Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots?

Options
  • 30-12-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Im a new IRC volunteer and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendation on a good pair of work boots?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Massively personal preference. Nothing majorly wrong with a cheap set form the coop a while, or "Magnum Boots" tend to have a cult following.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

4 years with IRC myself. When I started off I got a basic pair of work boots for €35, groundforce I believe they were. Most good shoe shops will have a selection of basic work boots that meet the safety requirements for 30 - 60 euro or so. Shop around and find a comfortable pair.

The pair I had were OK, although I found the steel toe caps very heavy.

Recently got a pair of Magnum Stealth Force boots and they are awesome. The composite toe makes them very light and it feels like your wearing a pair of runners rather than boots.

The price can be steep though, I paid €125 for mine. It depends what your budget is and how much you're willing to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Im a new IRC volunteer and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendation on a good pair of work boots?
    when on some of the very long duties as long as they are most importantly comfortable any of them will do realy you dont want to spend a long duty in bad boots mine where 50euro and they great but as has been said magnums have a following if you wana spend the cash

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

Ordered a pair of viper boots online after borrowing a frieds 1 day and havent looked back. Cost me E70 when normally could be upto E150 retail. Dry, warm, comfortable and safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

hi
    where u get the viper boots
    Topper7 wrote: »
    Ordered a pair of viper boots online after borrowing a frieds 1 day and havent looked back. Cost me E70 when normally could be upto E150 retail. Dry, warm, comfortable and safe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

GY A1 wrote: »
    hi
    where u get the viper boots

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Goliath boots are good.

Advertisement