Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood watch in knocknacarra

Options
  • 30-12-2012 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Would anybody be interested in a neighbourhood in knocknacarra

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

You need to talk to your local community Gardai, they will help and advise you on how to set one up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭feargalmcc1

Would it be a good idea to start a vigilante group around the knocknacara area as the sathill station could be only be open a couple of hours a day and the crime is getting worse houses are being broken into more often and places have been burnt out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What's a vigilate group?

Like a vigilante group? We'll need a very big weighing scales to ensure our justice is fairly executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

IBTL

OP - I'm not a grammar nazi, but the last time a group of people who couldn't spell, formed a group like this, it didn't end too well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/901723.stm

A hospital paediatrician has hit out at vandals who forced her to flee her home after apparently taking her job title to mean she was a paedophile.
    South African-born Yvette Cloete - a 30-year-old trainee consultant at the Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, south Wales - said she planned to move home after returning to find the outside of her property daubed with the words "paedo".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Would it be a good idea to start a vigilate group around the knocknacara area as the sathill station could be only be open a couple of hours a day and the crime is getting worse houses are being broken into more often and places have been burnt out.

Set up a community alert group, like the one in Lackagh & Turloughmore that caught burglars breaking into a house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

antoobrien wrote: »
    Set up a community alert group, like the one in Lackagh & Turloughmore that caught burglars breaking into a house.
    Screw that i wanna know what a 'vigilate' group is? Is it to do with invigilators? They always seem to like a bit of order alright.

I want to take to the law into my own hands because I know a lot more about where the people that do things and where they live and have a patrol at nightime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

I thought this was about a late vigil, doing rosaries into the small hours.

zef wrote: »
    I thought this was about a late vigil, doing rosaries into the small hours.

No

I want to take to the law into my own hands because I know a lot more about where the people that do things and where they live and have a patrol at nightime

Grand, can I just beat the tar out of you because you do things at night?

• Advertisement

I think you're selling yourself short. Why be a lowly unpaid viligante, when you could get good money as a mercenary?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

..... crime is getting worse houses are being broken into more often and places have been burnt out.

Houses burned out in Knocknacarra? Where?

Grand, can I just beat the tar out of you because you do things at night?

I never said there was beating involved but I will mainly be targeting drug dealers and robbers.

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Houses burned out in Knocknacarra? Where?

Not houses but like over at dunnes somebody burnt out the cabins and ive a fair idea of who it was.

I never said there was beating involved but I will mainly be targeting drug dealers and robbers.

Report then the the Gardai, get all your neighbours that aren't busy getting high to do so as well.

The gardai will know where to go if attacks start going up.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I think you're selling yourself short. Why be a lowly unpaid viligante, when you could get good money as a mercenary?

To protect my community

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

OP, are you 6?

To protect my community

It's my community too, and I'd rather there weren't groups of people going around doling out vigilante justice.

Report then the the Gardai, get all your neighbours that aren't busy getting high to do so as well.

The gardai will know where to go if attacks start going up.

Its been happening since the summer 2012 students come from differentcountries and get robbed beaten and the guards aren't really doing anything about it so I want to

OP, are you 6?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Now, I agree with neighbourhood watches but vigilantism is a different kettle.
    OP, you were given some advise, check with the AGS how to set up a community group, or join one.

I'm going to do you a favour a close this before it get out of hand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement