Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rice salad help!!

Options
  • 30-12-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi, I've a little dilemma with a curry rice salad I'm bringing to a party tomorrow I used an avoca recipe that used 125ml of lemon juice in it problem is it only tastes really strong of lemon juice!
    For ref the ingredients were 450g rice 75g sultanas, petit pois, sweet corn, red yellow and green pepper and half tsp of turmeric and half tsp curry powder I'm not sure if I went really wrong or what , has anyone any ideas on how to save this as its a lot of food I don't want to throw out and have to go buy all again , that would blow the budget!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Perhaps add more rice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Chronic Button

I like the taste of lemon juice. Does it taste bad?

Perhaps call it lemon rice as you present it to the host?

Did you use concentrated lemon from a bottle? That would cause problems.

I'd probably add more ingredients, maybe a couple of pomegranates, some salt and pepper, a little olive oil and a big handful of chopped fresh herbs. That might round out the flavour a little.

Call it Jewelled Lemon Rice. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I'd say the party is well and truly over at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Lol yep the party is well over thankfully I had made it the day before so I added extra turmeric, curry powder and salt and pepper and into the fridge overnight , must be where the magic cooking elves live because next morning it was fab! Flavour had really mellowed out and went down great at party :)

Advertisement