Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player problems AdBlock Plus using Chrome

Options
  • 30-12-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,

up until about 2 weeks ago, I was happily using AdBlock Plus in Chrome on the RTE player website. Now, programmes will not play unless I disable ABP. Ads are still being blocked on YT etc.

Anybody else experiencing this or have any workarounds?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

i'd try adding rte.ie to the whitelist in adblock options.
    settings>extensions
    then adblock>options>whitelisted domains

and add rte.ie to the list, same as disabling but saves a mouseclick every time...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

I want to block the ads, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I just use opera , or firefox browser,for rte iplayer .then use chrome for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭satguy

If you pay your TV Licence you should not have to watch ads on that horrible low resorption player they have the cheek to call a TV Player.

This closed D4 club is just a jobs to the family club, a closed shop that only looks after their cronies, and it should be made to live in the real world.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Please don't bump old threads. Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement