Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall 2012 north kerry

Options
  • 30-12-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could get rainfall figures for 2012 for north Kerry, as tbh it's been a washout since mid June without any letup.

Without doubt the wettest we have ever had.

Met Eritrean do Valencia and Shannon, is that as good as it gets?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Can't think of anyone here based in north Kerry who has a weather station but the Met have a station in Ardfert, I don't think the data's publicly available but wouldn't hurt to contact them about it

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Met Eireanns Monthly values for Valentia_Observatory up to 30-dec-2012

http://www.met.ie/climate/monthly-data.asp?Num=2275
    Total rainfall in millimetres for Valentia_Observatory
    1487mm 2012 so far

I find this hard to believe myself "2012 was around 18 per cent drier than the previous year in Kerry."

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/2012-around-18-per-cent-drier-than-previous-year/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Im from over the feale and I'm an outdoors person so I do take notice of the weather. The last month has been wet but prior to that we had maybe 3 months of quite dry. I'd go along with drier than normal, not by much though.

I would comment on the fact that we are wetter than both Valencia and Shannon here due to the terrain. Being on the first high ground from the west does make the 2 nearest stations bad choices with regards to making comparisons.

Advertisement