Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you recommend to use to setup a turn-key eCommerce site?

Options
  • 30-12-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Edit: I dont want to hire a design company to create this for me, rather what companies provide the software and hosting, and then you configure the templates and data yourself

What companies would you recommend that can provide a eCommerce solution for a start-up business to use for there eCommerce site? I'd prefer not to have to do a lot of development on the solution, though I can handle configuration and setting up all the data. (I've 10 years working in IT, so I can do any work necessary, but would prefer something proven, since there is enough work to keep me buried else where in the project without needing to do to much to the eCommerce interface).

We'd be listing less that 500 products initially so dont need anything super powerful as we spin up.

Easy integration with payment processing providers like Realex etc is important.

The only provider I've discovered so far that seems to offer something is the Belfast based exporttechnologies.com.

Can any of you kindly recommend some providers you have positive experiences with?

Many Thanks,
    -W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Most web development companies should be able to handle this sort of process with magento --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Friends on mine used a company in Dungarvan for their eCommerce site.
    They used magento and have over 4000 items listed and are very happy with it and are selling all over the english speaking world.

PM me for the company name and the name of the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Or launch it here trad, a nice plugin with some seo benefits to both site and this forum !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

We have two full eCommerce sites using www.bluepark.co.uk and are very happy with them. The backend has super reporting, CRM and stock status management etc. they are on a monthly fee basis and no upfront costs. You get to do trials/design for a month free with a huge variety of templates that are easily customised. All the regular features are included.

Cheers

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

PM sent to the apprentice.

I'll have to get the ok from my friends to let the keyboard warriors loose on their site. I have no connection with the designers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

We have two full eCommerce sites using www.bluepark.co.uk and are very happy with them. The backend has super reporting, CRM and stock status management etc. they are on a monthly fee basis and no upfront costs. You get to do trials/design for a month free with a huge variety of templates that are easily customised. All the regular features are included.

Cheers

Peter

www.bluepark.co.uk look very interesting

Just 2 questions

1- Guest account checkout without registration?
    2 - Ability to pay in £ for UK customers (example - Amazon Checkout)

Many Thanks

Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

shopify is the easiest in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Jarren wrote: »
    www.bluepark.co.uk look very interesting

Just 2 questions

1- Guest account checkout without registration?
    2 - Ability to pay in £ for UK customers (example - Amazon Checkout)

Many Thanks

Jarren

I think it is an option but you need the same info to invoice/ ship anyway.
    No, we have two sites, one Stg and the other Euro, they have different designs and some different products. You can do the currency thing on one but the customer will be billed in the base currency of the site set- up.

Cheers

Peter

Advertisement