Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Club 2013 Schedule

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Faith wrote: »
    But your recipes are different! It doesn't matter if they've been done before, as long as you have a different approach. People would like to try more than one recipe for something, I'm sure!

(Unless it's a better version of one of my recipes - then I'll just delete it and blame a system glitch ;))

Era it's nice to have something different all the same, and mine were pretty similar to the others...*quick check* none of which were yours! Phew! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Date suits me. Hopefully we'll be having a heat wave when my turn comes round!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

My date suits, thanks Faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

My date is fine with me, 11 months to pick a recipe should be plenty of time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Apologies for the last minute notification but would anybody be available to swap my date with me? It's this Friday the 22nd. If not I'll get it done but I'm a little tight on time this week. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I can if you'd like and if the mods are OK with it. I'm not on until October, if that swap suited you. I've photos and a recipe, so could do this coming Friday if needed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's no problem with us, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Apologies in not getting back quickly in my reply. I was working crazy hours all week and it slipped my mind. I hope it suits The Black Oil for today.

You might want to PM him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That's fine, I'll edit the pics and post up a recipe...if the mods can change me from week 40 in the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Don't worry I haven't forgotten, experiencing some broadband issues so it'll be later this evening before I can post my recipe!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

If someone pulls out of a week. I can submit a recipe. Probably don't have the 100 posts yet, but may have them as the year goes on.

Have to work out the photo aspect though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Mine shall be up either this evening or by tomorrow evening latest (depends on if it gets cooked for dinner today or tomorrow). So keep your eyes peeled :D

Hi guys,

I'm scheduled to post a recipe on 26/04. I have a lot on this month and was hoping to swap with someone later on in the year if possible.

However, if no-one is able to swap with me I should be able to post something, but it might be a bit rushed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

pts wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm scheduled to post a recipe on 26/04. I have a lot on this month and was hoping to swap with someone later on in the year if possible.

However, if no-one is able to swap with me I should be able to post something, but it might be a bit rushed :)

I'm more than happy to swap with you, pts, if that's alright with the mods. I'm scheduled 20/9.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I'm more than happy to swap with you, pts, if that's alright with the mods. I'm scheduled 20/9.

No problem here :-)

That would be brilliant, thank you Mrs Fox! :)

FYI: photo-sniper confirmed on Thursday that s/he would be posting a recipe, so I assume something has come up to delay it happening. I'm sure the post will appear as soon as they're able to post it :).

Just to let you know you can gimmie a shout if you are struggling, I'd be happy to help out with more recipes :)

Swap confirmed and schedule updated :)

• Advertisement

FYI: photo-sniper confirmed on Thursday that s/he would be posting a recipe, so I assume something has come up to delay it happening. I'm sure the post will appear as soon as they're able to post it :).

Well, it's nearly the end of the week and there's no recipe. If anyone would like to put one up instead, please do. Otherwise, I'll select something from the Random Recipe thread tomorrow and create a thread for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well, it's nearly the end of the week and there's no recipe. If anyone would like to put one up instead, please do. Otherwise, I'll select something from the Random Recipe thread tomorrow and create a thread for it.

That's a pity, although I always think its a bit unfair on the person who's turn it is next, and also the stand in. I think there should be a cut off point for submitting a recipe.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That's a pity, although I always think its a bit unfair on the person who's turn it is next, and also the stand in. I think there should be a cut off point for submitting a recipe.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'unfair'? How so?

I agree that there should be a cut-off, but when? photo-sniped PM'ed me last Thursday, assuring me that they were definitely going to be posting a recipe. Now they haven't been online since Saturday so I'm guessing something else came up. To be honest, I barely have time to even see the recipes at the moment, never mind chase posters :). It's a bit of an impossible situation because we have to allow for Real Life getting in the way, but also try to keep the posters expecting a recipe happy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ideally, the recipe for whatever week you are allocated should be submitted a week prior, at least that gives a bit of time to find a replacement in the event of a no-show.

I need help with the basic organising of the cooking club this year, as myself and my comods are all super busy with real life stuff. Some recipes (like this week's one) have fallen between the cracks because I haven't had time to PM the poster in advance. Does anyone fancy undertaking the role of PM'ing upcoming posters in advance of their week? PM me if you think you'd have some time to devote!

Update: BaZmO* will be helping us out on this :).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Arse, I knew it! I just booked a holiday the week I'm on Cooking Club. I'll try to submit early...somehow. I think I know what I want to do anyway. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Malari wrote: »
    Arse, I knew it! I just booked a holiday the week I'm on Cooking Club. I'll try to submit early...somehow. I think I know what I want to do anyway. :)

If you do have it ready early just post it, PM one of us and we'll make it invisible until the day it's due.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Thanks Dizzyblonde. I will have it ready, but it's not there just yet ;)

Folks, there's been several no-posts this year already, and I'd like to acknowledge that and apologise on behalf of the mods of the forum. We've worked very hard to try and ensure that everyone posts, but there's nothing we can do when someone either ignores the PMs, or promises they're going to post and then simply fails to.

Next year, if we run the Cooking Club, we're going to have to be much stricter with sign-ups. It seems that those who are most likely not to post are those with no history of posting in the Food & Drink forums, so I think we'll need to review the criteria.

We've been assured (twice) that last week's recipe is coming, but if it's not up by tomorrow morning, I'll stick up a recipe of my own as a stand-in.

Apologies again. It's extremely frustrating for us when no recipe appears, and I know posters are also let down when it happens.

• Advertisement

You work hard to ensure that people post when they are supposed to, but you are only human and these people need to be held responsible for their own actions. :)

Advertisement