Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Follow up to issues at work

• 30-12-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi folks in my recent post about problems I was having at work, well I took your advice and saw a solicitor for legal advice.

It went well but the courts do not look kindly on someone making themselves unemployed in the current climate so I was advised to go back once my sick leave finishes because it shows that I have made every effort to sort out the issues I am having.

Basically the theory behind it is if (and no doubt they will) my bosses continue to make my life a misery it strengthens my case against them.

Already has started to happen and just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this and how you would feel!

I am off sick since Nov 28th with a work related injury and a few days prior to this I had had a meeting which covered many issues and was promised the minutes of this.

When off I requested this by email I was told by my director that he was shutting down all communication until such time I returned to work. Not happy but left it at that.

Come Xmas eve I get a letter in the post and the same via email for double the effect reprimanding me for three things!

Two of which were completely untrue and one I was unaware I wasnt allowed to do and is in my opinion minor and had I known obviously would not have done.

I felt upset, that it was unfair and that it was total harassment especially as I was to get this comms come hell or high water on Xmas eve of all days.

Also all other members of staff were given a bonus for their hard work during the year despite the fact out of 7 of us only two of us are there a year the rest since late summer and I had worked like a trojan for 7 months when we were short staffed.

Am I being over sensitive or petty or would you feel the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i think the company are playing hardball.
    You should take the same approach, everything in writing.
    Im sure you have this but get a diary and keep details of every contact with work. I see the posint in keeping your job and how it would look. It may be the case now that work wants rid of you anyway and they may be following their own exit plan for you.
    does your employer know you've gone down the legal route? If so then they will have been told to run all contact with you through the legal dept.
    I dont think you are being to sensitive but you are locked in a battle of wits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

I too see the point about keeping your job, and it is good advice IMO. Not only do the courts want to see an employee wanting to work, they also frown upon employers who prevent these workers from doing their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭TheminxIRL

Thanks for the replies, work havent officially been told I have gone legal but I dropped in a letter from me, but written on my behalf by my solicitor, that requires a response and the way its worded is very official and obviously not how I would write it.

The solicitor wants to see the response.

I will go back if only to build my case but I feel like a sitting duck thats only setting myself up for hardship.

Im looking at being off for 6-8 weeks anyways because im due to have surgery on my injury Friday so have time to psyche myself up.

I just feel hurt and bullied at the mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

TheminxIRL wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, work havent officially been told I have gone legal but I dropped in a letter from me, but written on my behalf by my solicitor, that requires a response and the way its worded is very official and obviously not how I would write it.

The solicitor wants to see the response.

I will go back if only to build my case but I feel like a sitting duck thats only setting myself up for hardship.

Im looking at being off for 6-8 weeks anyways because im due to have surgery on my injury Friday so have time to psyche myself up.

I just feel hurt and bullied at the mo

Glad you have sought professional advice on this. Take your time off to get better and don't dwell too much on it - your solicitor will be able to advise you the best course of action from this point forward.
    are you getting sick pay?
    If not don't forget to apply for illness benefit

Take care and mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭TheminxIRL

Thanks Gozunda, no I dont get sick pay and my illness benefit came through by cheque today.

Im not going to stress, I havent done anything wrong so let them do theit worst :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

TheminxIRL wrote: »
    Thanks Gozunda, no I dont get sick pay and my illness benefit came through by cheque today.

Im not going to stress, I havent done anything wrong so let them do theit worst :)

Good to hear. Make sure you keep all documentation, emails, letters, contracts etc - you may need these.

Also make sure to keep all receipts, medical expenses as well.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Advertisement