Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operating in reverse: NOT looking for a TV

Options
  • 30-12-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭

Since we don't actually watch TV at home, we just watch DVD's through it, the suggestion has been made by the wife that we replace the analogue TV (which we don't have a saorview box/satellite/cable for) with a PC monitor which will accept the DVD signal (HDMI seems fairly common).

Result: no licence fee to pay. (A simpler solution of course would be never to have paid it in the first place, but since she did, they know she's liable....)

The question is, does anyone have any recommendations for a monitor which sits well in a living room and is viewable at distances? My experience to date is all related to gaming monitors, and I've no idea whether IPS or VA panels make a difference here.

While I'm sure a 27" Dell Ultrasharp would be fine, I don't want to end up spending that sort of money. ~$300 would be the limit (2 years RTE "pox tax")
    Tagged:

Advertisement