Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polytunnel

• 30-12-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I am planning on putting up a polytunnel. Would a 16 foot by 28 foot be any good. It would be for home use only. Currently have a small green house.
    ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

People would say that you never have enough space :) But personally I think that is a good size for home use. I have 10 x 20 foot and it's fine for me (family of 4), but as mentioned would like more space to try some fruit trees/grape vines. If you have the space and cash 20 x 40 would be ideal to be to try all sorts of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hillviewfarm

I am just putting up a 15 x 26,home made. Do I need the hot spot tape and where would I buy the plastic at a reasonable price.

Thanks

I'd recommend the tape alright. Where are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Walter lemon

any tips on building one form a complete numpty at DIY. I garden a lot and grow a lot of my own veg in mobile greenhouses etc but would love to make some poly tunnels.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hillviewfarm

Hiya,

I am in East Cork.

• Advertisement

Here you go Walter ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056374212

I followed the instructions of a chap named Alan Parkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Walter lemon

brilliant, much appreciated

Advertisement