Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American applying to post-graduate program in Counseling Psychology

• 31-12-2012 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,
    I recently submitted my application to Trinity College, Dublin for the PhD program in Counseling psychology. The application period closes the end of March; but I was wondering if anyone knew if the admission committee reviewed applications as they came in, or if they wait until the deadline? I submitted a very strong application with a 4.0 GPA from a decent university in the U.S., quite a few publications, and nearly 4 years of experience in the field. My concern is having to decide when I hear back from American Schools...if I won't hear back from Trinity until later (as Trinity is my first choice). My fear is, I'll get in somewhere here, deny it in hopes of acceptance at Trinity, then not get in. Any information that can alleviate my anxiety would be much appreciated. :)

Also, does anyone have any insight on admission rates of foreigners, specifically Americans? I know that Trinity is attended by thousands of people from all over the world...but wasn't sure if being foreign was something that would makes me more likely to get accepted because of, or in spite of.

Thank you!

Advertisement