Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Not till 1am

Won't be watching that - first day back at work should be some fun tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Anyone catch the clip there of Richard Sherman mouthing off again at the end? For a man that should have been serving a drug ban, he sure knows how to draw attention to himself.

Love it. No harm being done and everyone here would want the guy on their team.

Won't be watching that - first day back at work should be some fun tomorrow!

Could be good defensive struggle (or a blow out win for Alabama)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭J. Football

trent.gif

Trent Williams doing what many people have dreamed of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Anyone catch the clip there of Richard Sherman mouthing off again at the end? For a man that should have been serving a drug ban, he sure knows how to draw attention to himself.

Taunting a team that was effectively crippled for 45 minutes...class act. Cortland Finnegan all over again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Could be good defensive struggle (or a blow out win for Alabama)

Might try and get a few hours sleep before it so if it will be a decent game

trent.gif

Collecting a fine from the NFL commissioner??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I'm thinking I there's not so many people around Sherman doesn't go mouthing off at Williams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Love it. No harm being done and everyone here would want the guy on their team.

Everyone? Sorry not me. Seeing him just reminded me of his miracle escape from a drug ban that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

spiralism wrote: »

Taunting a team that was effectively crippled for 45 minutes...class act. Cortland Finnegan all over again.

Weren't one of the Skins payers mouthing off about him pregame?

trent.gif

Pity there was no crowd around because Williams would have laid him flat.

Think there's a bit of bad blood there already between the two teams. Still rather classless but that's how he rolls and i'd say the Washington players gave as good as they got, least before Seattle pulled away.

I'd love to see him get shown up like Finnegan did by Andre Johnson, **** me that was hilarious.

Yea calling him a cheater

spiralism wrote: »

Think there's a bit of bad blood there already between the two teams. Still rather classless but that's how he rolls and i'd say the Washington players gave as good as they got, least before Seattle pulled away.

I'd love to see him get shown up like Finnegan did by Andre Johnson, **** me that was hilarious.

I have to say I am a fan of Sherman,takes no **** and plays hard.

Although I agree, that would be some laugh!

Everyone? Sorry not me. Seeing him just reminded me of his miracle escape from a drug ban that's all.

Fair enough let me re-phrase. I'd have him at the Giants. Not his fault he got off on a technicality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

There was supposed to be highlights of the games on BBC2 tonight.... but they printed the dates wrong, its actually tomorrow night :mad:

I have to say I am a fan of Sherman,takes no **** and plays hard.

Although I agree, that would be some laugh!

So does Finnegan. Fan of both, it often gives a competitive edge but its not very classy. No harm if they get shown up then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Sherman comes across as classless, arrogent and abrasive.

Still he plays hard, and wins.

Sort of player you'd love to have on your team.

I dislike his personality, but I love his play on the field.

FFS, he compared himself to Jesus in the runup to this game! :rolleyes:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121629/article/richard-sherman-not-worried-by-washington-redskins

DDC1990 wrote: »

FFS, he compared himself to Jesus in the runup to this game! :rolleyes:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121629/article/richard-sherman-not-worried-by-washington-redskins

Lol :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

Dont know why all the hate on Mike Shanahan. Two Superbowls, and gives Washington their finest season in a long time. In every single sport on this planet athletes compete while carrying injuries. Blaming Mike as many have done here is akin to blaming every single coach on this planet whose player went into a game while carrying an injury. Heck why dont ye all hate on Brian Cody because Henry Shefflin went off injured in an All Ireland Hurling final whilst carrying a knee injury. In certain scenarios big time players will play on regardless of potential damage, thats why they get to where they are and not bitching and moaning on a internet forum. Isnt that right Corvus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The suggestion that because a player got caught for PEDS makes him a cheater is just plain ridiculous. There are a huge amount of players at it. Its been clear for years that its not only going on in the NFL but in college as well. Its just that sometimes players don't have the necessary masking agent and use something else to try and cover up. The NFL don't make a big deal out of it either because they know its widespread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

eagle eye wrote: »
    The suggestion that because a player got caught for PEDS makes him a cheater is just plain ridiculous. There are a huge amount of players at it. Its been clear for years that its not only going on in the NFL but in college as well. Its just that sometimes players don't have the necessary masking agent and use something else to try and cover up. The NFL don't make a big deal out of it either because they know its widespread.

Finally someone on the American Football forum has opened their eyes. Regulation in the NFL regarding PEDs is pathetic in comparison to cycling and track and field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

You can not expect RG3 to pull himself out of the game.

Look at the Rivers Cutler story with their acl injuries. Rivers had a complete tear and played on, and played fine for a QB with one leg.
    Then the media stories about Cutler who didn't have a complete tear questioning his commitment and what not. For a rookie to do that when he could clearly jog on the knee would astonishing. His stats have been declining as the year goes on too.

Problem to me is that Redskins wide receivers are poor, without the threat of RG3 run game they couldn't get open. He was well able to move around like any pocket passer would be able too.

There was no grabbing the knee when missed throws or looked like he was in a lot plain, word I would use is uncomfortable, clearly in pain but not to take him out.

Field was shocking too, can't remember if that was a factor in his knee going.

Just on the peds, using them does make you a cheater. Because there widespread doesn't mean it's ok to use them like Lance Armstrong and cycling, it's still cheating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein
    A #Redskins employee tells me the #Seahawks players were giving the finger to the fans from the buses as they arrived today at FedEx Field

Classy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Finally someone on the American Football forum has opened their eyes. Regulation in the NFL regarding PEDs is pathetic in comparison to cycling and track and field.

Finally someone on the AF forum has opened their eyes? Jesus where did you crawl out of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

PEDs are a problem in NFL morte so cause the punishment for them is so light, hard to compare to plight of cycling.

Also have pain killer problem, many players addicted just to get thru each game.

RG3 made his call he played, if redskins had pulled him it would been cutler all over again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well that's going to be a massive fine!

nflplayoffs.png

Seeds

nfc.gif
    1) Atlanta Falcons (13-3)
    2) San Francisco 49ers (11-4-1)
    3) Green Bay Packers (11-5)
    4) Washington Redskins (9-7)
    5) Seattle Seahawks (11-5)
    6) Minnesota Vikings (10-6)

afc.gif
    1) Denver Broncos (13-3)
    2) New England Patriots (12-4)
    3) Houston Texans (12-4)
    4) Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
    5) Indianapolis Colts (11-5)
    6) Cincinnati Bengals (10-6)

Wild Card Round

NFC
    Saturday 5th January
    Vikings 10 @ Packers 24 8:00ET(1:00GMT) SS2&2HD

Sunday 6th January
    Seahawks 24@ Redskins 14 4:30ET(9:30GMT) SS2&2HD

AFC
    Saturday 5th January
    Bengals 13@ Texans 19 4:30ET(9:30GMT) SS1&1HD

Sunday 6th January
    Colts 9@ Ravens 24 1:00ET(6:00GMT) SS1&1HD

Divisional Round

NFC
    Saturday 12th January
    Packers @ 49ers 8:00ET(01:0GMT)CBS/SS1&1HD

Sunday 13th January
    Seahawks @ Falcons 1:00ET(6:00GMT)CBS/SS2&2HD

AFC
    Saturday 12th January
    Ravens @ Broncos 4:30ET(9:30GMT)FOX/SS1&1HD

Sunday 13th January
    Teaxans @ Patriots 4:30ET(9:30GMT)FOX/SS2&2HD

All the focus was on RG3 and his knee, yet a guy who could still be playing this year has now been forced out...
    Seahawks fear DE Chris Clemons tore his ACL and he'll undergo further testing Monday to confirm injury.

Also operation damage control for Trent Williams is a go.....
    I want to take this opportunity to apologize for my actions that took place following tonight's game. It was a hard fought game between two great teams and I let my emotions get the best of me. To Richard Sherman, the Seahawks, Mr. Daniel Snyder, Coach Shanahan, Mr. Bruce Allen, my teammates, and all the fans...I am truly sorry. I feel as though I've taken many strides to be a better person this season and this is not how I wanted it to end. And for that, I apologize for my actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Paully D wrote: »
    Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein
    A #Redskins employee tells me the #Seahawks players were giving the finger to the fans from the buses as they arrived today at FedEx Field

Classy stuff.
    Was gonna shout for seattle for the rest of season but if this is true they can go f**k themselves come on the falcons!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

It's just disappointing to see RG3's season end in defeat through injury and not being plain out-played. At 100% I think he could well have brought the Redskins to the NFC Championship game and who knows from there? Seattle can do the same themselves now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Syferus wrote: »
    It's just disappointing to see RG3's season end in defeat through injury and not being plain out-played. At 100% I think he could well have brought the Redskins to the NFC Championship game and who knows from there? Seattle can do the same themselves now.

It's heart breaking really since he is such a fantastic performer. Hopefully he can heal up and not suffer from any long term effects from it. The scariest thing I saw was on a read option where he was HOPPING on one leg yet still out ran the defence.

Stev_o wrote: »
    It's heart breaking really since he is such a fantastic performer. Hopefully he can heal up and not suffer from any long term effects from it. The scariest thing I saw was on a read option where he was HOPPING on one leg yet still out ran the defence.

He gained 9 yards on that play, what a trooper! I guess the Hawks sold out to stop Morris as they probably assumed there was no way RGIII was keeping it.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Was gonna shout for seattle for the rest of season but if this is true they can go f**k themselves come on the falcons!!

if it happened id say it was one player and id say he was taking some serious abuse, wouldnt let that be your reason, Pete Carroll teams are a rather acquired taste thou, do like wilson and lynch thou (lynch had some issues when he signed hes turned it round).

shamrock55 wrote:

Seriously?! Word of a Redskins employee would turn you off a team you were going to shout for?! Even if it is true it's hardly a horrific crime!!

If my Ravens go out, I'll be hoping for a Seahwaks-Broncos Superbowl. Got the Broncos at a decent price preseason and I have grown fond of the Hawks!

If my Ravens go out, I'll be hoping for a Seahwaks-Broncos Superbowl. Got the Broncos at a decent price preseason and I have grown fond of the Hawks!

What's really interesting is that the Hawks used to be in the AFC West...it'd technically be the first rivalry superbowl

Syferus wrote: »

It must be very frustrating for Redskins fans, put a fit and healthy RG3 on the field last night and you're looking at a different result.

Lost in the mist very often is the achievements of London Flecther from the Redskins. Last night gave him a phenomenal 241 consecutive games he has now played in. Players like him and Ray Lewis are a real rarity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Both the Packers and 49ers will be hoping this one doesn't come down to a late kick. Crosby V Akers/Cundiff. Bloody hell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

It must be very frustrating for Redskins fans, put a fit and healthy RG3 on the field last night and you're looking at a different result.

And too loose against a team of thugs too.................sherman and brown are drug taking hoodlams

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Paully D wrote: »
    Both the Packers and 49ers will be hoping this one doesn't come down to a late kick. Crosby V Akers/Cundiff. Bloody hell.

Yeah, I can see both teams going for it rather than taking on long FG's on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

nocoverart wrote: »
    Any good websites that will explain the rules of the game for me? really want to get into this sport but don't have a clue what's going on LOL. Wikipedia just confused the hell out of me!
    If it's any consolation I've been watching the game for years and I'm still finding the odd vague rule, I see games as a giant chess game, only much more enjoyable.

funny that both teams come in with their leading kickers injured, althou way akers has kicked hardly a loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

For the first time since John Elway retired Mike Shanahan has a QB capable of operating in his offensive scheme. If Shanahan can consistently put together a half-decent defence and a running game the Redskins will do some damage over the next few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

For the first time since John Elway retired Mike Shanahan has a QB capable of operating in his offensive scheme. If Shanahan can consistently put together a half-decent defence and a running game the Redskins will do some damage over the next few years.

They will find it hard to better this season in the next 2 years IMO.

They could do with a lot of upgrades. But it'll be an exciting few years.

For the first time since John Elway retired Mike Shanahan has a QB capable of operating in his offensive scheme.

Prioritizing the health of RG3 and keeping him off the field when he's clearly banjaxed would be a step in the right direction imo. RG3 was eager to play and that's in the DNA of all players. But a Coach needs to put the health of a player first along with the long term interests of the franchise. It's one thing playing with a strained hamstring or hip abductor. But one wrong move with a dodgy knee and you could be ending a guys career. They got their most important component in place right now with a talented franchise QB. And the future should be bright for the Redskins, providing Shanahan learns from last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

Hopefully Shanahan has a QB to work with.
    He sure wont have RG3 for the start of next season.
    Major cock up in my opinion.

Hopefully Shanahan has a QB to work with.
    He sure wont have RG3 for the start of next season.
    Major cock up in my opinion.

A major cock up is probably an understatement, especially when you consider he already had major surgery on the same knee in 2009.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/01/07/robert-griffin-iii-has-partial-tears-of-acl-and-lcl-mri-suggests/

I did fear for his durability and longevity with his style of play in the NFL. But I never anticipated his own coach taking unnecessary risks with the kids future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

IMO the QB of the future has to be more RG3 than Brady / Luck / P Manning

but, players like RG3 need additional safety nets
    you cant expect to reap the rewards from such a diverse player without putting together an appropriate platform for him to perform in

Shanahan has a lot to answer for
    Watched the presser last night and it was pathetic
    Altho the journalists were a bunch of wimps afraid to lose their press passes

this whole RG3 chapter stinks - hope he makes it back sometime in 2014

• Advertisement
Advertisement