Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

sterling10 wrote: »
    Yes, there is definitely still favoritism going on in selecting Tipp teams even the senior team/panel.
    Could you elaborate on that sterling10.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sterling10

Declan and Tommy Dunne, there as a bit of favoritism for Clonoulty and Toome lads. e.g David Young and John O'Keefe even John O'Neill. NOw you have James Barry from Upperchurch, loads of Kilruane lads in and the Managers nephew from a Junior B club.
    So yeah, I feel there is favoritism still going on in Tipp GAA. Underage its more blatant and you'd a have a list as long as you want with examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

just seen the new jersey on fb what do ye think of it lads not much of a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Throw up an 'aul link there buggy_beag!

buggy beag wrote: »
    just seen the new jersey on fb what do ye think of it lads not much of a difference

Still asymmetric in design but a considerable difference in design i feel.

Actually like it and i suppose to be fair they differentiated it a bit unlike Dublin and Kilkenny's recent efforts.

I liked that Dublin design from 10-12 but i think its an insult to supporters to expect them to fork out €60-70 for what is essentially an old design which has been tweaked ever ever ever so slightly. Feel Kilkenny are a bit guilty of this too in recent years.

Anyway hopefully the new look on our boys will give them a fresh impetus. Looking back at at the outgoing effort ill always associate it with failure and what could have been in terms of senior hurling but from the minor (hurling and football) plus intermediate point of view we've done really well

• Advertisement

Tipp-jersey-2014-1.jpg
    Tipp-jersey-2014-2.jpg

Throw up an 'aul link there buggy_beag!

sorry lad useless at that kinda thing haha thanks tipp gunner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

[QUOTE=Deleted User;87694141

Actually like it and i suppose to be fair they differentiated it a bit unlike Dublin and Kilkenny's recent efforts.

I liked that Dublin design from 10-12 but i think its an insult to supporters to expect them to fork out €60-70 for what is essentially an old design which has been tweaked ever ever ever so slightly. Feel Kilkenny are a bit guilty of this too in recent well[/QUOTE]

To be fair to the designers, there's only so much you can do with a kk jersey that must have black/amber stripes-a bit like the Newcastle United one. Same with our one. I really liked our one from 09-10. I suppose the fact we won helps too:D thank god we're not Kildare eh?

I have to concur with you on the price of the jerseys. I can see why Man United, Real Madrid tops are that price, because of the payments that Nike/Adidas have to fork out. They're also professional clubs who've to generate a profit.But given that we've an 'amateur' sport and I can't imagine o Neills or azurri have to make similar payments 60-70 is taking the p1ss I think.

Actually, just outa curiosity how does the gear manufacture thing work? Is it similar to the soccer where the dubs for example can command a higher fee than Leitrim? Or does it all go into a central fund?

digzy wrote: »
    To be fair to the designers, there's only so much you can do with a kk jersey that must have black/amber stripes-a bit like the Newcastle United one. Same with our one. I really liked our one from 09-10. I suppose the fact we won helps too:D thank god we're not Kildare eh?

I have to concur with you on the price of the jerseys. I can see why Man United, Real Madrid tops are that price, because of the payments that Nike/Adidas have to fork out. They're also professional clubs who've to generate a profit.But given that we've an 'amateur' sport and I can't imagine o Neills or azurri have to make similar payments 60-70 is taking the p1ss I think.

Actually, just outa curiosity how does the gear manufacture thing work? Is it similar to the soccer where the dubs for example can command a higher fee than Leitrim? Or does it all go into a central fund?

There was a proposal to put it into a pot due to the imbalance but as it stands all county boards negotiate their own deal.
    I can see it from a sponsors point of view that if you pay 1m for Dublin to carry your logo then you might be a bit pissed off if some of that money has to go back to the GAA but the sponsorship issue is creating imbalance and i think they need to address it albeit some other way.

I think you probably could make one or two tweaks to the Kilkenny jersey. If you can make noticeable changes to a hull city jersey for example then Kilkenny shouldnt be any different. Same with Kildare. If you can change Real Madrid year on year then Kildare shouldnt be a problem.

Tyrone player Conal McCullagh after moving down to Clonmel and transferring to both Commercials and Tipp

http://www.hoganstand.com/Tipperary/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=205358

Any good does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Tyrone player Conal McCullagh after moving down to Clonmel and transferring to both Commercials and Tipp

http://www.hoganstand.com/Tipperary/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=205358

Any good does anyone know?

He scored 5 points in the County quarter final v Eire Og . He played Junior for his Club in Tyrone , which would be a decent standard compared to Junior locally . He`s a welcome addition , Barry Grogan has gone of the boil and Michael Quinlivan didn`t have a great year , but he is young . Along with Philly Austin , Philip Quirke and Alan Maloney who were all injured last year , it is great to have someone who has proven himself at underage level , hopefully with the young lads coming through we can get promoted this year and push on .

Just saw this on Twitter from Tipp Supporters Club account:
    Tipperary will play Laois in a senior hurling challenge at 2pm, Sat Dec 7th, in The Ragg. All funds raised in aid of Inch National School

It'll be something to stave off the withdrawal symptoms for the Tipperary hurling boardsies!

I asked the same account about tippspur's post about the challenge match in Clonmel between Tipperary and Wexford and that's going ahead too. Clonmel Sportsfield at 2pm, Saturday 14th!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Today the the death is recorded of Liam O'Connor, an Offaly footballer who was on the team that kept Kerry from winning a five in a row . Ar Dheis Dei go raibh a anamal dhilis.

So without being too morbid about it............Tipperary players who were on the panel of 2010 who stopped Kilkenny from achieving a five in a row can expect this fact to be part of their obituary. So lads get to terms with your obituaries get to terms with your own deaths. And in the meantime live your lives to the full, many of you are capable to bringing so much more to the game we love so well.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

Anyone attend challenge in the ragg today? Heard a very experimental side lined out be good to hear how some faired!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Final score was 3-20 to 0-13 points. Jackie Cahill has info on his twitter feed. Link

Don't forget, our hurlers are playing in a challenge match tomorrow vs. Wexford in Clonmel's Sportsfield at 2pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Don't forget, our hurlers are playing in a challenge match tomorrow vs. Wexford in Clonmel's Sportsfield at 2pm!

How are they getting around the ban on not playing before January?

There's a ban?

Because our year finished so early I think :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

There's a ban?
    Teams go back training and playing friendlies based on when they exited the championship. Only all Ireland finalists are not allowed play before January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Anyone know what the Footballers have lined up now that they are not playing in the McGrath ?

just back from clonmel tipp 17 wexford 1 9 rough conditions especially in the first half but good to be back at the hurling again:D

buggy beag wrote: »
    just back from clonmel tipp 17 wexford 1 9 rough conditions especially in the first half but good to be back at the hurling again:D
    I thought it was a good effort from both sets of players considering the conditions,after all the fine weather recently it was a pity it turned crappy for the game,thought the bonner was in good form, he got stuck in,Tom Kenny and David Collins done well also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Tom Kenny = Conor Kenny I take it

Maybe I missed this, but I am sure that many people would wish to congratulate the winners on their achievement.

Munster Awards 2013.

Loughmore Castleiney have been named Munster Senior Club of the Year folowing their exploits in winning the hurling and football double in The Premier county.

Intermediate Hurling – Darragh Egan (Tipperary)

Media Award – Paddy Finucane (Tipperary)

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Congrats to Loughmore. It's an incredible achivement.

Also congrats to Darragh Egan. Wasn't he on the Tipp panel a few years back as goalkeeper/outfield player? I remember some discussion about him, that if he dropped some weight he could feature on the Tipperary team again.

Thank you for your Trojan work throughout the year. It's greatly appreciated by me.

Observation:

I think you should always keep your thread in the Tipperary Forum

Suggestion:

I would like to see a historical record here so that fans and supporters could peruse as many years as possible on the same thread.

If you think that this would be a good idea I am sure a Moderator would be able to facilitate you!

Go raibh maith agat aris.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Comordha

Any word on Woodlock, do ye think there is a starting palce for him next year? He's one player I would like to see more of.

Advertisement