Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass blocks

• 30-12-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy glass blocks around dublin? B&Q used to stock them but no longer list then on their site.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

mloc123 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy glass blocks around dublin? B&Q used to stock them but no longer list then on their site.

Myra glass company, just off Kevin Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

b&q used to do them but stopped just becaues there not on the site dosent mean they dont have some in the different b&qs it might be worth a quick visit or call to your local shop

also if they have stopped carrying them any stock remaining they will have there price slashed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Roadstone do them. They also do a good external mortar for Glass blocks.
    B&Q did a good range, reasonably priced, its a pity if they don't carry them any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

RKQ wrote: »
    Roadstone do them. They also do a good external mortar for Glass blocks.
    B&Q did a good range, reasonably priced, its a pity if they don't carry them any more.

Pity alright, had a look in the Liffey Valley store today... none. I'll try Roadstone once shops are back to normal at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

Myra glass company, just off Kevin Street.

Myra Glass have moved to Ballymount Trading Estate, Ballymount Road, Dublin 12, found that out just before Christmas when I drove from Dublin 12 to their old address and then had to drive all the way back again! They do indeed do glass blocks http://www.myraglass.ie/Glass-Blocks.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

Did know anyone uses them anymore. I know any house I have been in with them. The house has been freezing.

I think buckleys sell them

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

OutHaus in Santry have some glass blocks.

Www.outhaus.ie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Tubs & Tiles and/or BTW in Sandyford.
    They're next door to each other, can't remember specifically which one i saw them in,
    Actually, pretty sure it was BTW.
    Have a ring around and check em out before setting off. Doubt they'd be the cheapest place either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Ended up getting some from glassblockco in Lucan. Now to build em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Ended up getting some from glassblockco in Lucan. Now to build em.

Did you get the stainlesd steel rods that you need to connect them together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

In case anybody is looking for some more glass blocks. I just stumbled on this:

http://www.macswarehouse.ie/index.php?productID=970

Advertisement