Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2013

Options

Comments

That match was already on: Seamus O'Riain Cup Final Result - Thurles Sarsfields 3-18 Carrick Davins 1-13

Jaysus :D Had my weekends mixed up cheers Reacher. Ouch! Bit of a trimming or so the scoreline suggests anyway. Anyone at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

South Senior Fotball Semi Final Commercials 0-11; Cahir 0-8. Arravale Rovers beat Lattin Cullen Gaels by 1 point in West Intermediate Hurling Semi Final.

South Senior Football Semi Final Kilsheelan 0-9; Killenaule (holders) 0-6.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

dont really follow the football but are the games usually as boring as the scorelines suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great win for the Village.:cool:

• Advertisement

SHC last 12

Loughmore 0-21 - 2-11 Roscrea
    Nenagh 1-21 - 0-08 Silvermines

IHC

South R1
    Ballybacon 1-14 - Moyle rovers 0-11

North final

Ballina 1-20 Shannon Rovers 1-11

Mid Semi
    Clonakenny 2-22 Sarsfields 0-15

Intermediate format: perhaps someone can correct me if im wrong.

4 group winners: Lattin Cullen, Newport, Ballina, Sean Treacys
    4 group r/up : Shannon Rovers, Ballinahinch, Moyne-Templetouhy, Sars

4 division winners will play group runners up in last 12.

Where a team has won both their group and division like Ballina have done, i think they either get a bye to the quarters or the last 12 place could be awarded to the best 3rd place team from the group im not sure.

South Intermediate semis

Kilsheelan v Ballybacon (tbc)
    Cahir v Fr sheehys (next saturday)

Mid IHC final
    Clonakenny v Moyne

West IHC final
    Arravale Rovers v Sean Treacys

North was played today with Ballina crowned champions.

Junior:

South JAHC final next Sunday
    Ballylooby v Skeheenarinky

Mid JAHC
    Thurles duo Gaels and Sars into Semis along with group winners Moycarkey-Borris and Drom and Inch

West JAHC

Only 3 teams
    Knockavilla topped round robin with Emly 2nd and Clonoulty 3rd so i think Knockavilla in county quarters along with Emly

North JAHC
    Group 1 winner Borrisilleagh and runners up Knockshegowna
    Group 2 winner Nenagh and runners up Toomevara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Question for any rules expert on here. I was at a hurling match yesterday,Ballylooby-Castlegrace V Carrick Swan. A Ballylooby player took a long range shot that went over the bar but the ref blew for a free out for square ball. A Ballylooby player did run in to the square as the ball went over the bar but
    the keeper wasn't obstructed. Should a free out have been given? Luckily for the ref it didn't affect the result. I'm just curious to know was this a correct decision by the ref as the crowd all seemed to think he made a mistake!

maximo31 wrote: »
    Question for any rules expert on here. I was at a hurling match yesterday,Ballylooby-Castlegrace V Carrick Swan. A Ballylooby player took a long range shot that went over the bar but the ref blew for a free out for square ball. A Ballylooby player did run in to the square as the ball went over the bar but
    the keeper wasn't obstructed. Should a free out have been given? Luckily for the ref it didn't affect the result. I'm just curious to know was this a correct decision by the ref as the crowd all seemed to think he made a mistake!

Sounds as if the ref jumped the gun there. If the player didn't foul or obstruct the goalkeeper from trying to save the point then there is no free.

If he blew for a square ball then he still overreacted unless the player was in before his teammate struck ball with his hurley the point should have stood. In either case given the ball went over it would suggest it wasnt intended to be passed to a man in the square and that player A was going for his point and anyway the ref cant pull up for square ball until player B actually is in the area before the ball is hit and then actually touches the ball.

Can be a grey area to manage but it sounds like the ref made a balls up of a simple call on this occasion.

• Advertisement

North JAHC
    Group 1 winner Borrisilleagh and runners up Knockshegowna
    Group 2 winner Nenagh and runners up Toomevara

Just to add to this. Knockshegowna will meet 3rd place Kilruane McDonaghs (Sat) in and Toomevara will meet 3rd place Kildangan (Fri) North JAHC quarters

Will try and do a complete football championships rundown in the next few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Tipperary All Ireland Intermediate Hurling Champions 2013

Tipperary All Ireland Intermediate Hurling Champions 2013

Good clean game of hurling. Nice and flowing the way it should be played. Good win but i felt Niall O'Meara's presence was the real difference between the two teams.

Liam Sheedy ‏@LiamLsheedy 52m @TipperaryGAA fantastic win boys ends the year on a high and will help build momentum for 2014#bringiton

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Wasn't able to go to this. Was elsewhere in the country.

I meant to ask about O' Meara. You must be allowed to bring players up from minor/u21 to play in the intermediate at a moment's notice?

Congratulations to the lads who played. Read only a small bit but Tipperary were the better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Nice to end the year with an All Ireland win, fair play to the Intermediate lads.Niall O Meara made a huge difference to the team.Senior player next year I'd say.

Wasn't able to go to this. Was elsewhere in the country.

I meant to ask about O' Meara. You must be allowed to bring players up from minor/u21 to play in the intermediate at a moment's notice?

Congratulations to the lads who played. Read only a small bit but Tipperary were the better team.

In 2011 we got it changed so as that we are eligible to pick from any club in the county provided that the players in question weren't currently involved with another panel or had played for the senior panel

The u21s are out which meant O'Meara and Conor Kenny could link up with us and i think it also allowed one or two seniors that didnt get game time like John O'Keeffe. Anyone is welcome to correct me if im wrong on this.

Bit of sour grapes from John Knox's Kilkenny People match report. The reason we are allowed to pick from senior is because we were limited due to the fact that almost half our club hurling teams were senior prior to 2011 so below Senior standard in Tipperary had different meaning to below senior standard in KK, Cork, etc (Alot of our own fault to be fair due to the nature of our club championship).

Had other counties (including his own beloved Kilkenny) not agreed to making the exceptions then we wouldnt have entered the last 3 competitions.

Nothing of course from Mr Knox about Kilkenny only having to play 1 game and qualify for an All Ireland final or that they were at home yesterday? Advantages can swing many directions. They also had some excellent hurlers in Michael Brennan and Pat Hartley lining out for them.

Personally i think the competition should be open to every player

1. who isnt currently involved with another panel and
    2. who hasnt played even a minute either senior or minor in either league or championship as either a sub or starter

and that should count for every county.

They could also perhaps allow a limited amount of the '2nd tier' teams such as Laois, Carlow, Antrim, Westmeath, Kerry, etc to take part once their interest in the Liam McCarthy or Christy Ring has ended. I'm sure they'd love to keep their summer going by testing themselves against the traditional counties and be in with a reasonable chance to win All Ireland honours of some sort.

Good info there tipp_Gunner. Were you at the match? Any crowd?

Clonmel Commercials won the South Tipperary Senior Football Championship earlier: Commercials:1-12 Kilsheelan:0-6.

Good info there tipp_Gunner. Were you at the match? Any crowd?

Clonmel Commercials won the South Tipperary Senior Football Championship earlier: Commercials:1-12 Kilsheelan:0-6.

Was at it alright. Probably a few hundred at it but there was no 'get there two hours early' this time :D

Commercials seem to hold all the aces going forward in Tipp Senior football.

Junior A Football

Mid Group
    Pld
    Pts
    Loughmore
    Drom/Inch
    2-
    Boherlahan
    0--

South Group
    Pld
    Pts
    Ballingarry
    6-
    Newcastle
    6--
    Ardfinnan
    6--
    Davins
    4-
    Commercials
    St Pats

West Group
    Pld
    Pts
    Sean Treacys
    8--
    Arravale
    6--
    Aherlow
    6--
    Solohead
    5---
    Rosegreen
    5----
    Galtee Rovers

Loughmore play Boherlahan on the 22nd of Sept in the mid round robin. Id imagine it will then be Loughmore/Drom final with Loughmore already having taking Drom's scalp already.

3 fixtures still to go in the south with Davins to play both Ardfinnan and Newcastle and Pats still to play Commercials. Top 4 id imagine qualify for semis.

In the West, as Solohead and Rosegreen finished on equal points it would seem they have to playoff for 4th regardless of the fact that Solohead are +22 points better score difference after the round robin. :confused:

Not sure what happens after the divisions.

No north competition. Not sure if there is even a competitor. Don't think there is anyway.

Ill update as things progress

• Advertisement

Intermediate football so far

Still early on in the West.
    In the South, Commercials still have to play Grangemockler in what will be pretty much a dead rubber fixture.

Holycross have to play Upperchurch in both the mid round robin and mid final.

Again, no north, and not sure what happens thereafter

270063.png

Senior football championship

In the South Commercials beat Kilsheelan earlier as Reacher, etc previously mentioned

Mid
    Brackens are mid champions having beaten Loughmore by 2-10 to 1-09 earlier. Anyone at it? How did Colm O'Riordan do?

West fixtures in the round robin
    Round 2

Arravale Rovers V Aherlow Gaels

Galtee Rovers/St Pecaun V Éire Óg Anacarty/Donohill

Round 3

Galtee Rovers/St Pecaun V Arravale Rovers
    Éire Óg Anacarty/Donohill V Aherlow Gaels

Group winners
    Commercials G1
    Aherlow Gaels G2
    Loughmore G3
    Moyle Rovers G4

Runners up
    Annacarthy from g1
    Arravale from g2
    Kilsheelan from g3
    Mcdonaghs from g4

I think Div winners play runners up of groups in pre-quarters and then winners of them play group winners in quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Paddico

Senior football championship

In the South Commercials beat Kilsheelan earlier as Reacher, etc previously mentioned

Mid
    Brackens are mid champions having beaten Loughmore by 2-10 to 1-09 earlier. Anyone at it? How did Colm O'Riordan do?

West fixtures in the round robin
    Round 2
    Arravale Rovers V Aherlow Gaels

Galtee Rovers/St Pecaun V Éire Óg Anacarty/Donohill

Round 3
    Galtee Rovers/St Pecaun V Arravale Rovers
    Éire Óg Anacarty/Donohill V Aherlow Gaels

Group winners
    Commercials G1
    Aherlow Gaels G2
    Loughmore G3
    Moyle Rovers G4

Runners up
    Annacarthy from g1
    Arravale from g2
    Kilsheelan from g3
    Mcdonaghs from g4

I think Div winners play runners up of groups in pre-quarters and then winners of them play group winners in quarters.

Have any dates been announced for the west SF games?

Paddico wrote: »
    Have any dates been announced for the west SF games?

None yet AFAIK

Tipp Gunner, the information that you were given re West Football is well out of date. The Senior semi finals were played last weekend and the final is between Galtee Rovers and Arravale Rovers. There was no round robin or league section this year as all Divisional Senior Football Championships are played on a knock out basis. Intermediate league section is played and the semi finals are on this weekend. Cashel play Golden and Rockwell Rovers play Emly. Winners of those games to meet in the final. As you would expect Colin O'Riordan had an outstanding game in the Mid Final and won the MOTM award.

Tipp Gunner, the information that you were given re West Football is well out of date. The Senior semi finals were played last weekend and the final is between Galtee Rovers and Arravale Rovers. There was no round robin or league section this year as all Divisional Senior Football Championships are played on a knock out basis. Intermediate league section is played and the semi finals are on this weekend. Cashel play Golden and Rockwell Rovers play Emly. Winners of those games to meet in the final.

Apologies for that, my source was the Tipp website which is a bit of a boll*cks to navigate with the way the menus are laid out. Is it just the West im wrong on so?

I would agree with you about the Tipperary website. It is just hopeless. It seems we are in get a new website "in the autumn". Hope the County Board do it properly this time.

Speaking of websites, the Clare website makes my eyes bleed: http://www.clare.gaa.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Paddico

Tipp Gunner, the information that you were given re West Football is well out of date. The Senior semi finals were played last weekend and the final is between Galtee Rovers and Arravale Rovers. There was no round robin or league section this year as all Divisional Senior Football Championships are played on a knock out basis. Intermediate league section is played and the semi finals are on this weekend. Cashel play Golden and Rockwell Rovers play Emly. Winners of those games to meet in the final. As you would expect Colin O'Riordan had an outstanding game in the Mid Final and won the MOTM award.

Is there anywhere on-line to get match these match reports Davin?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Junior A Football

Mid Group
    Pld
    Pts
    Loughmore
    Drom/Inch
    2-
    Boherlahan
    0--

South Group
    Pld
    Pts
    Ballingarry
    6-
    Newcastle
    6--
    Ardfinnan
    6--
    Davins
    4-
    Commercials
    St Pats

West Group
    Pld
    Pts
    Sean Treacys
    8--
    Arravale
    6--
    Aherlow
    6--
    Solohead
    5---
    Rosegreen
    5----
    Galtee Rovers

Loughmore play Boherlahan on the 22nd of Sept in the mid round robin. Id imagine it will then be Loughmore/Drom final with Loughmore already having taking Drom's scalp already.

3 fixtures still to go in the south with Davins to play both Ardfinnan and Newcastle and Pats still to play Commercials. Top 4 id imagine qualify for semis.

In the West, as Solohead and Rosegreen finished on equal points it would seem they have to playoff for 4th regardless of the fact that Solohead are +22 points better score difference after the round robin. :confused:

Not sure what happens after the divisions.

No north competition. Not sure if there is even a competitor. Don't think there is anyway.

Ill update as things progress

North Junior starts next weekend , Inane Rovers V Newport and Port V Shannon Rovers , Lorrha also involved .

Intermediate has Kildangan , Nenagh and Borrisokane , don`t know when it starts but I expect Nenagh to pull out !

Advertisement