Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Downing at Villa - Amazing .
    Downing at Liverpool..... well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Leiva wrote: »
    So we give Chelsea £12million and they buy Demba Ba and pay Torres wage for a year out of the change, and we get Sturridge.

.................................cool.

Supposedly the release clause in his contract is only for CL clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

djPSB wrote: »
    Supposedly the release clause in his contract is only for CL clubs.

That's us and Chelsea out so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

One player I think we could get on the cheap would be Granero.

Could be available at a cut price. Harry doesn't seem to like him.

Might be a better option than Sahin in the summer.

Kinda reminds me of the Mascherano situation at West Ham.

I know he's been poor for QPR so far but I think we'd see the best of him in a better team.

He looked very average at best when at Real and totally out of his depth in England. Jose saw him for the journeyman player he is pretty quickly.

Would not have him over any of our current midfielders.

Doubt he would be cheap either given that QPR paid £9m for him 4 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kess73 wrote: »
    He looked very average at best when at Real and totally out of his depth in England. Jose saw him for the journeyman player he is pretty quickly.

Would not have him over any of our current midfielders.

Doubt he would be cheap either given that QPR paid £9m for him 4 months ago.

I think it was more like 4m.

• Advertisement

Seen him play a couple of times, haven't seen anything particularly special.

Would have to agree. Average player who has the odd good game. In Belgium he was regarded as a poor man's Lukaku despite being Lukaku's elder by a few years, and it is a description I would have to agree with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Demba Ba deal is apparently

Transfer 9 million (it'll cost more than the release clause) + signing fee (2 million I read) plus 83K wages it would be a 5 year deal and he is 28 in May if anyone thinks that makes sense I presume they still lament the exit of Damien Comolli.

11,000,000 plus 21,580,000 in wages over the deal term at which point he is 32 going on 33 and finished assuming his knees are not. Sure he he'll be looking to move on anyway.

Gbear wrote: »
    I think it was more like 4m.

Was it? For some reason I thought Real bought him for around that and then doubled their money on him. I must be mixing up his transfer fee with someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Granero loses the ball an awful lot, we have enough players that do that. Physical presence in midfield, someone who will go past a player and take a shot is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Modibo Diakite name doing the rounds again at the moment in connection with us.

Edit - Daily Fail also saying Barcelona rejected a loan move from us for Villa.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mike65 wrote: »

Transfer 9 million (it'll cost more than the release clause) + signing fee (2 million I read) plus 83K wages it would be a 5 year deal and he is 28 in May if anyone thinks that makes sense I presume they still lament the exit of Damien Comolli.

11,000,000 plus 21,580,000 in wages over the deal term at which point he is 32 going on 33 and finished assuming his knees are not. Sure he he'll be looking to move on anyway.

Which would ensure you wouldn't be paying anywhere near 21.5 million on wages.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

dont rate benteke highly at all, still think bent is getting a raw deal, could come back to haunt them, who are struggling big time.
    I dont mind sturridge to be honest, willing to give him time...he has a lot of good attributes.

It seems Madrid had a buy back option in pace for £4m.

And it looks like Kess is correct in saying £9m to QPR.

If they get relegated I'd say he'd be available for less than £5m.

At that price, he wouldn't be a bad addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

mike65 wrote: »

Which only matters if you're interested in resale value and being able to recoup some of your investment at some stage. Which Chelsea patently are not interested in.

£9m + 83k/wk is peanuts to them considering he's a proven PL goalscorer. He'll be a success there, believe me. Possibly the closest player to Drogba playing in the PL at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

dont rate benteke highly at all, still think bent is getting a raw deal, could come back to haunt them, who are struggling big time.
    I dont mind sturridge to be honest, willing to give him time...he has a lot of good attributes.

What attributes to you see in Sturridge ?
    I havent seen much of Sturridge to rate him

What attributes to you see in Sturridge ?
    I havent seen much of Sturridge to rate him

Quick, good movement, good finisher, intelligent, good vision.

Bit lazy and the work rate wouldn't be the best. Greedy enough on the ball too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Pretty good attributes for a striker, its a wonder he didnt get more of a chance at Chelsea or City

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭luis suarez

Happy new year people.2013 our year :D

Happy new year people.2013 our year :D

That's Racist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It's a year since the Suarez/Evra report was released.

I wished for no more drama at the club last year, but I can't really say I got my wish in 2012.

so this years wish is the same.

It's about time this club was purely about football and football only, as again in 2012 there was many other negative aspects that took away from us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sell him he's an embarrassment to the club.

Fecking Twitter trying to upset me on the last day of the year with chatter about Turan to Arsenal.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm not so sure on the intelligent part. Also, his movement is decent, but pales when you compare it to say Torres.

I would say his vision isn't the best either, although that ties in with his greediness.

His workrate I actually thought was a better part of his game.

Fecking Twitter trying to upset me on the last day of the year with chatter about Turan to Arsenal.:mad:

Cazorla & Turan :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I should stop reading this thread, its just a constant source of frustration.

Cazorla & Turan :(

Feck Carzorla as he can blow hot and cold. Turan is a few levels above him as a player and is very consistent. Comes with a similar workrate to Suarez as well as probably being in the same skill bracket.

It is a no brainer to try for Turan if we have money to spend as he would one of the easiest players to sell the idea of coming to Liverpool to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Frank Lampard?

Rumours that there has been movement on the Ince deal as well, and that there seems to be an agreement, or close to it, on the fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Frank Lampard?

It'll never work with him and Gerrard in the same midfield. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Rumours that there has been movement on the Ince deal as well, and that there seems to be an agreement, or close to it, on the fee

Anything more than 4m, inc the clause, will see me pissed.

Ince is not worth more imo.

Knex. wrote: »
    Anything more than 4m, inc the clause, will see me pissed.

Ince is not worth more imo.

Circa £6m seems to be the fee, with us then only paying 65% of that due to the clause. Talk of one or two young players going there on loan also.

If rumour is to be believed, Blackpool have not received any bids bigger than that, despite them doing all they can to bring our interest in the player into the public domain, and even if they accept a £6m bid from another club then they still only pocket 65% of that.

Why am I only seeing his now???

turanliverpool.jpg

I hope Sahin has been chipping away at him, and himself and Turan are soon playing in the same strip.

Ohh balls I just broke my own golden rule. 100 lines for me:(

"I must not subscribe to transfer muppetry".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

turanliverpool.jpg

I hope Sahin has been chipping away at him, and himself and Turan are soon playing in the same strip.

Thats a bad Lieva!

Ahhhhh the Xfer gossip is back, im so happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

https://twitter.com/MelwoodLFC

I've just had a text about David Villa. A conversation about a loan move did take place but Liverpool were put off by the £4m price.

I would love for this to happen !

turanliverpool.jpg

I hope Sahin has been chipping away at him, and himself and Turan are soon paying in the same strip.

Sahin chipping away at Turan? If you look at some of Sahin's interviews it would appear that Turan raving about us was a factor in Sahin coming here.

Turan has been talking about Liverpool being his dream move for four or five years now, and his most recent comment on the subject only came a month ago.

He really seems a no brainer target and has done so for the past number of years. Buying Downing for £20m in the same summer that Turan moved for roughly £10m is still galling.

In Turan you get a player that is very close to being in the same class as say Mata. Terrific skill, fantastic workrate and as good in the CAM role as he is in the LM/LW role.

The idea of having Suarez and Turan as part of the same front three or the same attacking set up would be mouthwatering. Throw in a good finisher between them and it would be a front line up there with the best in Europe imho.

He is defo one of the top class players that we would stand a really good chance of getting without the carrot of CL footy.

Transfer muppetry is acceptable now that the transfer window is just over six hours away :D

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/MelwoodLFC

I've just had a text about David Villa. A conversation about a loan move did take place but Liverpool were put off by the £4m price.

I would love for this to happen !

There is no chance in hell that a loan deal for Villa would cost only £4m.

The Sahin loan deal cost £5m (£3m in wages and £2m loan fee) and Sahin is on far lower wages at Real than Villa is atBarca.

The loan fee on it's own for Villa would probably be in the £4m range, but his wages, even just for Jan to May, would be adding a few more million there.

Thought there was something on one of the tv stations earlier today about talk of Villa having instructed his agent to knock back all loan offers save for certain CL teams as Villa would prefer to stay atBarca over going on loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

---Lucas--Sahin
    Turan
    Villa----Ba---Suarez

it is then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Ba has been offered a new deal by Newcastle, not sure of the figures involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

There is no chance in hell that a loan deal for Villa would cost only £4m.
    The Sahin loan deal cost £5m (£3m in wages and £2m loan fee) and Sahin is on far lower wages at Real than Villa is atBarca.
    The loan fee on it's own for Villa would probably be in the £4m range, but his wages, even just for Jan to May, would be adding a few more million there.
    Thought there was something on one of the tv stations earlier today about talk of Villa having instructed his agent to knock back all loan offers save for certain CL teams as Villa would prefer to stay atBarca over going on loan.

I would love us to try and get villa it would do the likes of Borini the world of good to learn from a master of his art . That twitter account also claims the last minute debacle on deadline day was Llorenteany truth in that ? That would have been a great signing .

Sahin chipping away at Turan? If you look at some of Sahin's interviews it would appear that Turan raving about us was a factor in Sahin coming here.

I was thinking he meant Sahin chipping at Rodgers. I'm pretty sure Turan has Liverpool bedspreads and hand towels in his house at this stage.

He should be signed on hunger alone, not to mention the chap is a great player!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

What incentives does he have to leave Atleti for Anfield coming into the peak of his career? (Apart from his mad love for pool)

Grayditch wrote: »
    I was thinking he meant Sahin chipping at Rodgers. I'm pretty sure Turan has Liverpool bedspreads and hand towels in his house at this stage.

He should be signed on hunger alone, not to mention the chap is a great player!

Fecker probaby walks around Madrid wearing this horrible little number.

o-LFC-570.jpg?4

and turns up to training in this

I%20LOVE%20fpli0018_2.jpg

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Didnt think coming up to the new year, id have seen more of Turan in a Liverpool jersey than Sahin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I will fully welcome the transfer muppetry given a lot of the nonsense that had been spouted in here for the last 2 weeks.

I have a sneaky feeling there will be a surprise signing in January....

Happy new year lads.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    What incentives does he have to leave Atleti for Anfield coming into the peak of his career? (Apart from his mad love for pool)

I think his constant talk about wanting the move suggests that the more obvious (and probably more logical) incentives don't come into play as much with him.

Liverpool could certainly match or better his current wage, so it could be as simple as the guy getting to play for the club he has been pimping himself to for three or four years whilst getting paid more than he is now.

Most players with his level of talent and ability I would expect to favour a decent CL club over Liverpool, and nobody could really blame them on that score tbh, but with Turan one gets the feeling that he might buck that trend if Liverpool went after him.

One thing that is for sure is that he would not be available for as cheap a price as he was in the summer of 2011.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

People should mention who their source(s) are for any transfer talk for the next month. Thought I'd just throw that out there.

Also, Turan will be joining me in Dortmund next season finger.gif

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    People should mention who their source(s) for any transfer talk for the next month.

"A little birdie told me"

twitter-bird-light-bgs.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Anyone know if we can send Sahin back in Jan?
    Don't think he's impressed when he's played.
    Would prefer if we could save that cash.

gafferino wrote: »
    I will fully welcome the transfer muppetry given a lot of the nonsense that had been spouted in here for the last 2 weeks.

I have a sneaky feeling there will be a surprise signing in January....

Happy new year lads.

Think there will be as well. Either a decent quality signing or a serious push at one.

Sturridge I expect to hear as being confirmed very quickly into the window and an Ince announcement not being too far behind.

A CM or a CAM would be my guess for the third transfer or attempted transfer.

Looking at the list of players in the final six months of their contracts, Moussa Sissoko seems an obvious pick for the CM slot with the likes of Honda and Holtby being CAM type players.

A window of Sturridge, Ince, and one of Sissoko/Holtby/Honda?

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    People should mention who their source(s) for any transfer talk for the next month. Thought I'd just throw that out there.

Also, Turan will be joining me in Dortmund next season finger.gif

Source please :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement