Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Went 4-0 too. Taking Broncos (:(), 49ers, Patriots and Seahawks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Patriots remove 15 players from injury report. Team lists just 5 players -- all probable (Cole, Dennard, Gronkowski, McDonald & Scott).

Patriots injury report leaves little doubt -- team should have all top personnel available for Sunday's game.
    Only one remaining playoff team has all 22 of its Week 1 starters still on the active roster: the Patriots

wovvZ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

This weekend I'm going for
    Broncos
    49ers
    Seahawks
    New England

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Cracking games this weekend :) Less then 21 hours to go !

Just thinking about all this RG3 and his knee stuff and seen something somewhere where it said John Elway played a whole career without his ACL.
    I know the comparisons are totally different the way Griffin runs but that's extraordinary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just thinking about all this RG3 and his knee stuff and seen something somewhere where it said John Elway played a whole career without his ACL.
    I know the comparisons are totally different the way Griffin runs but that's extraordinary.

Yes Elway's pretty much played 16 seasons without an ACL in his left knee. But even without it, the stability of his left knee was unusually strong. Freaky genetics played a huge part in it. But the key difference between him and RG3 was, Elway's left ACL was on his non-planting leg, so it was not an issue for throwing. RG3's right ACL is on his planting leg, so he was pretty much banjaxed for throwing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cracking games this weekend :) Less then 21 hours to go !

I can never actually enjoy games that my team is involved in, I'm always too invested in them. Packers vs 49ers is a nice way to wind down after it the first game though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Hopefully great games resulting in Denver and the Pats losing then il be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Come on Packers!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ravens and Broncos 9.30pm?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ravens and Broncos 9.30pm?

Wait is kickoff 9 or half 9?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Half 9

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭J. Football

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Picks:

Denver, SF, Atlanta,New England

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Aaron Rodgers is going to play out of skin tonight and blow away the 49ers.

The 49ers had the perfect chance, local guy to be QB, lead the team to glory and they fúcked it. Could you imagine the 49ers now if they had picked Rodgers in 2005? They'd have one if not two superbowls. This is the FU moment that Rodgers has been craving since 2005.

Can't wait.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Wonder why he didn't blow away the niners in week 1? Must have been waiting for the playoffs.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Wonder why he didn't blow away the niners in week 1? Must have been waiting for the playoffs.

Ar will play beastly. The team is finally working and all our big names are back. We now know what our rookies are capable of. I've 20 e on with a mate. I've already drank the wager money im that confident

Arawn wrote: »
    Ar will play beastly. The team is finally working and all our big names are back. We now know what our rookies are capable of. I've 20 e on with a mate. I've already drank the wager money im that confident

Should have gone to the bookies mate, you'd have got a 3 point head start and made 16 quid on top of your 20. Or just taken them straight up and got 24 back on top of your 20.

Paully D wrote: »
    Should have gone to the bookies mate, you'd have got a 3 point head start and made 16 quid on top of your 20. Or just taken them straight up and got 24 back on top of your 20.

Ah but you dont get bragging rights at a bookie! and have money on rvp to score anytime tomorrow, 7-1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I can never actually enjoy games that my team is involved in, I'm always too invested in them. Packers vs 49ers is a nice way to wind down after it the first game though :D

Not the only one Paully, even if my team are well ahead in a game, I'm usually way to stressed to really enjoy it at the time.

Anyone else watching the NFL network coverage ? They just showed the field with the cover off and it's steaming heavily. Gonna be pretty cold in Denver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

-13 celsius in Denver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

mikemac1 wrote: »
    -13 celsius in Denver

I hope it snows too

McKinnie Osemele Birk Yanda Oher

By far the Ravens best Oline

It'll have to be to deal with the mighty Broncos pass rush!

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

€10 double on Ravens to win at 31/10 and Packers -7.5 at 7/2.

Peyton has never won a playoff game with the temperature lower than 5 degrees. Manning has to wear a special glove beacuse its so cold due his poor nerve endings. Manning is 36 and coming off four neck surgeries. He's gonna feel the cold far more than young Joe Flacco. Surprise of the weekend will be Ravens beating the Broncos.

And I believe that Rodgers is gonna open a can of whup ass on the 49ers, who are without Manningham and Justin Smith is hurt.

Right, that's me off for the game (thank Christ say the neutrals who will avoid my mood swing style posting :pac:). Enjoy it lads, hopefully it's a good one with an upset in the end for us Ravens! I'll be back for the Packers vs 49ers game tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Right, that's me off for the game (thank Christ say the neutrals who will avoid my mood swing style posting :pac:). Enjoy it lads, hopefully it's a good one with an upset in the end for us Ravens! I'll be back for the Packers vs 49ers game tonight.

Best of luck to the Ravens, hope they cause an upset.. if even only for Lewis!

Have to watch the games on a mobile phone screen tonight, going to test my patience no doubt!

You're not going to post Paully?

Ok so, me and Pudsy will carry the flag

60611_large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭J. Football

Don't know who to back for tonight. On one hand, I want a home AFC Championship game and revenge for that shambles of a game earlier in the season. On the other hand, Brady vs Manning week is my favourite week of the year after Brazzers summer sale week.

Decisions, decisions.

(thank Christ say the neutrals who will avoid my mood swing style posting :pac:).

You're no spiralism ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah I'm finding it impossible to root for either. It would feel dirty to want either of them to win.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah I'm finding it impossible to root for either. It would feel dirty to want either of them to win.:D

Way I'm looking at it is I don't care who wins. Either way both opponents offer their own challenges. I feel the Pats have the ability to see off the Texans for a second time and stick it to the Ravens or Broncos also. Wont be an easy game whoever we get. Here's to some cracking football for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Count me out for the same reason on the opposite end!

Good news for Broncos fans before i go, the OL will be Clady, Beadles, Koppen, Kuper, Franklin...by far our best line combination. Let's do this.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You're not going to post Paully?

Ok so, me and Pudsy will carry the flag

60611_large.jpg

Count me in that group too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Broncos, 49ers, Falcons and Patriots to win for me. Looking forward to this game now, hope the Ravens can keep it close and Flacco has a good day.

I really don#t care who wins as long as the games are better then last weeks drivel !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Was impressed with the Ravens last week, but cant see them beating the Broncos. Should be a good game either way. Also, I've ordered a pizza and chicken wings with franks hot sauce,have had a few beers and have 6 cans in the fridge, so either way its all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

The cold weather certainly doesn't help the Broncos. Nice clean pocket for Flacco to throw from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wow some start for the Broncos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

That'll do nicely! 80 yards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

poldebruin wrote: »
    The cold weather certainly doesn't help the Broncos. Nice clean pocket for Flacco to throw from there.

That run on the punt return should warm them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Yee-hoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Where the fcuk was the punt coverage?

I saw maybe 2 ravens players on the replay chasing the returner and one was the Punter!! disgraceful play from the Ravens special teams.

Was Holiday slowing down at the end or did the Punter nearly catch him ?

Serious start for them, instant pressure on the Ravens to play catch up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

More crap special teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Ravens special teams sh1tting the bed

.....this could be bad for ravens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Superb.

What a trow!

• Advertisement
Advertisement