Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I love the skins!
    Great to watch i love their running game

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Wilson sacked again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Fúck these Pizza ads on gamepass!

Im in the back arse of no-where, no place will deliver and im staaaaaaaarving!

Could get in the car and drive to town, but i'll miss some of the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Shanahan needs to protect RG3, didn't he get fined for playing down a concussion RG3 suffered earlier in the season. RG3 can be the face of the franchise for a very long time. Results are one thing, but protecting the health of players is paramount. I'm glad he took him off.

DDC1990 wrote: »

ROFL, man I know your pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Did the hawks scout the skins at all. Look very under prepared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Kill a badger or something.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Shanahan needs to protect RG3, didn't he get fined for playing down a concussion RG3 suffered earlier in the season. RG3 can be the face of the franchise for a very long time. Results are one thing, but protecting the health of players is paramount. I'm glad he took him off.

Fined $20,000 for saying he was just shaken up when in fact he had a concussion, interesting article about his injury in December
    Way back in 2012, Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III suffered a gruesome knee injury while running against the Ravens on Dec. 9 when Haloti Ngata's entire body collided with RG3's femur. The rookie quarterback left the game for a single play but then returned to the field before being replaced by backup and fellow rookie Kirk Cousins.

The decision to put Griffin back in that game was, according to coach Mike Shanahan, cleared by Dr. James Andrews, who was on the Redskins' sideline. However, Andrews told Robert Klemko of USA Today that he never did such a thing, that he didn't even get to "touch him or talk to him" and that it "scared the hell out of me."

"[Griffin] didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion.

"We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

That's not a good look at all for the Redskins. But it's a much worse look when you start digging through the postgame quotes from Shanahan, who name-checked Andrews five times.

"We had Dr. [James] Andrews on the sideline with us," Shanahan said when asked about Griffin returning to the game. "He's the one that gives me the information. It's way over my head. I'm just telling you what he said. We felt very good with the news."

Shanahan was obviously asked lots of questions about Griffin that day. One question that was asked was "what convinced him that [RG3] could return," and his answer was, quite specifically, that Andrews was on the sideline.

“Dr. Andrews – our sideline [doctor]," Shanahan said. "Dr. Andrews is pretty good. Not too many people have him on their sidelines, so we felt pretty lucky that he was there."

Bad, right? It actually gets worse -- in the transcript, when asked about the "specific sequence of events" that led to RG3's return, Shanahan described a specific conversation that he had with Andrews.

“ 'Hey, Dr. Andrews, can Robert go back in?' " Shanahan recalled. " 'Yeah, he can go back in.' ‘Robert, go back in.' That was it."

Except there's one problem: Andrews said that conversation never happened, claimed he has been a "nervous wreck" ever since Griffin returned and said he was the one who "finally" got Griffin out of the game against Baltimore.

"I'm the one that shut him down that day, finally," Andrews told Klemko. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it.

"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."

The Redskins haven't exactly been forthright when it comes to Griffin's injuries this year: they were already fined $20,000 by the NFL for telling the media that RG3 was "shaken up" when he suffered what was clearly a concussion against the Falcons.

With the Redskins winning the NFC East for the first time since 1999, it's quite obvious what a difference that Griffin makes for them. But if Andrews' story is accurate -- and you can bet Shanahan will get more than a few questions about these claims over the next 24 hours -- Shanahan is doing the rookie and the Redskins a major disservice in terms of his long-term health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ring in mid-way through the 2nd quarter and collect at half time.

Cousins has proved well able to step up to the plate too if needed

• Advertisement

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Kill a badger or something.
    Redskins D are doing that for me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Redskins D are doing that for me ;)

I gave you the perfect set up.

509aea630604f6ff74b077b94c9ae708-how-i-met-your-mother-high-five.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

What was he doing trying that throw!?

Rg3 looks like he cant even stand ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

What a scoop by Lynch!

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Washington's fumble recovery rate is simply ridiculous. Its the main reason for their success this year..

Looks like we can say the same for the Seahawks after Lynch's recovery.

Erin Andrews I love you.

I never thought I'd be so impressed by a guy scooping the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

If Hauschka can't continue that's a big loss for the Seahawks, very good kicker with a big leg and they'd have to turn to their punter

well ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wow this game has turned around fast. Seahawks doing what they do now.

Enjoyable game, this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That's cause usually there'd be five or six of them falling over themselves to try and pick it up!

Gonna be a few scraps later in the game.

What is DeAngelo Hall playing at? Nose to nose with an official now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Bit of a needle in the game now...... :D

Some turnaround this.

Went downstairs and made a few Badger Sandwiches for myself, come back and the Seahawks have suddenly found some momentum.

Very enjoyable game, if I'm a Seahawks fan though I'm getting worried about the field goal situation, this could easily come down to a long range field goal attempt and Hauschka is struggling to put much weight on his standing leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

That dropped catch is still annoying me

• Advertisement

The field looks pretty rough

Cant see skins winning this now the way rg3 is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

kryogen wrote: »
    The field looks pretty rough

They were saying before it that they painted in green as it was that bad.

for **** sake

Huge turnover, could be the big change in momentum here that the Redskins needed

Get in another recovery phew!!!

• Advertisement

Bye bye Mr. Mo Mentum

Really need toget this ball up th field now

Big turnover there!

everytime i have put my money on the seahawks this season they have thrown it back in my face, tonight seems like it will be no different, ****ing turnover was unforgivable

Things getting heated again!

• Advertisement

Can't believe it didn't kick off there.

Can't believe there was no flag thrown for blatantly knocking down a player.

Didnt think it would be possible for me to love a Seahawk qb

Its actually unreal, thats like another turnover

No points yet again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Wilson protects the ball so well and can really gun it. Great to watch

Great defensive play - took the Hawks out of FG range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh so close to hitting the skins player.

Mother of god lets get the ball up the bloody field this time

And they only show one fast replay and go to break.

Redskins killing themselves with silly penalties. Their defense have stopped two drives now, they really need something from their next possession.

• Advertisement
Advertisement