Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

South draws being made tomorrow night , anyone know when the North ones are happening ?

Not for a while yet AFAIK, there are 13 teams in the North Senior Hurling this year and it will be run on a round robin basis as follows - 3 groups of 4, 4 and 5 team's respectively.

Top two teams in each group plus the third team in the 5 team group in the QF with the third team in Group A and B playing off for the 8th QF spot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

wbeykw.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Is it a medal ??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tippspur wrote: »
    Is it a medal ??

For what tho? I know, just wondering if anyone can guess the type and year it's from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Have you access to it, any inscription on the back?

• Advertisement

OAOB wrote: »
    Have you access to it, any inscription on the back?

I have the picture that shows the back of the medal, I know the answer, I'm just wondering if anyone else can guess what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

lockie1983 wrote: »
    I have the picture that shows the back of the medal, I know the answer, I'm just wondering if anyone else can guess what it is.

Ah right, well i haven't a clue so

wbeykw.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Is it an all ireland handball medal?

Is it an all ireland handball medal?

No, a clue to what type of medal it is, is on the front. If you look under the harp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

^^^^^^
    A Shinty medal?

• Advertisement

jprboy wrote: »
    ^^^^^^
    A Shinty medal?

No, but a hell of a guess, it's actually a Tipp County Championship Hurling Medal, won by Thurles in 1907!

No, but a hell of a guess, it's actually a Tipp County Championship Hurling Medal, won by Thurles in 1907!

I was just going to say a Leinster medal due to the Harp. Wow. Nice artefact to have in your possession

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

Team to play Carlow in Div. 4 of the NFL on Sunday has been selected -: Paul Fitzgerald, Andrew Morrissey, Paddy Codd, John Coghlan, Brian Fox, Robbie Kiely, Ciaran McDonald, George Hannigan, Philip Quirke, Donagh Leahy, Alan Moloney, Hugh Coghlan, Michael Quinlivan, Peter Acheson, Barry Grogan.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Team to play Carlow in Div. 4 of the NFL on Sunday has been selected -: Paul Fitzgerald, Andrew Morrissey, Paddy Codd, John Coghlan, Brian Fox, Robbie Kiely, Ciaran McDonald, George Hannigan, Philip Quirke, Shane Leahy, Alan Moloney, Hugh Coghlan, Michael Quinlivan, Peter Acheson, Barry Grogan.
    Really strong full forward line . All the young lads dropped , experience done them good though .

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

Philip Quirke still on the starting 15 with Mikey Quinlivan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

So if Lar has won the 10 million lotto is that the end of his inter county career?

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    So if Lar has won the 10 million lotto is that the end of his inter county career?

??

Do expand on that. Where did you hear that?

3 Silvermines men to appear in front of their home crowd Sunday with Cian Hogan, Christy Coughlan and Tom Treacy (Cappawhite) also starting

Team for Sunday. Tipperary (Waterford Crystal Cup V Limerick IT): Darren Gleeson; Christy Coughlan, Thomas Stapleton, Tom Treacy; Joey McLoughney, Ronan Sherlock, Orrie Quirke; Shane McGrath, Conor O'Brien; John O'Dwyer, James Woodlock, Jason Forde; John O'Neill, Cian Hogan, John O'Brien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lots of changes there for tipp, will be interesting to see how they get on.

Re lar: it was on Rte news. Not confirmed though.

Edit: he's just posted on twitter denying the story.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Lots of changes there for tipp, will be interesting to see how they get on.

Re lar: it was on Rte news. Not confirmed though.

Edit: he's just posted on twitter denying the story.

Recently confirmed it was a family syndicate who scooped the jackpot. Larry kept them guessing a bit. People basically putting two and two together and coming up with 1002

EDIT: Not having a dig at you Patsy but the origins of the rumours up in Thurles where they assumed Lar won the jackpot by virtue of the fact he bought a ticket in that shop the same night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Lar using it to promote the bar. He really has the media under his thumb.

• Advertisement

Lar can clear the County boards debts now ;)

??

Do expand on that. Where did you hear that?

3 Silvermines men to appear in front of their home crowd Sunday with Cian Hogan, Christy Coughlan and Tom Treacy (Cappawhite) also starting

Team for Sunday. Tipperary (Waterford Crystal Cup V Limerick IT): Darren Gleeson; Christy Coughlan, Thomas Stapleton, Tom Treacy; Joey McLoughney, Ronan Sherlock, Orrie Quirke; Shane McGrath, Conor O'Brien; John O'Dwyer, James Woodlock, Jason Forde; John O'Neill, Cian Hogan, John O'Brien.
    Looks like O shea has no interest in winning this tournament with that team he has picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Looks like O shea has no interest in winning this tournament with that team he has picked.

LIT were poor in the Fitz on Wednesday so I'd say we should still beat them, even with the team selected.

looder wrote: »

For such a knowledgeable hurling man im surprised your taking that view. TBH i dont think Lar had any real control over this speculation or any other speculation that came his way since 2010. Its just idle gossip gone out of control. Granted following Tommy around done him no favours last August.

Yeah i agree i think O'Shea will probably have a challenge lined up for the following Sunday if we do lose. If we do, we do tbh. Wont kill me if we dont win the Waterford Crystal cup or the league or even Munster...there is only one cup worth bringing home and thats our friend Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Thurlas CBS down a point half time in the harty cup semi final.....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Youngladathome

looder wrote: »

Poor Lar! Gone from hero to zero with the great Tipperary hurling public- must be the most unforgiving hurling supporters in the country! What exactly did he have to do with this Lotto story - nothing that I can see.
    It's just another example of the ridicule that is being heaped on Lar since the great farce of last August. I don't think any player in any other county would have been treated so badly by their own as Lar has been. Instead of circling the wagons and standing by our hurlers all we do is moan and heap vitriol on them - would this happen in KK, or Cork? I think not. There were fourteen other Tipp players in Croke Park that day, not to mention subs and selectors - yet Lar has had to carry the can for all of them.

What's wrong with appearing on the Late Late to promote your book, what's wrong with having a Twitter account - for Christ's sake this is the 21st century, social media is part of everyday life - why are these things ridiculed by GAA people? Are they not 'manly' enough?
    What will Lar have to do to satisfy Tipp hurling supporters - probably score another hat-trick of goals in an AI final.

Poor Lar! Gone from hero to zero with the great Tipperary hurling public- must be the most unforgiving hurling supporters in the country! What exactly did he have to do with this Lotto story - nothing that I can see.
    It's just another example of the ridicule that is being heaped on Lar since the great farce of last August. I don't think any player in any other county would have been treated so badly by their own as Lar has been. Instead of circling the wagons and standing by our hurlers all we do is moan and heap vitriol on them - would this happen in KK, or Cork? I think not. There were fourteen other Tipp players in Croke Park that day, not to mention subs and selectors - yet Lar has had to carry the can for all of them.

What's wrong with appearing on the Late Late to promote your book, what's wrong with having a Twitter account - for Christ's sake this is the 21st century, social media is part of everyday life - why are these things ridiculed by GAA people? Are they not 'manly' enough?
    What will Lar have to do to satisfy Tipp hurling supporters - probably score another hat-trick of goals in an AI final.

I do disagree with looder on his point about Lar seeking attention and it does genuinely kill me to disagree with him as he is a great sort and a pure knowledgeable hurling man.

The fact is the Tipperary hurling fans are almost like the Arsenal fans. When we go well, we cheer as if there is no tomorrow and hurling as we know it will end with Tipp reigning supreme but if we go bad then everyone is at fault. There will be no complaints until we lose the next game and everyone is out of their comfort zone. Expectations are perhaps always higher than our actual pedigree. But Tipp as a vast county with a huge population cannot go any longer just hoping for things to click. No stone must be left unturned from here on in. We cannot just accept that Tipp were just bad or excellent. From now on we must start looking at the grey in between

Well said tipp gunner...agree totally with ya

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Tipperary hurlers won over LIT. Tipperary 1-20 LIT 2-12. Mikey Heffernan with the goal. Christy Coughlan, Jason Forde and John O'Dwyer impressing according to Twitter.

The ladies football team beat Wexford. Tipperary 4-11 Wexford 0-11.

At the moment Tipperary senior footballers are beating Carlow. Tipp 0-15 Carlow 1-12.

• Advertisement

Tipperary hurlers won over LIT. Tipperary 1-20 LIT 2-12. Mikey Heffernan with the goal. Christy Coughlan, Jason Forde and John O'Dwyer impressing according to Twitter.

The ladies football team beat Wexford. Tipperary 4-11 Wexford 0-11.

At the moment Tipperary senior footballers are beating Carlow. Tipp 0-15 Carlow 1-12.
    Bad result for the footballers should have beaten Carlow, our ladies temple up a point in semi final of the harty .....

Advertisement