Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boost mobile signal in house

Options
  • 30-12-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I wish to boost the mobile signal in my house as it is terrible (Mast only located about 2.5km away). I can make calls no problem if I stand at a window as I can get about 4 bars EDGE signal. If I'm located in the center of the house, I can get just 1 bar EDGE. I have mobile broadband from o2 and the dongle is located in the attic (as the signal received in the attic is 100% EDGE/3G) and wired into a 3G router on the wall.

However, I wish to have a 3G signal (from the mast - not from the 3G router being on, as when it is turned off at the end of the night, I lose the 3G signal)

I was looking at signal repeaters but they seem to be very expensive and was wondering if there is anyway I can repeat the signal I can get in the attic into the house?

Thanks

(ps. My mobile phone provider is O2)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Talk to O2 see if they offer a device like 3 do. 3G repeaters are illegal, only O2 have the right to use that frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeresaL

Do you know if the plug in Wi-fi boosters in Aldi would help the phone signal in my house? I find it impossible to have a decent mobile phone call in my home. The phone mast is less than 1km away.

Advertisement