Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

cleared off our line

Blood pressure thru the fecking roof!

Dempsey ya beaut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What a goal by Dempsey

Brillant player, you'll never hear me say otherwise

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

demps with an identical 30yrd deflected rocket past the reading keeper.............

• Advertisement

70+% possession and 25 shots on goal, but we where rocking there for a few mins...

Jayzus, Ade must hate playing alongside Defoe?

How many chances it that he has had now?

parker denied his 1st spurs goal on 89min... i was almost right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Superb from Lennon, fair play to him.

FT & we back up to 3rd again :-) great 3 points

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Like I said all along, AVB is the man .......

I really am gonna have to hoover this up.7 wins in 9 and fearing nobody. Hard to argue!

Our goal difference is going in the right direction but with 30 attempts and 20 on target we should'nt be only +12

quick look at the stats in the United and city games, both of whom won comfortably and they didnt have near as many attempts on target yet they are so much more clinical.

We are a top class striker away for challenging for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Your not far wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Another win,brilliant stuff.Agree that we still need a new striker though.

Probably getting ahead of myself there (sorry Ted).

All chelsea and ARSEnal have to do is win their games in hand and we are down in 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

All we can do is keep winning and take advantage when they drop points.

We need to do a professional job against QPR on the 14th and then its United at WHL the following weekend.

All we can do is keep winning and take advantage when they drop points.

Arsenal down, next Chelsea.....

And only a point for arsenal so fourth secure for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

Saab Ed wrote: »
    And only a point for arsenal so fourth secure for now.
    if only it was that easy,lets aim for 3rd,consistency has been the key,a decent striker in and we would do some serious damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

looking at highlights on bbc,Reading free kick was no free kick as Spurs defender-Naughton clearly got the ball.great 3 pts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Our goal difference is going in the right direction but with 30 attempts and 20 on target we should'nt be only +12

quick look at the stats in the United and city games, both of whom won comfortably and they didnt have near as many attempts on target yet they are so much more clinical.

I think we need a player to unlock defenses who sit back against us, particularly at WHL. Most of our shots today came from outside the box, which explains why we peppered their goal without scoring more. A VDV type #10 who can release a forward with a cute pass is lacking in the team more than a striker IMO. Still, we are rolling along excellently with BAE and Kaboul to come back yet and help us at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Just saw MOTD highlights this morning, looked a nervy enough win but still great to get 3 points and for Ade to get a goal.

January looks handy enough in the league, Norwich, QPR and Man U. Norwich have had a bit of a rough patch and might bounce back to give us a game.

That is all. :D

I dunno, QPR need to starting getting results NOW or they are done for and HR will have them well prepared and fired up for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I dunno, QPR need to starting getting results NOW or they are done for and HR will have them well prepared and fired up for this one!

Fair enough but the other January match will be a piece of piss surely!:D

Fair enough but the other January match will be a piece of piss surely!:D

I wouldn't worry, Alex Ferguson figured long ago that you don't win the title by beating the top 5, you do it by consistently beating every team below that, then losing to any of the top 5 makes no difference

And there's chelsea getting stuffed by QPR. 3rd tonight lads.

Well done harry.

Chelsea are so hit and miss, we'll never have a better chance of finishing 3rd or 4th. This is it. Now or never lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Well done harry.

Chelsea are so hit and miss, we'll never have a better chance of finishing 3rd or 4th. This is it. Now or never lads.

Again, last season was our best chance. Just a poor RvP side to overcome but we know what happened there. 3rd should be the aim, but in reality 4th would be a massive achievement for us, everything considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Picture-27.jpg

Advertisement