Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture of Wexford Electonix Factory?

Options
  • 30-12-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Does anybody have a picture of Wexford Electronix factory on trinity street?

Which was apparently knocked down a few years ago?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Xlaxeo wrote: »
    Does anybody have a picture of Wexford Electronix factory on trinity street?

Which was apparently knocked down a few years ago?

Cant help on the pic, but can assure you it was knocked down around 8-10 years ago if that helps?

Deerpark developments from Kilkenny bought the site for a hotel and apartments and "marina"..............ahhhh the stupid days.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The floor is still there well parts of it and some rubble. I haven't seen any photos of the suite but people could have some in there private collection. The whole area needs to be cleared and turned into a park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Can't help you but if you have a facebook account you could ask at https://www.facebook.com/groups/148665525161891/

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Xlaxeo

Was it where Aldi on Trinity Street is now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

My brother in law used to work there, I'll see if he has anything laying around and if i can get it ill post it online here or send you a PM with it.

According to the most recent development plan from wexford council that area is still planned for a retail development. The old gps site is also open for a retail development, somthing which wexford planners still want and think they need. The retail leakage in wexford by shoppers to other counties and towns is 27%. That is too high to not do anything about.

The problem is the type of shop available on the main street, and the condition.

A small complex somthing like goreys shopping centre would suit wexford now. Nothing too big to take from the main street. The generic retail stores such as next, river island etc cant move to wexford unless they have the generic type store with space.

That is why wexford is "suffering" from that kind of retail investment.

The old dump is marked out for a new park in carcur along with a new entrance to wexford town once the hospital A&E is completed.

People coming into wexford passing the race course will be steered left at the hospital traffic lights, pass the new council buildings and the new entrance to wexford Hospital and come out to a roundabout by the rugby club and onward into wexford, diverting traffic away from hill street.

TK Maxx moving into the vacant staffords building, and some other retail going into corrys.

sorry for going off topic a bit, but all the best intentions!

The old gps site is
    GPS site? Enlighten me, it's escaping me at the moment.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

jd wrote: »
    GPS site? Enlighten me, it's escaping me at the moment.:o

GPS building/timber supplies on Redmond road out towards boat club on left side. Yellow place

Advertisement