points and won motm on Tg4. Remarkable

ya lad your entitled to your opinion as i am mine maybe i was a tad to harsh on him i wrote it directly after the match.mom award is also somones opinion and not fact.i would probaly would have with for shane bourke.:D

seannieb wrote: »
    Hey lads. Im hearing that O'Shea has taking leave from his job in Galway to basically coach tipp full time and that the college won't be paying him on his sabbatical. Heard that he is been paid by "a third party ", not the county board. Could be just rumour, hoping someone in the know may be able to confirm or deny this ?

Welcome to Boards.ie with a very interesting first post. Worth keeping an eye on your breaking news. Have a good time here. I am very happy to thank you on your first post!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

seannieb wrote: »
    I would reckon it is a rumour all right. Probably started by some fellow in a pub. Doubt if there is anything in it.

Any idea what time the match is starting on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Any idea what time the match is starting on Sunday?

3.30pm

Thanks premierstone. Is there a game on before hand? Judging when to head down.

Camogie final on at 1.45.

As gunner says the Camogie final, best to head early aswell as there is no set seating in Nowlan park as in first come first served for seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Paddy Stapleton out for 4weeks, big loss but it's a good time to test our squad depth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Youngladathome

OAOB wrote: »
    Paddy Stapleton out for 4weeks, big loss but it's a good time to test our squad depth.

Is there a doubt about Paudie Maher who was injured in a club game? Also I believe 'Bubbles' took some punishment on Sunday evening against Ballingarry with the culprit being red-carded.

Anyone know if parking on the street will be allowed around Nowlan Pk on Sunday? Will be heading up the ring road myself - just wondering if parking will be allowed on the road to the left off the Dublin road roundabout - I think it's called the Hebron road ?
    , it's just a handy walk from there to the park. That's where I usually park for league games, maybe it will be restricted on Sunday though, as there will be a pretty sizeable crowd I'd say.

Is there a doubt about Paudie Maher who was injured in a club game? Also I believe 'Bubbles' took some punishment on Sunday evening against Ballingarry with the culprit being red-carded.

Yeah Paudie received a nasty blow to the arm from a JK Brackens player, Lorcan Egan the Tipp senior footballer, who received a straight red. News from last nights training, which he didnt take part in is that he and Michael Cahill will be ok for Sunday.

Bubbles came in for a bit of special attention according to reports I have seen, but he is fine, he was just winded. Buggy is definitely out, and Bonner is also a major doubt.

Saint will be a massive loss he has been hurling superbly well for both club and county, but better now than in 4 months time to be picking up an injury of this type.

I think it's called the Hebron road ?

Hebron Road yeah.
    Camogie final on at 1.45.
    As gunner says the Camogie final, best to head early aswell as there is no set seating in Nowlan park as in first come first served for seats.

Thanks. Top lads.
    Yeah Paudie received a nasty blow to the arm from a JK Brackens player, Lorcan Egan the Tipp senior footballer, who received a straight red. News from last nights training, which he didnt take part in is that he and Michael Cahill will be ok for Sunday.

Bubbles came in for a bit of special attention according to reports

I'm hearing Paudie got a bad laceration and he might be OK but it's hard to say.

Bonner got some of that special attention you mentioned, a few weeks back. Opposing players were pretty much breaking hurleys off him.

Team for Sunday

Gleeson
    Cahill O'Mahony Curran
    K Bergin Paudie CO'Brien
    Shane Brendan
    Callinan Corbett Bonnar
    S Bourke Kelly Noel

Kieran Bergin, a Killenaule man, making his debut. A noted starter. Has anyone seen him play?

I'm not sure if it's a matter of rotation or is the Noel McGrath experiment at midfield over.

Kieran Bergin, a Killenaule man, making his debut. A noted starter. Has anyone seen him play?

Kieran is around 27-28 now. He was a very good minor in the middle of the park 10 year ago but then emigrated around 2005 to the US and only came back last year. It will certainly be a baptism of fire for him on Sunday.

Very worried about Curran in the corner and O'Mahony beside him at full. Neither have a great deal of pace. I hope we can at least give a decent account of ourselves Sunday but we could easily get a trimming. From number 8 up, that Kilkenny team have pace and power in abundance.

Kieran is around 27-28 now. He was a very good minor in the middle of the park 10 year ago but then emigrated around 2005 to the US and only came back last year. It will certainly be a baptism of fire for him on Sunday.

Very worried about Curran in the corner and O'Mahony beside him at full. Neither have a great deal of pace. I hope we can at least give a decent account of ourselves Sunday but we could easily get a trimming. From number 8 up, that Kilkenny team have pace and power in abundance.

baptism of fire is right.he must be looking good in training.ya id be very worried about curran especially if the likes of colin fennelly is on him.hopfully we go with plenty of low ball into the forwards as itl be the only hope we have.i wonder will callanan get some rough treatment.hopfully this is the game he comes into his own.be interesting to see whos on the frees to also glad gleeson got the nod

buggy beag wrote: »
    baptism of fire is right.he must be looking good in training.ya id be very worried about curran especially if the likes of colin fennelly is on him.hopfully we go with plenty of low ball into the forwards as itl be the only hope we have.i wonder will callanan get some rough treatment.hopfully this is the game he comes into his own.be interesting to see whos on the frees to also glad gleeson got the nod

Great indeed to see Gleeson get the nod for a final to give him some crunch game experience.

Callanan was like a raging bull the last day so if you could get him in that frame of mind then your away with it.

Id agree with you about the low ball. The hail Mary's are pure nonsense unless perhaps your driving a high one into a man in isolation or with merely one marker like Lar with Hickey in 2010.

Great indeed to see Gleeson get the nod for a final to give him some crunch game experience.

Callanan was like a raging bull the last day so if you could get him in that frame of mind then your away with it.

Id agree with you about the low ball. The hail Mary's are pure nonsense unless perhaps your driving a high one into a man in isolation or with merely one marker like Lar with Hickey in 2010.

ya seamies the one lad im always rooting for i expect so much from him as he is imo probaly the most skillful hurler we have and if he could get some toughness he could be a serious goal machine.at the semis before the injury it just looked like galway were going to rip them apart.that injury really affected imo and they were never at the races after that totally explainable to under the circumstances but they were putting in plenty of low ball and turning the kk backs at ease,tommy walsh in particular is very poor when low ball comes in so im sure thats something eamon will try to implement

• Advertisement

buggy beag wrote: »
    ya seamies the one lad im always rooting for i expect so much from him as he is imo probaly the most skillful hurler we have and if he could get some toughness he could be a serious goal machine.at the semis before the injury it just looked like galway were going to rip them apart.that injury really affected imo and they were never at the races after that totally explainable to under the circumstances but they were putting in plenty of low ball and turning the kk backs at ease,tommy walsh in particular is very poor when low ball comes in so im sure thats something eamon will try to implement

I noticed Paul Murphy getting caught out of position on numerous occasions the last day and again last year in the Leinster final. I cant help thinking that we would have been far more efficient with the ball then Galway were. The dilly dallied and squandered loads of chances.

Advertisement