Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭J. Football

Fantastic interview with Tony Gonzalez, genuine elation :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Heart still pounding. What a finish. 3 wonderful games so far this weekend.

Still undecided on Wilson as the future QB of the Seahawks. Guys who rely too much on their scrambling eventually get found out. Next season will be crucial for him, imo.

Hes a pass first QB who can run if needed, hes a quality passer of the football TBF hes for sure the future of the Hawks franchise.

I never realled rated him with Wisconsin TBH. I had him graded as a 5th or 6th rounder be hes proven me wrong.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Great interview there with Gonzalez. What a hero!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

vetinari wrote: »
    Who called timeout for the Seahawks??
    Looked like no one did.

Also at the end of first half, thought they got the snap off. Would have been a touchdown
    Carrol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Looked like no one did.

Also at the end of first half, thought they got the snap off. Would have been a touchdown

Pete Carroll did. The camera caught him doing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Looked like no one did.

Would have been a penalty for illegal formation according to parreria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Looked like no one did.

Fox showed Carroll doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Still undecided on Wilson as the future QB of the Seahawks. Guys who rely too much on their scrambling eventually get found out. Next season will be crucial for him, imo.

Very unfair to say that Wilson is a scrambler he threw for almost 400 yards tonight, and in the second half of the year was the most efficent passer in the league, and scrambled only seven times tonight. He uses his speed and athletic ability to avoid the pass rush but his first instinct is always to pass the ball so he doesnt take the kind of hits that Griffin or Vick take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Anyone know what the handicap in that game was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the handicap in that game was?

I had Seattle at +3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

D3PO wrote: »
    Hes a pass first QB who can run if needed, hes a quality passer of the football TBF hes for sure the future of the Hawks franchise.

I never realled rated him with Wisconsin TBH. I had him graded as a 5th or 6th rounder be hes proven me wrong.

Would have to agree with you on this, but I've only seen Wilson a little bit this year...Wilson is a player in the mold of RGIII, pass first but can do it on his feet too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

So, based on what we have seen so far this weekend....whose gonna call this???

adrian522 wrote: »
    Would have been a penalty for illegal formation according to parreria

I called the penalty before him. He must have checked my twitter :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Somebody send John Fox the videotape of the last thirty seconds

Anyone wrote: »
    So, based on what we have seen so far this weekend....whose gonna call this???

NFC will win the Super Bowl imo, but looking forward to see him if the Texans can turn up

• Advertisement

frostie500 wrote: »
    Very unfair to say that Wilson is a scrambler he threw for almost 400 yards tonight, and in the second half of the year was the most efficent passer in the league, and scrambled only seven times tonight. He uses his speed and athletic ability to avoid the pass rush but his first instinct is always to pass the ball so he doesnt take the kind of hits that Griffin or Vick take

Agreed. Even in Wisconsin he showed how comfortable he was at sticking around in the pocket and throwing the ball. 3000+ yards 33 TDs and only 4 ints. You can even include NC Sate in there also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just realised there are only four games left this season:(

Good part is its possible the Patriots could be in three of them:)

I rated him coming out of College just didn't think anyone would take a shot on him early in the draft. Same as you was thinking lower round but a project for some team.

The losing teams so far this weekend have scored 28, 31 and 35 points. Defence wins championships, you say?

The losing teams so far this weekend have scored 28, 31 and 35 points. Defence wins championships, you say?

Imo thats exactly what will win this championship. When a defence can get on top of these high scoring offences

• Advertisement

I don't like Phil Sims at all

CBS clearly rate him as their best though

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Imo thats exactly what will win this championship. When a defence can get on top of these high scoring offences

Or, it's more likely that a combination of defences, offences and special teams win championships ;)

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just realised there are only four games left this season:(

Good part is its possible the Patriots could be in three of them:)

Five dont forget the Pro Bowl :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

TO. wrote: »
    I rated him coming out of College just didn't think anyone would take a shot on him early in the draft. Same as you was thinking lower round but a project for some team.

I remember you were on him from day one when the Seahawks took him and I said he hadn't a hope of starting after they dropped so much money on Flynn :o

Great call!

Five dont forget the Pro Bowl :pac::pac:

AFC rules :cool:

Really want to stay up and watch this one, but got to be up a 7 for training:(

TO. wrote: »

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Mind oyu I dont always get it right on QB's I also thought that Dan LeFevour from CMU was going to come through and be a very capable starter in the NFL aw well lol

What a start...just didn't have the legs!

Ravens Broncos all over again here.

Oh anlodnfoashdfioenbo, what a start.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I don't like Phil Sims at all

CBS clearly rate him as their best though

Anyone other than Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels are nails on a chalkboard to me, except Scott Hanson.

There is some speed in the Pats special team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Game on
    /he's no Holliday tho :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Slow start to this game so!!

matthew8 wrote: »
    Anyone other than Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels are nails on a chalkboard to me, except Scott Hanson.

Collinsworth is the best in the business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't know about ye but I could listen to jeff reinebold talk football all day and all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 miker1983

Any free links to this game online?

What a wasted oppurtunity.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »

All pail in comparison to the almighty Gus Johnson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

That's brutal from the Texans. They might as well pack up and go home now tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

NFL should sell health insurance to cover heart conditions during their adds.

Texans could have done with 7 there.

Ok not a bad start to only give up three after that. Phew! Now Tommy boy lets go!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

That's poor from the Texans, imagine giving Brady & co. that field advantage

• Advertisement

Brady, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker and Lloyd all starting for the first time this season. Better late than never :)

Schaub seems to lost his confidence in recent weeks!

Well that drive didn't last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

interesting suggestion tweeted by Rich Eisen regarding the Seattle/Atlanta game:

"Seattle should have tried the field goal first but iced their own kicker just to see if he had the leg"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

poldebruin wrote: »
    interesting suggestion tweeted by Rich Eisen regarding the Seattle/Atlanta game:

"Seattle should have tried the field goal first but iced their own kicker just to see if he had the leg"

Saw that. Haha that's harsh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement