Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

OAOB wrote: »
    So if it wasn't Loughnane who said it would you have an issue with the point that was being made?
    We didn't disappear after 2010 as he made out,we contested the AI final the following year and the semi the year after and won two Munster finals,we were up against the the best hurling team of all time all them years,they just won a handy one this year.Him and Fitz and all them Clare players from the 90s and their fans are bitter against Tipp,don't be codding yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

tippspur wrote: »
    We didn't disappear after 2010 as he made out,we contested the AI final the following year and the semi the year after and won two Munster finals,we were up against the the best hurling team of all time all them years,they just won a handy one this year.Him and Fitz and all them Clare players from the 90s and their fans are bitter against Tipp,don't be codding yourself.

Well after 2010 I had much higher expectations for that team than 2munsters and a final appearance. The kk team post 2009 were not the same team as the mid 00s, they were not one of the best teams ever.

I think that 90s bitterness is true for both sets of fans and I'd say we all resent them a bit. Loughnane wasnt wrong in his assertion that that team didn't achieve its potential; you can argue all you want about that comment and who made it or we can look at ourselves and see what we can do to rediscover and maintain the high standards that were set back in 09/10. I'd rather look to improve ourselves than get hung up on bitterness over loughnane and clare

I'm not arguing the point that we didn't achieve our potential because we all know we didn't,I'm disagreeing with him saying Tipp 'disappeared' because we did not disappear.

OAOB wrote: »
    So if it wasn't Loughnane who said it would you have an issue with the point that was being made?
    tippspur wrote: »

I see both points of view here. In one way i would agree that yes Tipp have lost the edge and have become incredibly sloppy. Established players who should have been leading were stuck in party mode in addition to the abysmal management that followed the Sheedy reign in both 11 and 12. However, i dont think we have sunk rather its more a case that the water levels have risen every bit as much. Clare, Limerick, Cork and Dublin have all improved and to a lesser extent so have Waterford and Galway but that has been the result of years of underage investment. The cycles would suggest that they are coming good just as we are hitting our blip but make no mistake i think O'Shea will hit the perfect storm.

Our 2006/07 minors are currently stuck in a state of limbo. One or two of that side haven't worked out and I believe both will given the chop. They are just not cut out for the inter-county game and thankfully we have a second flow of real raw talent with the likes of Niall O'Meara and Colm O'Riordan who will come in and replace them.

As for Kilkenny, we will see the curtain being brought down, perhaps maybe a bit too abruptly on their most glorious era and the question will remain whether the new personnel can match their managers seemingly eternal burning desire to win every hurling game that the senior panel are involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

SFC Quarter Final results - JK Bracken's 0-8; Moyle Rovers 1-4; Aherlow Gaels 2-8; Galtee Rovers 0-6; Clonmel Commercials 1-20; Eire Og 1-6. Nenagh won the hurling replay.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

County SFC Semi Finals :

JK Brackens v Aherlow

Loughmore v Commericals

Both games on in Cashel on the 20th !

Munster Under 17 Football @ Dr. Morris Park - Tipperary 0-6: Clare 0-6 (full time).

A bad week for Kildangan just got worse , knocked out of the County Intermediate Football By Ballyporeen , 0-13 to 2-5 ! Ballyporeen play Rockwell in the semi , while Upperchurch play Borrisokane , both games on Saturday . I fancy Rockwell to win this , they have been dominant in West Tipp at this level over the last 5-6 years and this year they have won all their games by a big margin . However I would love to see Borris win and for North Tipp to have a proper Senior Football Team .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

A bad week for Kildangan just got worse , knocked out of the County Intermediate Football By Ballyporeen , 0-13 to 2-5 ! Ballyporeen play Rockwell in the semi , while Upperchurch play Borrisokane , both games on Saturday . I fancy Rockwell to win this , they have been dominant in West Tipp at this level over the last 5-6 years and this year they have won all their games by a big margin . However I would love to see Borris win and for North Tipp to have a proper Senior Football Team .

Where is the Borris v Upperchurch game on?

Where is the Borris v Upperchurch game on?

It`s on in Dolla @ 4 , hope to catch the second half myself .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Paddico

Munster Under 17 Football @ Dr. Morris Park - Tipperary 0-6: Clare 0-6 (full time).

With that result I’m guessing expectations might be low for next summers Minor Championship

Paddico wrote: »
    With that result I’m guessing expectations might be low for next summers Minor Championship

Jack Brady Ballina l, Ross Dennehy Commercials, Liam Ryan Commercials, Faolain Linnane Sarsfields, Stephen Kelly Commercials, Paul Maher Kilsheelan, Willie Connors Kildangan, Stephen Quirke (0-1 free) Moyle Rovers, Billy McCarthy Sarsfields, Ross Peters Commercials, Michael O’Connor (0-1) Cahir, Shane Lonergan (0-1) Moyle Rovers, Alan Tynan (0-2 frees) Inane Rovers, Anthony Leahy (0-1) Lattin Cullen, Michael Nugent

Brady , Maher , Connors and Tynan there from last year , probably a few others also . Decent side overall , I wouldn`t write them of at this stage .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Comordha

TG4 showing the club final on Sunday by the way lads.

Comordha wrote: »
    TG4 showing the club final on Sunday by the way lads.
    Live or delayed coverage?

Deferred , Monaghan SFC Final is live !

SHC Final - Loughmore 1-17; Nenagh 1-16. Hurling & Football double still on for Loughmore. Liam McGrath scored the vital goal and John Meagher and Noel McGrath were outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ompala

SHC Final - Loughmore 1-17; Nenagh 1-16. Hurling & Football double still on for Loughmore. Liam McGrath scored the vital goal and John Meagher and Noel McGrath were outstanding.

Noel McGrath hit some bad wides in the first half but thundered into the game at the start of the 2nd and hit some crucial points in around the first 10 minutes. John Meagher was a rock at centre back.
    Hard luck on Nenagh, Loughmore were just the better side

Ompala wrote: »
    Noel McGrath hit some bad wides in the first half but thundered into the game at the start of the 2nd and hit some crucial points in around the first 10 minutes. John Meagher was a rock at centre back.
    Hard luck on Nenagh, Loughmore were just the better side

Loughmore in a way exemplifies the spirit that the Tipperary team should have.
    While they have incredibly talented players i would argue that there are better clubs in the county....however i would think where heart and determination is concerned Loughmore are out on there own. There pick is relatively small compared to Sars, Nenagh or the other town clubs but yet here they are challenging on both the hurling and football front. Quite a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Do Loughmore have many dual-players I wonder? Seems if the pick is small, getting well over thirty/forty players for two teams would be difficult.

Nearly all of the Loughnore players are dual players. I would say that about 12 players who played yesterday will be on the starting 15 against Commercials. The 2 injured players, Eddie Connolly and Liam Treacy are also dual players. That has always been the way in Loughmore and is one of the reasons for their success over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Moyorris

Congratulations to Loughmore,who will now play Manchester City in the Club Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

:o for eire og, this song was launched in nenagh the night before the final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2qP5IF6R8s

Round 2 results :

Tipperary 3-15 Waterford 0-3

Clare 1-13 Limerick 1-3 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Cummins has retired as expected from Inter county hurling. Sad day for Tipp hurling. A rock for many years

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Red Crow wrote: »
    Cummins has retired as expected from Inter county hurling. Sad day for Tipp hurling. A rock for many years
    Expected but shame to see him go
    Achievements say a lot:
    73 championship appearances
    2 All-Ireland medals, 5 Munster medals and 3 National League medals. All-Ireland runner-up 3 times
    5 All stars
    8 South Intermediate titles for his club
    2 Railway Cups
    6 Poc Foda Titles
    3 Waterford Crystal titles
    1 Minor Munster title
    1 All Ireland u21 title and 1 Munster u21 title
    And then you also take into account him playing football with distinction and he won a McGrath Cup. Some Career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Expected but shame to see him go
    Achievements say a lot:
    73 championship appearances
    2 All-Ireland medals, 5 Munster medals and 3 National League medals. All-Ireland runner-up 3 times
    5 All stars
    8 South Intermediate titles for his club
    2 Railway Cups
    6 Poc Foda Titles
    3 Waterford Crystal titles
    1 Minor Munster title
    1 All Ireland u21 title and 1 Munster u21 title
    And then you also take into account him playing football with distinction and he won a McGrath Cup. Some Career

The man is a legend. Sad to see him retire.

Best of luck to him,a Tipp Legend without a doubt.

All the stats about Brendan Cummins must have been taken from the same source, maybe Wikipedia, because they all omit the fact that he also won an All Ireland "B" Football medal.

SFC Semi Finals -: Aherlow Gaels 0-12; JK Brackens 1-8. Loughmore 0-8; Commercials 0-7. Loughmore are really showing that the attitude of the likes of Westside or William Maher that you can't play Hurling and Football with any success for what it is - nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

SFC Semi Finals -: Aherlow Gaels 0-12; JK Brackens 1-8. Loughmore 0-8; Commercials 0-7. Loughmore are really showing that the attitude of the likes of Westside or William Maher that you can't play Hurling and Football with any success for what it is - nonsense.

who would be favourite for the final do you reckon?

Advertisement