Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction and subsequent banning from the Soccer forum

Options
  • 30-12-2012 7:34pm
    Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

I recieved an infraction from moderator Frisbee yesterday for this post in the Soccer forum.
    They should be banned. RVP should have got booked today and should be banned for the next game for his five yellows. Disgraceful decision by another weak referee vs Man United.

Regardless of Sharp, Cohen or Cahill examples they should be banned outright. If you want to honour someone there are far better ways indeed a goal can be still be dedicated through spoken word.

The infraction I recieved has led to a two week banning.

The infraction was for trolling. I was not trolling. I held an opinion that agreed with the OP and disagreed with the majority of the posters in the thread.

Frisbee, following consultation told me that DRP was the way to go and that the infraction was for
    "Because you tried to wind up United fans by throwing in the dig at referees giving them decisions when there was no need to."

I was not winding up United fans. All week there has been controversy in the football world over weak refereeing against Man United.

Witness Ferguson's vitriolic abuse of the match officials vs Newcastle which led to no further action and widespread condemnation from noted figures within the game such as Arsene Wenger and Alan Pardew. Further to this point Samir Nasri of Manchester City was sent off vs Norwich yesterday while Robin Van Persie of Manchester United was merely booked for his more violent reaction last week vs Swansea.

Ultimately Robin Van Persie of Manchester United should have been booked for his celebration yesterday. It was the third example this week of weak refereeing vs Manchester United.

Yet this has been considered trolling. Frankly I'm incredulous. I hope that upon review of this matter the infraction will be overturned and ban rescinded.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be advised that I will review this DRP in the next couple of days. Please be patient, as we are volunteers with outside commitments, as well as the NY holidays.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Is there any chance that this can be seen soon? There isn't much point in appealing a ban only to be told when its over that we were wrong but you've served the ban so tough shít. I understand its christmas and new years but that's been over with a couple of days..

Thanks for the time invested in this appeal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The main issue here is whether the 3rd yellow card warning received by Ares in Soccer was justified. If so, then the 2-week ban which followed was consistent with the charter for receiving 3 yellow cards in Soccer.

The Ares post had been officially reported by a member of the Soccer community on or about 29 December 2012. Furthermore, the Ares post had been quoted 4 times in succeeding posts. After reviewing the Ares post, the 4 reactions it got, the thread in which it occurred, the official report, the PMs exchanged between the mod and Ares, it appeared that there may have been sufficient grounds for issuing the yellow card warning for trolling.

Were there any grounds for exercising a bit of leniency towards Ares based upon his past posting behaviour in Soccer and boards? Ares joined boards 20 April 2012, and since that time he has been issued 4 yellow cards, 2 red cards, 2 two-week Soccer bans (including this one), and 1-siteban for 1-week (by 4 different mods and one Admin). Most of these actions occurred in Soccer. There appears to be a troublesome pattern here by someone relatively new to boards, which needs to be changed or additional actions may occur in the future. Consequently, I do not find compelling grounds to reverse the 3rd yellow card, therefore the 2 week ban stands.

The Sports Cmod review has been completed. Ares has two choices at this point: (1) He may learn from this event, request that this DRP be closed, and move on; or (2) he may request an Admin review.

Please advise.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Yeah I'd like an admin review please.

Ares wrote: »
    Yeah I'd like an admin review please.

REQUEST TO ADMIN:
    Would Admin please review this DRP per Ares request?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

The 4 yellow cards, 2 red cards, 2 two-week Soccer bans (including this one), and 1-siteban for 1-week (by 4 different mods and one Admin) are a clear indicator that as a (fairly) new member to boards you need to pay more attention to your posting style.

I see no compelling reasons to lift this ban.
    Ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement