Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your very own cook book

Options
  • 30-12-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just out of curiousity -- if you get the chance to write your own cook book, what would your theme be? Be it a certain cuisine style, perhaps a journal, or maybe even a dummies-guide-like on how to use knives, etc?

Mine would be a book on chicken wings since I live on them. It'll be something like '1001 recipes for Chicken Wings'. :D

Comments

Meals for under a fiver. Have gotten quite good at economic cooking recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I have one that is a work in progress over the past 7/8 years. There is no theme as such, just a collection of recipes from my travels & my family that I share with friends.

The working title is now "Prick with a Fork". ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

My sister has given me notebooks of recipes (dictated by her mother in law) for Christmas the last two years.

The woman is a proper Mammy/Nanny and amazing cook. Her recipes are tried and tested, culled when necessary and are the best of each that she has whittled down through experience.

I had thought of making a cookery book based on her recipes as a fourth year project with my niece.
    J. Oliver style with lots of pics of herself, the veggie garden, country kitchen cooking and that, we may do it yet just for fun.

Not sure our title could better "Prick with a Fork" like ;0

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I have one that is a work in progress over the past 7/8 years. There is no theme as such, just a collection of recipes from my travels & my family that I share with friends.

The working title is now "Prick with a Fork". ;)

The title alone would sell that book!
    Brilliant!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I have a big notebook that I've been writing all my own recipes into for years and I'll pass it on to my daughters. It includes almost everything I've cooked for the family.
    So if I wrote a cookery book it would be just that - a mixture of family meals and home baking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I think 'here's what I had for dinner' thread is my cookbook.
    I try to give detailed ingredient lists so they are almost recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The title alone would sell that book!
    Brilliant!

Mrs Billy thinks that it is very apt. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I'd love to work on a cook book. I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I'd also like to see a collection of cooking club recipes done into a charity cookbook. It would be a lot of work, but worth it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

1000 things to do with chicken and / or potatoes. And beans.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

MarkMc wrote: »
    I'd love to work on a cook book. I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I'd also like to see a collection of cooking club recipes done into a charity cookbook. It would be a lot of work, but worth it imo

We've discussed it, but I don't think any of us have the time to put something together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Faith wrote: »

We've discussed it, but I don't think any of us have the time to put something together.

It would be a lot of work, maybe some day

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Mine would be a book on chicken wings since I live on them. It'll be something like '1001 recipes for Chicken Wings'. :D
    Love wings myself, have about 4 or 5 recipes that cover all bases. Spicy, dry, sweet, sticky and garlic. Be interested to see some that make up the rest of the 1001, but surely after 10 or so you moving away from the favourite for every taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Mine would have to be something that combines everything from foraging to growning your own and vegetarian. Plenty of great stuff already on the market (albeit in different books), but I need to learn way more before I start to teach other!

Advertisement