Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goldie, is he Gone ?

• 31-12-2012 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

UFC 155 was said Goldie was sick so JA taking over

He's saying he wasn't and is just taking a break

Anyone got news on this or "IS IT ALL OVER"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

No great loss tbh, he wrecks my head!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

No great loss tbh, he wrecks my head!!!

Half agree, but JA is no replacement IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

He's taking an "indefinite break", didn't give a reason or return date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Anik is not a great play by play commentator. He is a great analyst but not commentator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

"indefinite break"

That nearly always means gone for good...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

unknown13 wrote: »
    Anik is not a great play by play commentator. He is a great analyst but not commentator.

Watching it he came across really professional, Goldberg sounds clumsy and awkward so it was refreshing.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Thought the rapport between JA and Rogan was pretty non existent. Basically it was all fact and no improv or views either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Much prefer Rogan/Goldie to Rogan/Anik, i'm used to Goldie and his little fcuk ups, and the way Rogan and him bounce off each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'd say that if Anik and Rogan are given a few cards together that they'll eventually gel. There didn't seem to be much communication between them on saturday night.It was almost like they were a bit shy together.

I hope Goldie doesn't come back. He's idiotic with some of the stuff he comes out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Hated the opening line when Anik said ''its an honour to be standing here alongside joe rogan''. As he said it you could see rogan thinking ''im pleased to say i cant say the same about yourself''.
    That said its the strongest sounding and most comfortable Anik has sounded yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Who's gona talk about fukin teep kicks all the time now?

say what yez want about Goldie he's part of the furniture and him n Joe and the UFC are 3 peas in a pod... I'm seeing a slow mo montage in my head right now of all awkward moments of the two of em at the start of all the UFCs they did together... I'm thinkin... 'Change' by John Waite would suit it.

It is allllllllllllllllllllll over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

One thing I won't miss is him saying "He's so classy Joe" just because the fighter shook someone's hand or did something any normal person would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I'd take Goldie over Anik any day. Goldie has his flaws, but Anik certainly doesn't offer anything to out-do those flaws. He still acts like a shy child when the grown-up wants to shake his hand in the post fight interviews.

Goldie is also a pro at delivering those sponsor lines, which is where the UFC is actually making its money. I'd say Goldie will be around for a long time yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

As a fan I dont care how well sponsors get promoted, I like to hear concise well spoken details about the fighters, Goldberg is embarrising and for a sport wanting to be taken serious they need someone who is not just there for old times sakes.

I really hope we never see him again, now all they need to do is replace Rogan and it will be on the right track.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    I really hope we never see him again, now all they need to do is replace Rogan and it will be on the right track.

Woahhhhh. That'll be an unpopular opinion. Him and Dana are real close, he's got a job for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Was there something about Buffert leaving soon too?. I hope he stays, hard to see anyone that could do a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 freddyboiii

Goldie knows when to shut up and let Joe teach jiu jitsu and he provides endless moments of light relief.

Who will ever forget " BJ Penn, The Prodidy, the Progigy, The Progidy.... THE PRODIGY!"

Joe isn't flawless either

If i had a Euro for everytime he said "excuse me ...his left leg" or " excuse me...the right side" etc' etc' ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The twitter rumour is that Goldberg is addicted to some drug and he is in rehab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

GSPfan wrote: »
    The twitter rumour is that Goldberg is addicted to some drug and he is in rehab.

I wouldn't believe twitter at all. Sure a different alive celebrity dies every week on twitter.

• Advertisement

hope it ain't true... may have his flaws but seems like a nice dude

I saw reference to it on Bleacher Report in my Google News Feed thing.. still may be untrue though. Anyway the upside is that if he gets help he'll be back and if he's back I'm happy. I defend and support the Joe/Goldie tag team!

Funny that it 'may' be Goldie on the drugs but Rogan is famous for them : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

unknown13 wrote: »

I wouldn't believe twitter at all. Sure a different alive celebrity dies every week on twitter.

Twitter is no worse than a tabloid newspaper but occasionally they get it right. 90% bull**** but it does provide you with a few good laughs too with the crazy things that get rumoured.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Adios, Goldie.

The Iranian takes over from the Jew.
    Could you this be an eerie premonition of world events?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Stephen_King

jayteecork wrote: »
    Adios, Goldie.

The Iranian takes over from the Jew.
    Could you this be an eerie premonition of world events?

Not likely. The next step from Iran taking over would probably be WW3.

Goldies apparently in rehab for an adderall addiction. Hopefully he gets well soon, i doubt we'll be seeing him for a few months if that is the case.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Mike-Goldberg-sidelined-with-recovery-from-adderall-addiction.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I'd like to see Joe Rogan and Bas Rutten do commentary if that is an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'd like to see Joe Rogan and Bas Rutten do commentary if that is an option.

I love Bas! That'd be brilliant if he did it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Bas and Randy would be my 2 favourite commentators outside of the regular UFC guys. Have to mention fight professor Stephen Quadros also

Sometimes I like Mauro Ranello but he gets hard to listen to quite quickly when he has gets something in his head and runs with it, tries too hard.

If I had to pick I'd have Bas and Joe Rogan over any other pairing.

"Ooooh that's a nice shot to the liver. You know, i heard that there's some people out there that take a shot of whatever they are drinking every time i say 'liver shot.' So this one's for you guys: liver shot, liver shot, liver shot."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Good news. I really like Goldie. It's not the same without him!

yaaay welcome back Goldie! I don't listen to those two jokers to learn anything it's just part n parcel... UFC, Dana White, Joe and Goldie, Octagon... it's a package deal. Who cares if Goldie isn't an MMA nerd he's got Joe beside him to call it and slag him off when he mistakes Portuguese for Japanese etc..

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Good news. I really like Goldie. It's not the same without him!
    yaaay welcome back Goldie! I don't listen to those two jokers to learn anything it's just part n parcel... UFC, Dana White, Joe and Goldie, Octagon... it's a package deal. Who cares if Goldie isn't an MMA nerd he's got Joe beside him to call it and slag him off when he mistakes Portuguese for Japanese etc..

This ^^^^^^ :D

Advertisement