Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

• 31-12-2012 5:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

nflplayoffs.png

Seeds

nfc.gif
    1) Atlanta Falcons (13-3)
    2) San Francisco 49ers (11-4-1)
    3) Green Bay Packers (11-5)
    4) Washington Redskins (9-7)
    5) Seattle Seahawks (11-5)
    6) Minnesota Vikings (10-6)

afc.gif
    1) Denver Broncos (13-3)
    2) New England Patriots (12-4)
    3) Houston Texans (12-4)
    4) Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
    5) Indianapolis Colts (11-5)
    6) Cincinnati Bengals (10-6)

Wild Card Round

NFC
    Saturday 5th January
    Vikings 10 @ Packers 24 8:00ET(1:00GMT) SS2&2HD

Sunday 6th January
    Seahawks 24@ Redskins 14 4:30ET(9:30GMT) SS2&2HD

AFC
    Saturday 5th January
    Bengals 13@ Texans 19 4:30ET(9:30GMT) SS1&1HD

Sunday 6th January
    Colts 9@ Ravens 24 1:00ET(6:00GMT) SS1&1HD

Divisional Round

NFC

Saturday 12th January
    Packers 31 @ 49ers 45 8:00ET(01:0GMT)CBS/SS1&1HD

Sunday 13th January
    Seahawks 28 @ Falcons 30 1:00ET(6:00GMT)CBS/SS2&2HD

AFC

Saturday 12th January
    Ravens 38 @ Broncos 35 4:30ET(9:30GMT)FOX/SS1&1HD

Sunday 13th January
    Teaxans 28 @ Patriots 41 4:30ET(9:30GMT)FOX/SS2&2HD

Conference Championships
    Sunday 20th January
    49ers 28 @ Falcons 24 3:00ET(8:00GMT)FOX/SS2&2HD

Ravens 28 @ Patriots 13 6:30ET(11:30GMT)CBS/SS2&2HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

kmart6 wrote: »
    nflplayoffs.png

One thread to rule them all....or really just keep everything together in one easy place until the Superbowl! :cool: [SIZE="1"]Going to keep this thread updated with fixtures/times/who progresses etc right up to the Superbowl[/SIZE]

Seeds
    nfc.gif
    1) Atlanta Falcons (13-3)
    2) San Francisco 49ers (11-4-1)
    3) Green Bay Packers (11-5)
    4) Washington Redskins (9-7)
    5) Seattle Seahawks (11-5)
    6) Minnesota Vikings (10-6)

afc.gif
    1) Denver Broncos (13-3)
    2) New England Patriots (12-4)
    3) Houston Texans (12-4)
    4) Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
    5) Indianapolis Colts (11-5)
    6) Cincinnati Bengals (10-6)

Wild Card Round

NFC
    Saturday 5th December
    Vikings @ Packers 8:00ET(1:00GMT) SS2&2HD

Sunday 6th December
    Seahawks @ Redskins 4:30ET(9:30GMT) SS2&2HD

AFC
    Saturday 5th December
    Bengals @ Texans 4:30ET(9:30GMT) SS1&1HD

Sunday 6th December
    Colts @ Ravens 1:00ET(6:00GMT) SS1&1HD
    Come on the skins!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

Bengals fan here. I float between optimistic and pessimistic on our chances v the Texans every second minute. on the one hand, after a good start Houstons form has gone downhill recently while we have had pretty decent form. That said last year we lost badly to a beaten up Texans team with a third string QB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Three record-setting rookie QBs all play next weekend.

I'm going to pick Seattle and 3 home winners to advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I'll be disappointed if we don't get a win in Baltimore. This is a team struggling, with a worse record than us. At this point we should be confident of facing these guys and winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It would be fantastic if we did, and I think we have a good chance, we did well against Foster yesterday, hopefully we can contain Rice just as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Can we merge the threads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Packers beat vikings by 2 scores....Td's I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

January not December OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Colts have struggled mightily away from home this year. I'm very confident. Blown out by the Bears, Jets (!), Patriots. Only away wins have come against quite literally the worst teams in the league in the Jags, Titans, Lions and Chiefs. Besides, we've won a playoff game in every year of Harbaugh/Flacco.

January not December OP.
    Whoops....that's what I get for typing this out after 4am, thanks!

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    Colts have struggled mightily away from home this year. I'm very confident. Blown out by the Bears, Jets (!), Patriots. Only away wins have come against quite literally the worst teams in the league in the Jags, Titans, Lions and Chiefs. Besides, we've won a playoff game in every year of Harbaugh/Flacco.

That would be my fear too. But it's the postseason -- a fresh start, and this Colts team don't know when they're beaten. The Jets game was our only disaster though -- we came up against New England in peak form, and there isn't a team in the league would've beaten them that day. Chicago was day 1 of the season -- teething problems, and we learned fast.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to be playing in Lucas Oil, but I certainly wouldn't rely on us collapsing in Baltimore.

davyjose wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to be playing in Lucas Oil, but I certainly wouldn't rely on us collapsing in Baltimore.

Charlie Batch pulled out a win in Baltimore a few weeks ago. Ravens are very inconsistent at home and away.

Charlie Batch pulled out a win in Baltimore a few weeks ago. Ravens are very inconsistent at home and away.
    Very valid point, at least we were great at home :)

Looks like Sky Sports News have decided the NFC East was so bad that nobody deserved to go the the Playoffs!

234534.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

kmart6 wrote: »
    Looks like Sky Sports News have decided the NFC East was so bad that nobody deserved to go the the Playoffs!

234534.jpg

And they must have credited Green Bay with that win in Seattle. :pac:

Only right ;)! Was wondering would anyone else cop that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

With all the talk of a few of the Colts going back to the Ravens this weekend lets not forget a certain Mr Caldwell was sacked by the Colts this time last year!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Was going about my normal saturday routine when I realised the playoffs were starting tonight ! Was even more surprised when I saw that the week 3 thread was higher then this one :P So I had to change that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Who plays who after the wildcard weekend? (i.e winners of Vikings/Packers play?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Irish94 wrote: »
    Who plays who after the wildcard weekend? (i.e winners of Vikings/Packers play?)

If the Packers win, then they will play the Niners, and the winners of SEA/WAS will play the Falcons. If the Vikes win, they will play the Falcons, and the winners of SEA/WAS will play the Niners.

If the Texans beat the Bengals, then they will play New England and the winner of Indy/Baltimore plays Denver. If the Bengals win, they play Denver and IND/BAL plays NE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Think I'm gonna make my first trip to a pub to watch at least the first game tonight. Really looking forwards to these playoffs, didn't get to watch much of last year's due to work and lack of internet.
    I'm hoping for a Texans win tonight, been following them and the Broncos for the past couple of seasons, but their last few performances have annoyed me and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dalton and Green tear up their slumping secondary tonight.

Think I'm gonna make my first trip to a pub to watch at least the first game tonight. Really looking forwards to these playoffs, didn't get to watch much of last year's due to work and lack of internet.
    I'm hoping for a Texans win tonight, been following them and the Broncos for the past couple of seasons, but their last few performances have annoyed me and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dalton and Green tear up their slumping secondary tonight.

You've never been to a pub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

http://nflnewsandtalk.tumblr.com/post/39761971995/this-amazing-stat-could-spell-doom-for-the-houston
    Since 1990, 28 teams have lost three or more of their last four games of the regular season and made the playoffs, including the Houston Texans and Baltimore Ravens this season. Only one of the 26 teams from 1990 through 2011 have won more than playoff game, the 2009 New Orleans Saints, who went on to win Super Bowl XLIV. From 1990 through 2011, 11 of those 26 teams lost their first playoff game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

You've never been to a pub?

Ah now. Ah here. I meant I've never gone to a pub to watch NFL like I would other sports. I usually just watch the matches on crappy streams but tonight I'm gonna treat myself to (hopefully) a big screen if I can find one showing the game in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Ah now. Ah here.

Ah here now :pac:

Seriously tho, what's the story with TV coverage for the Playoffs, ie. do $ky have a stranglehold ??! :o:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ah here now :pac:

Seriously tho, what's the story with TV coverage for the Playoffs, ie. do $ky have a stranglehold ??! :o:(

Yup they do. BBC will have the superbowl aswell but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Gotta be one shock among the games. Would Colts winning be such a big shock though?

Think the Texans will just about do enough tonight. Then Green Bay should limit AP to around 100 yards and win. Hope otherwise mind! :D

The last game tomorrow should be the most interesting I'd say. I think Wilson will win it though.

Going to watch every minute of the games though. Playoffs are great. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Beers are stocked, pizza number ready to go! Let's Doodis packers!

SK1979 wrote: »
    Gotta be one shock among the games. Would Colts winning be such a big shock though?

Everyone outside of Indy is predicting the Ravens to win so I'd say so.
    Tough team on the road with playoff pressure.
    Suggs and Lewis will be back for the game too which should rally the defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Everyone outside of Indy is predicting the Ravens to win so I'd say so.

There's NO pressure on Indy though, they have momentum (& confidence) behind them, they've won 4 of the last 5 (total opposite of the Ravens) and on the analysis they have a slightly better Offense, so I for one wouldn't be surprised if they won !

Iv ran out of tea bags :(

Looks like Ponder might be goosed. Dealing with bursitis and may need his elbow drained.

Peterson to get even more carries if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Iv ran out of tea bags :(

You put tea bags in your beer?

You put tea bags in your beer?

No beer until october! underage you see :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

OP, any chance of putting up a public poll for the four wildcard games?
    You can add to this thread

Let posters pick the winners

You did it for your Superbowl thread last season

• Advertisement

Great to see Jeff in the studio again. Sky's coverage way better with him there.

Here's the start of a long night. Hopefully we'll get two great games.

Paully D wrote: »
    Here's the start of a long night. Hopefully we'll get two great games.

*raises cup of tea*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fancy the Texans strongly in the first one. I don't see the Bengals establishing the run and I think Watt and Co. will get to Dalton a lot tonight. Schaub has not been great of late but I'd imagine he is pumped and wants this so much after missing the playoffs last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Paully D wrote: »
    Looks like Ponder might be goosed. Dealing with bursitis and may need his elbow drained.

Peterson to get even more carries if true.

Vikings might just have to snap it straight to AP at this rate.... :eek:

• Advertisement

If Joe Webb plays tonight it will be the ultimate matchup of run vs. pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Hmm, adverts....no redzone...Fancy Houston to win this one anyway. Tonights game should be a cracker, but I'll have to record it and avoid seeing the scores.

Real match is tomorrow! Oh, seems I picked my team, or they picked me. It would appear I am a Colts fan.

Anyone wrote: »

Real match is tomorrow! Oh, seems I picked my team, or they picked me. It would appear I am a Colts fan.

Good man ;)

Go Bengals tonight. As a Ravens fan the Patriots are the far more favourable opponent if we get through tomorrow.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Go Bengals tonight. As a Ravens fan the Patriots are the far more favourable opponent if we get through tomorrow.

As a Colts fan, I'd prefer the Broncos.

This game is going to live up to its billing as the dud of the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Oh, seems I picked my team, or they picked me. It would appear I am a Colts fan.

You have a warranty period, it's not too late to change! :)

Watch the game and leave as a Ravens fan :cool:

As a Colts fan, I'd prefer the Broncos.

This game is going to live up to its billing as the dud of the weekend.

If I was the Colts I'd rather the Broncos too. Really hate the prospect of Ravens vs. Manning. We simply can't beat him. Brady usually wins too but it usually comes down to the last minutes of the game.

mikemac1 wrote: »

Ah come on, he's posted here. If he changes now, he'll never live it down. Anyway, a decade of Andrew Luck, or a decade of Joe Flacco? That's a no brainer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

mikemac1 wrote: »

Haha, well this is my first season watching a lot of football. And the two teams I had followed were the Colts and the Seahawks. I'm saying I'm a Colts fan based on how I reacted when they scored last week against the Texans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Haha, well this is my first season watching a lot of football. And the two teams I had followed were the Colts and the Seahawks. I'm saying I'm a Colts fan based on how I reacted when they scored last week against the Texans.

pick one team will ya already............................you cant have 2

• Advertisement
Advertisement