Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

poldebruin wrote: »
    seems odd that you watched it at all if that's the case.
    I watch most games in full most weeks during the regular season. I don't think I've missed a playoff game in 8 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

polaris68 wrote: »
    Some 1st half stats for Kaepernick: 148 yards passing, 107 yards rushing, 2 TD passes, and one pick-six!

I doubt if the Packers will blitz as much in the 2nd half, nearly every time they do Kaepernick rushes for a first down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

He's no Alex Smith, that's for sure.

Alex? Who da fúck is Alex?

* Gets coat *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

If the Packers can stop their QB running they have a chance.

Its remarkable its close considering time of possession

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Like a clown, I decided to go to the pub when the Ravens got the ball with one minute left. I thought it was over, and now i've been cheated outta Brady vs Manning. It's not fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

impressive start to the 2nd half by the 9ers D

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Like a clown, I decided to go to the pub when the Ravens got the ball with one minute left.

Dude if there's one thing about this game that we all love. It's that in a one score game, you just can't take your eyes off it until the whistle blows.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Like a clown, I decided to go to the pub when the Ravens got the ball with one minute left. I thought it was over, and now i've been cheated outta Brady vs Manning. It's not fair

a minute is a long time in Football - though don't tell that to John Fox, who took a knee to go to OT with Peyton Manning, 30 seconds and 2 timeouts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

New England will win it all, IMO. Most complete team left. And tbh, Denver wouldn't have beaten them anyway. Brady would have destroyed that secondary.

I doubt if the Packers will blitz as much in the 2nd half, nearly every time they do Kaepernick rushes for a first down.

i think youmioght be right with this.....we'll soon see how they approach it. Can't repeat what happened in the first and expect to win.

• Advertisement

a minute is a long time in Football - though don't tell that to John Fox, who took a knee to go to OT with Peyton Manning, 30 seconds and 2 timeouts!

Worst coaching decision of the year.

davyjose wrote: »
    New England will win it all, IMO. Most complete team left. And tbh, Denver wouldn't have beaten them anyway. Brady would have destroyed that secondary.

Davy, don't be jinxing us now with all that prediction stuff.

Agreed, definitely the most complete in the AFC, I would have expected them to beat Denver. No pressure on Brady and he would have dissected that defence/

Although I think the NFC teams can give them a game in the SB,.

Davy, don't be jinxing us now with all that prediction stuff.

New England are definitely definitely definitely going to win the Super Bowl :p

New England are definitely definitely definitely going to win the Super Bowl :p

La la la la, I'm not listening, la la la la.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Good drive brewing here by the pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

I think they're - by a mile - the most lop-sided team left, actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Dude if there's one thing about this game that we all love. It's that in a one score game, you just can't take your eyes off it until the whistle blows.

I was completely and utterly forced into it to be honest! It's weird how to feel about the Ravens. On the one hand, they shouldve been in a superbowl last year. On the other hand, they're nowhere near classy enough for one this year. To be honest, I hope they get there. While they're not good enough this year, over the years they have been. I'd like to see how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Worst coaching decision of the year.

Easy to know he was a defensive coach all his career before moving into head coaching. That's the difference really. If he had been an offensive coach they'd probably have gone for it. Just a different mentality.

• Advertisement

And it's all square again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I feel like Kaep to Crabtree is a combination we're going to be hearing a lot of over the coming years

And it's all square again.

Fantastic day of NFL. What a brilliant sport :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ah here,they need to put some1 watching kapernick quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What the **** Kaepernick! Legend!

Still no QB spy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Kaepernick fooled me never mind the defense there!...what a run

i think youmioght be right with this.....we'll soon see how they approach it. Can't repeat what happened in the first and expect to win.

And they leave a huge hole for him to run 56 yards ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

What a performance from kaepernick here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Beeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.

Wow what a weapon to have on offense!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Love how quiet all the lads who said we should bring back smith during the seahawks game are. 2 rushing 2 passing.

Adam Smith, we will never forget you.

Paully D wrote: »

Managed to get my brother around the last couple of weeks to watch some games. He's totally hooked now, absolutely loves it. He's even rejected soccer and it's associated nancy-boys. Of course you'll be delighted to know that I think he's becoming a Pats fan. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

CK could easily get 200 yards rushing in this! Thats outrageous!

This is starting to look ominous for the Packers.

Not as elegant as Kaep but Rodgers can run too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Paully D wrote: »

Two unreal games i know, i just wish i could enjoy them more :(

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    CK could easily get 200 yards rushing in this! Thats outrageous!

The problem with QBs running is if one linebacker gives him a low tackle and smashes their helmet into his knee, hard for the refs to call when something like that is deliberate or not.

Dear Lord, the Packers have gone from being clueless about running the rock to being clueless about defending it.

Great stuff by Knaepernick but this is the sort of stuff that teams have been doing to the Packers all year long.

49ers are humming now....great catch and throw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Kaepernick is on fire!

adrian522 wrote: »
    Love how quiet all the lads who said we should bring back smith during the seahawks game are. 2 rushing 2 passing.
    Just think Harbaugh went about dropping him in a dickish manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Baring any turnovers by the 49ers this game is done. Packers are abysmal on defence and I can see one or two more big sacks or hurried plays on Rodgers.

You just won't stop Gore that close to the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Defense isn't good enough. TT and MM need to have a long think about Capers. This is the 3rd play-off game in 4 years that our D has been exposed.
    Criminally under-prepared against Kapernick.

Its not over yet, Rodgers is still in it and he can turn a game on its head very quickly.

adrian522 wrote: »

No one's being quiet. Knaepernick is doing exactly what it looked very much like he wouldn't be ready to do a few weeks ago. The gamble is paying off.

It still was a rather scummy way for Harbaugh to handle business, though.

And Cobb drops the kick-off again.

Packers TD would set up a very nice final 10 minutes or so.

• Advertisement

Unravelling fast for the Pack. Need a TD here to keep a little pressure on the 49ers. Maybe they can force a mistake or pick 6 or some such....it;s the only way I can see then winning the game. Tbh though, the 49ers are having their way with them.

Advertisement