Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer and Scanner Advice, please.

Options
  • 31-12-2012 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I am currently looking to buy a new printer to replace my cheap HP Photosmart 2575.

I ideally would love an A3 printer and scanner in one but I don't think a decent one exists at a reasonable price.

I am in art college and have a small business going at the moment that requires the use of card stock ranging of weights of 250gsm - 280gsm .

My biggest problem with the HP was card stock getting jammed(lots of card stock and ink wasted, and patience)

Also thinking about brands and whether I should go for Epson instead as the paper feeding is meant to be good I hear. It is a pity as I always liked the HP , when it did it's job.

I am also considering a printer and scanner separately?

Please help me. I am thoroughly confused.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I've always used Canon devices with my Mac and have never been disappointed. Currys are doing a decent A3 printer for 199 at the moment though it doesn't have a scanner or Wifi but it's print quality is reported to be pretty good. My experience of Canon on Mac (i965 and MG6250) have been positive.

On the other hand HP devices have caused various problems including their software screwing up and causing problems.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

Thank you for your response.

Canon is what I think I will go for and I seen that A3 printer and really liked the look of it. I think i'll just have to decide which is more important an A3 printer or A3 scanner as my budget will only stretch so far. :/

I really liked my HP but when I needed it for more complex use it let me down BIG TIME. Definitely a hit and miss with thicker card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Personally I would always go for separate units and always work out the cost per printed page.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

Guys, i'm not sure whether or not this is correct thread, but i'm looking for a USB A/B (for printer or scanner) cable. Where to get one for a reasonable price in city centre?

Advertisement