Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

What a drive!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

eagle eye wrote: »
    No you get 2 challenges and if you are right both times you get a third. You really want to hold onto them for later in the game if you can. That was a pure waste of a challenge, it was 99% certain that it would not be overturned.

It was a big call though, and he got a ton of advice from upstairs. As it happens, Champ Bailey is rubbish and we're level.

I have to say for a game that's by far the best so far in the playoffs, there seems to be way less buzz than usual around here.

Great throw, thought we were screwed for a while there after the challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Hazys wrote: »
    Same here, its seems the like a pretty good reason to throw the flag.

So the NFL is telling me the whole bench of 30 odd players can run into the endzone and celebrate a touchdown but if a player on the field celebrates by taking his helmet off, its a flag...madness

The problem is Id say is there is probably no rule among the stupidity that is the NFL rulebook for guys on the bench joining the celebrations on the field especially none covering the removal of the helmet if you aren't actually on the field.

Sums up the nonsense that is the competition committee when they make these rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

They're making Joe Flacco look like Joe Montana. Please give Bailey some help or Flacco will just keep chucking it deep to Smith...he can't cover him.

I'm very surprised the Broncos haven't been able to generate any pressure.

The whole excessive celebration rule is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

matthew8 wrote: »

It was a big call though, and he got a ton of advice from upstairs. As it happens, Champ Bailey is rubbish and we're level.

I have to say for a game that's by far the best so far in the playoffs, there seems to be way less buzz than usual around here.
    Champ Bailey is past it alright, but wow, Flacco has gone up a notch in my estimation after the last 2 games. Savage play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Who's this lad the Ravans let play QB in the playoffs instead of Joe Flacco? They should think about playing him in the regular season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

TO. wrote: »
    The problem is Id say is there is probably no rule among the stupidity that is the NFL rulebook for guys on the bench joining the celebrations on the field especially none covering the removal of the helmet if you aren't actually on the field.

Sums up the nonsense that is the competition committee when they make these rules.
    They can still call it for unsportsmanlike conduct, especially if the guy runs 30-40 yards.

Smith has Baileys number all day. Big momentum shift before HT with the Baltimore D finally getting a stop, the missed FG and big drive by Flacco. Baltimore have been very conservative but when they have blitzed one extra they have caused three incompeltions. They may aswell rush three and drop one into coverage, they are getting nowhere near Manning bringing four. I expect Harbaugh to make some adjustments and see some more of Suggs playing pass rush

Joe Flacco had 2 very good throws but he would have had 2 more TD passes if he was on the money.

• Advertisement

Syferus wrote: »
    Who's this lad the Ravans let play QB in the playoffs instead of Joe Flacco? They should think about playing him in the regular season.

Its Drew Brees with a drawn on unibrow. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Actually feel sick so far. You don't give up the sort of plays we've been giving up and hope you can win the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Wow, feels like the Broncos dominated the half, and it's 21-21.

I'm keeping an eye on the play count because Manning has the ability to keep the Ravens defense out there. At half-time, Broncos 40 plays - Ravens 26.

You expect the Broncos to wear them down in the 2nd half, but when it's this close, anything could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Just struggling adjusting to the favourites tag, broncos will settle and bring this home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

One thing I know for sure from watching this match is that I never want to go to Arkansas, looks mega gay in those adverts :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Good start to the second half, eh?

Disgraceful. How can we be so awful on ST?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fuck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Remind me again why the **** the Texans cut Holiday despite what he did in pre season? Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

holiday strikes again wow

Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Holy crap! Unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

:eek:
    My. God.

Once, fair enough. Twice? Absolutely unforgivable. Disgraceful.

:eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

This game is to good :( sad face because I'm supposed to be studying for my exams :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

i missed his first TD return but thankfully saw this one....amazing run.

Dont mind the study bud. It's 11:35 anything you look at now will be gone by the morning.
    Except this awesome game. Win or lose it's an amazing game for both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Think thats it now. Cannot give at team with Manning 14 'bonus' points from ST.

Baltimore ST has been shocking all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Manning using no huddle at high altitude is going to be tough on the Ravens D, especially in the fourth quarter. But if Flacco can keep up what he did before half-time, then it's going to be real interesting.

• Advertisement

If John Fox has figured out how we can cover Torrey Smith it could change this match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Wow....We've always been told that the key beating Manning was to keep him off the field but Baltimore are trying to do in a new way today!

Great game so far

Ray Rice not having much of a presence in the game. What's the craic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Stupid penalty to give away.

The amount of penalties we are giving up is a disgrace. Spotting them the whole way down the field. This WILL cost us the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Penalties are hurting the Broncos. Very sloppy, and they are the right call too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

spiralism wrote: »
    The amount of penalties we are giving up is a disgrace. Spotting them the whole way down the field. This WILL cost us the game

No it WON'T

We're killing ourselves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Huge play, gives them the chance to go 2 scores ahead for the first time all game !

• Advertisement

Ah McKinnie. Even when it's not his fault he still lets you down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

That could comeback to haunt the Ravens.

SO MANY ****ING PENALTIES

Referees can fk off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Killer penalty...and a fairly bogus one at that!

Cop on refs FFS. Manning vs Brady is a ratings winner I suppose :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Denver seem to be getting a lot of calls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This has got scrappy

Neutral but thats a bull**** call.

• Advertisement

I think Manning was down either way

Advertisement