Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saxophone lessons

• 30-12-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Looking for saxophone lessons in ennis area

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I guess you could contact the Ennis Brass Band to see if they could give you some help http://www.ennisbrassband.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Clare Music Makers
    Nationwide House
    Bank Place
    Ennis

http://www.claremusicmakers.com/#!fees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Thanks guys.
    I am learning from Youtube lessons for now but think I need personal tuition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

do you mind me asking how much a saxophone costs? thinking of learning it myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

do you mind me asking how much a saxophone costs? thinking of learning it myself :D
    Clare Music Makers have their fees posted on their website (BTW, I've no involvement in CMM other than some of my cousins attend for lessons).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've no idea how much a Sax costs but Amazon seems to have them at starting at ~€200 each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

Clareman wrote: »
    I've no idea how much a Sax costs but Amazon seems to have them at starting at ~€200 each

I'd imagine if you bought a cheap one it may not play very well which may lead to frustration. Best ask someone who plays for advice before purchasing ;)

I would have thought it'd be best to get a loan of 1 when you start and then if you like it get a similar 1, how many houses in Ireland have accordions/fiddles/organs in the attic cause of someone's intention to take them up

Bought mine from a guy who bought it for 800 euro years ago but gave up trying to play it almost immediately. I decided to get a good one as I am determined to play for a long time . He did sell it to me for 350.
    You can pay from 150 to 3,000 for a saxophone.
    I would recommend you get someone who knows saophones to give advice before buying.
    You can google advice on buying a beginners sax.

Best of luck:)

Hoping someone can help me learn the Tenor saxophone.
    Not necessarily looking for weekly lessons, maybe some advice and instruction from time to time.
    I am in Tulla area but could travel to Ennis or Killaloe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement