Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

led floodlights

Options
  • 30-12-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

any advice on what the correct floodlight for yard about 20m by 30m?
    not sure what wattage or colour or anything really.want to get it right this time if possible.any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What activity takes place in the yard? Important to determine the colour temperature and lux levels required.

Lookup the ssl lighting code and it'll probably have a code for lux levels based on the particular avtivity. How long will the light be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭oats 2

nothing that requires major light.just walking from one shed to other. loading an unloading trailer.things like tat.would like to be able to leave it on for few hours witout worrying too much about te cost.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Hi Oats 2

Did you get sorted with lights?

I was looking at these LED lights for my yard from Light rabbit and thinking that a couple of 10 watt 900 lumens lights would give good coverage over my yard, has anyone got any experience of these types of lights and the brightness levels

thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Bligh wrote: »
    has anyone got any experience of these types of lights and the brightness levels

I haven't experience with these.
    However I would think that lights such as this with a 50% reduction still costing in excess of €300 :eek: are unlikely result in any cost savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

they look very similar to the LED lights that Kellihers and Edmundsons sell over the counter, they are ok, check your local wholesalers first though, I think you'll get better value, particularly on the 30 and 40Watt units.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Just beware that light rabbit are Jersey based even though they have a .ie web address.

You would be hit for customs and an post charges on import of anything from them me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Access wrote: »
    Just beware that light rabbit are Jersey based even though they have a .ie web address.

You would be hit for customs and an post charges on import of anything from them me thinks.

Although Jersey is not a member state of the EU, it is treated as if part of the EU in terms of customs and trade I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Thanks Access that's interesting, to be honest I wrongly assumed I was buying in Ireland seeing that it was an a .ie address

I am going to follow your advice Stoner and have a look in my local supplier before I buy any lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Bligh wrote: »
    Thanks Access that's interesting, to be honest I wrongly assumed I was buying in Ireland seeing that it was an a .ie address

I would have thought that myself. It requires a verification process to get the .ie domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Bruthal wrote: »

Although Jersey is not a member state of the EU, it is treated as if part of the EU in terms of customs and trade I think.
    Nope, goods under 15 euro used to get through but the loophole was closed. That's way play.com let a couple of hundred people go in jersey last week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement