Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

murpho999 wrote: »
    I just think that Pacheco has had his chance and is not going to make it at Liverpool.

When did he get his chance? Certainly not in a Liverpool shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What game were you watching, he had a good game and was missed when taken off.

I reckon he was watching the game where his crossing was at a downing level and where he got caught in possesion at a few occasions. Milner also had a great game against him.
    He only back so he should be cut some slack but he was back to his old self and not the improved version of before his injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I just think that Pacheco has had his chance and is not going to make it at Liverpool.

You are probably right but I still want to see him do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bellamy on Sky at the Etihad and all he can do is praise Liverpool, really showing he's a fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

hefferboi wrote: »
    When did he get his chance? Certainly not in a Liverpool shirt.

Ah come on, if you're not good enough you don't get in the team.

We're not the bloody 'Make A Wish Foundation'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Bellamy on Sky at the Etihad and all he can do is praise Liverpool, really showing he's a fan!

Wouldnt mind but he was a City player too and he's still strongly biased towards Liverpool haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Eh, Shelvey?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Not a knee jerk at all

It's only becoming completely obvious now as his mistakes become bigger, but it was pointed out here at least 18 months ago by Lucky Lloyd and a couple of others that he was not up to the same standard as before.

Problem is that top class keepers are very hard to come by.

Germany should be our first port of call, Ter Stegen would be my choice and i'd wager that we could even have change after selling Reina.

The smart thing to do is to flog Reina whilst his stock is not shot. The really smart thing to do would have been to sell him 18 months ago when he was at the top of the market and about to take the downward spiral in terms of form.

I wonder where Begovic is going, he must be on his way with Butland signing.
    Something must be on the cards for him in the summer, no chance Butland would be signing for Stoke if he wasn't assured of the number 1 spot in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

SlickRic wrote: »
    brilliant performance.

far better than the Arsenal game.

still don't have the steel to see it out, so nothing really new there.

Nothing to do with steel, Liverpool went behind, got back, went ahead and were held due to an individual error combined with a brilliant finish.

He has the tools, Was never allowed to use them
    Rodgers has allowed him to get his tool out

You are a some tulip! Keep up the good work. :pac:

• Advertisement

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Germany should be our first port of call, Ter Stegen would be my choice and i'd wager that we could even have change after selling Reina.

The smart thing to do is to flog Reina whilst his stock is not shot. The really smart thing to do would have been to sell him 18 months ago when he was at the top of the market and about to take the downward spiral in terms of form.

Something must be on the cards for him in the summer, no chance Butland would be signing for Stoke if he wasn't assured of the number 1 spot in the summer.

We'd be lucky if Barca want Reina at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I don't know Ter Stegen but I like the idea of signing him.

From the premier league I'd go for Mignolet, he is an excellent keeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

We'd be lucky if Barca want Reina at this rate.

His distribution is excellent, which is a huge plus for a team like Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Missed the game, from the stats it seems like we dominated the champs in their home ground and were a bit unlucky not to beat em.

His distribution is excellent, which is a huge plus for a team like Barca.

True, he could get away with those howlers at Barca as they score so much too. I feel bad for him as much as i'm pissed off with him, it has just all gone tits up and a stage where he should really be in his prime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

True, he could get away with those howlers at Barca as they score so much too. I feel bad for him as much as i'm pissed off with him, it has just all gone tits up and a stage where he should really be in his prime.

His howlers just seem to cost us goals. Hart rushed out on Sturridge but got away with it, Arsenal keeper did the same on wednesday but Henderson shot over.

Bellamy:
    "He [Sturridge] is playing in front of probably the best fans in the world. If he plays like that, he'll be adored."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I do as well. He's struggling and the right time to sell but he'll always be a bit of a legend I think. One of the few players who stuck with us when he could have bailed as well. If he came back to Anfield I'm sure/hope he get a great reception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

How was Lucas today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

G.K. wrote: »
    How was Lucas today?

Good. Some very good interception. Still not up to his own high standards but another step in the right direction.

I saw someone mention that he wasn't up to it because he got burned by Aguero. :rolleyes:
    Great shame being beaten by one of the top 5 strikers in the world who's very fast.
    Bowlardo wrote: »
    he is a jackass.

What a terrible shame that you're a Liverpool fan. We could do without your sort tbh.

The Reina error is being massively overblown. As someone pointed out, several other keepers did it during the weekend. It's all down to a piece of magic by Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Gutted with the result. That's 2 errors that cost us 6pts against city. I though Sturridge was awesome and fully deserved his MOM. Stevie shows he can still pull those long range strikes out of his locker (6 goals & 9 assists for the season) :).
    Reina had a brain fart. I think priority for the summer is a top quality CB & competition / replace Reina.
    9 errors this season by Reina have led to goals :(

How was Lucas today?

Good.

Much better than v Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

How was Lucas today?

Lucas aka Boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

How was Lucas today?

Not up to it, for large parts.

I thought Gerrard was a little bit off against Arsenal but he was magnificent today.

6 goals and 9 assists according to Sky. He's having a great season after a rocky start and the odd bit of mediocrity here and there.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hats off to Carragher once again it must be said. He's such a leader on the pitch.

Gbear wrote: »
    Good. Some very good interception. Still not up to his own high standards but another step in the right direction.

I saw someone mention that he wasn't up to it because he got burned by Aguero. :rolleyes:
    Great shame being beaten by one of the top 5 strikers in the world who's very fast.

What a terrible shame that you're a Liverpool fan. We could do without your sort tbh.

The Reina error is being massively overblown. As someone pointed out, several other keepers did it during the weekend. It's all down to a piece of magic by Aguero.

Upon further reflection jackass is pretty tame and I apologise.

Ah come on, if you're not good enough you don't get in the team.

I really want him to be good.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Forgot about Carra ^, very good game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I think we could do with a " defense coach", nothing against Mike Marsh the team are playing well and look good in attack.
    But we could do with the defenders and keepers cutting down on silly mistakes. Im not singling any of them out cause its happening too often

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

wonder how many more points we would have if we signed sturridge in the summer window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Next January we could see bids of 30 million for Sturridge if this form continues

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I think we could do with a " defense coach", nothing against Mike Marsh the team are playing well and look good in attack.
    But we could do with the defenders and keepers cutting down on silly mistakes. Im not singling any of them out cause its happening too often
    Is paco aystren, who was coaching under benitez available?

Daniel+Sturridge+Manchester+City+v+Liverpool+32quV7EL6BGl.jpg

Sturridge needs to fix his shin pads. Nothing worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Defoe out for a few weeks ....hopefully they might drop a few points.

West brom h
    Swansea. h
    Zenit x 2

6 points and Europa win would be a great February. WB & Swansea not the easiest to play against but I feel we are showing some good form and despite 2 draws this week when maybe we should have got more I'm starting to feel good about this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Next January we could see bids of 30 million for Sturridge if this form continues

Only if Liverpool sell him in the summer and want him back.

G'wan Orange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Jayob10 wrote: »

I agree about Germany for our next keeper.
    I assume there would be a few others on the market for Ter Stegen. It's rumoured that United will be in for Begovic in the summer. He was doing some punditry work for ESPN today for the Leverkusen vs Dortmund game. Maybe he will go into that full time :D

I just hope our scouts are scouring Germany for our next keeper :)

Let's get hamann on the case ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Can't really coach the likes of todays error out of a player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭passremarkable

very pleased with the performance today, not happy with the result at all though, city were there for the taking.
    Sturridge was top class i thought, really delighted we snapped him up.he ran the channels brilliantly, thought downing should have been taken off, he loads of good one-on-one oppurtunities but didnt real skin them...reina i thought was terrible for agueros goal.
    gerrards goal was class,vintage stuff, but he actually was very good in general play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Lucas needs games, at least a half dozen on the trot to get match fitness back to where it should be. Then probably another 6 to get back to the levels of where he was when he gets injured. Any other synopsis means you play too many computer games lads.

Lucas will get that, another player like Coates will not be afforded that length of time. Them's the breaks in football. Lucky for Lucas, unlucky for the other.

Reina to me doenst have his heart totally at the club anymore. Love the guy but its time to freshen it up there between the sticks. Shame, as in my opinion, if he went out with one arm he is still better than Jones and our best keeper by a distance. Perhaps lack of competition over the seasons has seen him relax too much.

Henderson is some boyo, could have got a major strop on after almost being forced out for 2m and now in most views starts ahead of Allen, or should do. Funny how football works, for me Downing is still a way better option than Borini of a right side wide front 3. Sterling will come back a refreshed player after the current rest, a rest he could have got much earlier.

Johnson is essential on the right for us, its no use to anyone when he shifts to the left, competence at left back is no excuse for losing his ability on the right. In short, we need another left back as Robinson is not ready to cover Enrique.

Would have taken 2 points from these last two games but its no consolation to what feels like losses. We did this a fair few times last year also.

Nice to see Sturridge shove an oversized slice of Humble pie down a few throats around here :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Incredible performance today silly from reina but to be fair aguero had no right to score from there. Gerrard and Henderson totally dominated the midfield.
    Carra at the back was a rock and is first choice cb for me .
    Sturridge excellent thought Enrique struggled but was given little help as we had effectively had nobody on the left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Gerrard has equalled his top number of assists in a PL season. 9 assists.

daithijjj wrote: »

Nice to see Sturridge shove an oversized slice of Humble pie down a few throats around here :pac:

One that most people said they would be happy to eat...he will still irritate as much as produce displays such as today, and it could still all go a bit Joe Allen for him.

Loved his reaction as he was coming off today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Henderson is some boyo, could have got a major strop on after almost being forced out for 2m and now in most views starts ahead of Allen, or should do.

Don't think anyone would argue now with you about that advanced position (And if there are those who'd rather Allen as the advanced man, they are dead wrong imo).

There's more of a question if Lucas or Gerrard are absent, I would probably prefer Allen in both those cases. But in an advanced role, it has to be Henderson or Coutinho.
    Funny how football works, for me Downing is still a way better option than Borini of a right side wide front 3.

Agreed, although Borini's not a right sided player at all imo and should not often be finding himself out there. Centre, or left. Only play him on the right if you want a defensive performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Don't think anyone would argue now with you about that advanced position (And if there are those who'd rather Allen as the advanced man, they are dead wrong imo).

There's more of a question if Lucas or Gerrard are absent, I would probably prefer Allen in both those cases. But in an advanced role, it has to be Henderson or Coutinho.

Agreed, although Borini's not a right sided player at all imo and should not often be finding himself out there. Centre, or left. Only play him on the right if you want a defensive performance.

Allen wasnt capable for that advanced role and never will be. Im sure there was more than me who thought this before he was picked to play advanced against United and was shocking bad. I just hope some of the good things happening right now are by design and not resting or anything else. We will see. On the flipside, i have confidence in Allen to be able to adapt as he gets older, he seems the cerebral type.

Re Borini. Brendan is the man who put 12/3m faith in the player. And he is the one picking him there at times. He is a central striker who needs plenty of runners from midfield and nothing else imo. He has several virtues but personally, i dont think he will make it at LFC. Time will tell if that's an incorrect summation on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Re Borini. Brendan is the man who put 12/3m faith in the player. And he is the one picking him there at times. He is a central striker who needs plenty of runners from midfield and nothing else imo. He has several virtues but personally, i dont think he will make it at LFC. Time will tell if that's an incorrect summation on him.

I think its very early to be writing Borini off yet. Hopefully he will be brought on to replace Sturridge late on for a few games. Would like to see him get a chance in the centre.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement