Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painful Fractured Wrist.

Options
  • 30-12-2012 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this.
    I fractured my scaphoid bone and also have a hairline fracture on (i think) my radius, I got a cast on for two weeks and it didn't really hurt, it was more uncomfortable than anything. I had to go back on the 20th for a check up and got a new cast but my wrist and the part of the arm that has the hairline fracture has been constantly sore, when I wake up in the morning my fingers are also sore and extremely stiff. I have never broken anything before so I am not sure if this is the normal healing process or if something is wrong and I should go back to the clinic.
    I am going back on the 10th for another check up, should I just wait and stop worrying or try and get an appointment for during the week?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Go back and get it checked out. I had a badly broken wrist in various casts for a couple of months and didn't have any issues like you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Thank you, I will ring in the morning and see if I can go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Op we can't give medical advice here. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement