If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony bdp s790 vs panasonic dmp 320

Options
  • 30-12-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

After (begrudgingly) giving my last order to Pman, I'm hoping to put my next purchase through yourselves!

I need a Blu ray player for the living room. Hooking it up to the Denon 1911 (with 3D pass through) and Philips 8605 I got off you guys a couple of years ago!!

Whats the best price for these with delivery to Dublin and which would you recommend as best player for 2d and 3d??

Also, how much for a soundbar to go with my LG 42" LED???:o

Thanks guys,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Little bump - or have I been black listed?? :)

What is the Euro price inc del for each?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

After (begrudgingly) giving my last order to Pman, I'm hoping to put my next purchase through yourselves!

I need a Blu ray player for the living room. Hooking it up to the Denon 1911 (with 3D pass through) and Philips 8605 I got off you guys a couple of years ago!!

Whats the best price for these with delivery to Dublin and which would you recommend as best player for 2d and 3d??

Also, how much for a soundbar to go with my LG 42" LED???:o

Thanks guys,

Hi Ryanno,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you. The Christmas rush is just starting to slow down.

Both very good players :) The price for the Sony delivered would be £232.94 and the Panasonic would be £162.94.

Both players are multi-region for DVD playback.

There is a few differences between the Sony and Pana. The Sony will upscale to 4K (not a massive worry atm) where the Pana will upscale to 1080p. The Sony has full web browser, the Pana just has web apps (facebook, youtube etc) The Sony will also play SACDs if you own any :)

Personally if it was me I'd save a few quid and go for the Panasonic. Picture quality on both is excellent, I just wouldn't use alot of features on the Sony. This could be different for you though :)

Hope this has cleared things up a little.

Chris

Yes, I think you're right Kenny. The Pana ticks all the boxes! My parents are looking for a one box 5.1 blu ray, nothing special required except upscale for their DVD collection.

Can you give me a euro price for the lot including the Pana delivered to Dublin. (You guys have my address on file)

Thanks in advance

P.S. Any open box offers on any of these??? ;)
    Hi Ryanno,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you. The Christmas rush is just starting to slow down.

Both very good players :) The price for the Sony delivered would be £232.94 and the Panasonic would be £162.94.

Both players are multi-region for DVD playback.

There is a few differences between the Sony and Pana. The Sony will upscale to 4K (not a massive worry atm) where the Pana will upscale to 1080p. The Sony has full web browser, the Pana just has web apps (facebook, youtube etc) The Sony will also play SACDs if you own any :)

Personally if it was me I'd save a few quid and go for the Panasonic. Picture quality on both is excellent, I just wouldn't use alot of features on the Sony. This could be different for you though :)

Hope this has cleared things up a little.

Chris

Ryanno wrote: »
    Yes, I think you're right Kenny. The Pana ticks all the boxes! My parents are looking for a one box 5.1 blu ray, nothing special required except upscale for their DVD collection.

Can you give me a euro price for the lot including the Pana delivered to Dublin. (You guys have my address on file)

Thanks in advance

P.S. Any open box offers on any of these???
    Little bump on this.......:o

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ryanno,

Apologies again for the delay - I don't have any Open Box options on the BDPS790 or the Pana T320 at the moment

I can do the Pana T320 in MR mode at €169.99 and the Sony BDPS790 at €269.99 and there is a free DVD offer on it at the moment as well - shipping on either would be €15.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps790-mr/sony-bdps790-mr

Both available from stock and ready to ship..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Ryanno,

Apologies again for the delay - I don't have any Open Box options on the BDPS790 or the Pana T320 at the moment

I can do the Pana T320 in MR mode at €169.99 and the Sony BDPS790 at €269.99 and there is a free DVD offer on it at the moment as well - shipping on either would be €15.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps790-mr/sony-bdps790-mr

Both available from stock and ready to ship..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, My condolences on your loss!! 

Thanks for the price mate, was looking for a price on a 1 box bluray system for the parents - nothing special - just cheap and cheerful!! Can you give a Euro price on the lot (with the Pana) with delivery :)

Thanks again....

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ryanno,

a fast response to make up for the many slow ones!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/panasonic/scbtt290/pana-scbtt290

The Pana is probably the best option for your folks - pretty simple, but decent quality and not too expensive at £249.95 / €309.99 - so if you were interested in this and they were all going to the same address I could do the lot:

Pana T320
    Pana T290
    Delivery
    €495.97

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.