Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013 Queries

Options
  • 31-12-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi All,

I am on my first year IEC visa in Canada. My visa expires on March 31st 2013. I have heard that the opening of the new visas for next year might not happen until early Feb (can't remember where I read that but rumor has it!). So that could mean that my new visa might not come through until June (if it takes a full 3 months to process like last year).

Does anyone know if there is a bridging visa? Or would I have to leave here on the 31st of March and wait for my new visa? I'm sure I could go back home for a while and reenter Canada as a visitor while my visa is still being processed.

Is there anyone else in the same boat?

And do we need police certs from every country we've lived in for more than 6 months? I know this was the case last year but with all the changes taking place this year I'm not sure if it's a requirement again?

Any help would be much appreciated. And if I've posted this thread in the wrong place.... let me know! :) Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

There is no bridging visa. But you can apply online for a visitor visa there no need to leave Canals. You can apply online for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

Hi All,

I am on my first year IEC visa in Canada. My visa expires on March 31st 2013. I have heard that the opening of the new visas for next year might not happen until early Feb (can't remember where I read that but rumor has it!). So that could mean that my new visa might not come through until June (if it takes a full 3 months to process like last year).

Does anyone know if there is a bridging visa? Or would I have to leave here on the 31st of March and wait for my new visa? I'm sure I could go back home for a while and reenter Canada as a visitor while my visa is still being processed.

Is there anyone else in the same boat?

And do we need police certs from every country we've lived in for more than 6 months? I know this was the case last year but with all the changes taking place this year I'm not sure if it's a requirement again?

Any help would be much appreciated. And if I've posted this thread in the wrong place.... let me know! :) Thanks.

Where did you here that IEC opening might not be until early febuary?

Advertisement