Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leader Vs Enterprise boards

Options
  • 30-12-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone I have two questions. Firstly what's the difference between the two? Neither seems to acknowlege the other on the web, but do they do the same thing??

Secondly, could anyone give a brief description of the process from intital contact with either one?

Thanks

SK :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭busymom31

Sky King wrote: »
    Hi everyone I have two questions. Firstly what's the difference between the two? Neither seems to acknowlege the other on the web, but do they do the same thing??

Secondly, could anyone give a brief description of the process from intital contact with either one?

Thanks

Can only answer fully from a LEADER side

The programme is aimed at rural development so certain towns are excluded.

LEADER is a Grant aided programme so it doesnt offer any of the voucher type costs of enterprise boards. Eligible costs should be listed on the local groups website.

Mainstream business is excluded (eg.mainstream Retail)

For private businesses there is a strong focus on innovation. Being a rural development programme there is a funding measure aimed at farm diversification but this isnt the full focus of the LEADER programme.

75% funding for eligible sustainable businesses.

Funding approval will be granted in 2013 and drawdown can follow. The next programme should commence in 2014/2015.

Nearly all LAG (local aera groups) can be contacted by telephone to discuss a query for funding and are normally well connected on where to find any funding for the business u propose.

Timelines are not quick. Full business plan is required for an application. Due to this most groups will filter eligible projects early in the process.

Feel free to send me a pm for more info on LEADER.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭busymom31

Sky King wrote: »

Thanks

Forgot to say the two programmes are funded through different government departments and have very different targets.

But on a local level they work quite closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

That's a really helpful reply, thank you so much for taking the time to write it.

I might drop you a PM if I think of anything else.

Advertisement