Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Oh yeah, where has JJ Watt been today? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

kryogen wrote: »
    Oh yeah, where has JJ Watt been today? :)

Alabama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

God they had every chance to recover that!

Paully D wrote: »
    Alabama.

Em, nope, sorry I dont get it!

Delighted for him after what he did to the Pats logo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Are you watching the game without sound?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Are you watching the game without sound?

The sound is on but I dont actually pay too much attention to the commentary (which appears to be brutal tonight anyway) generally what did I miss? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Will you give it a rest about the Logo, swear you guys never done nothing.
    Also no proof what JJ Watt did, also players spit alot on the field.

Tom Brady, most wins in playoff history. Another record for the GOAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Phil Simms ladies and gentlemen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭J. Football

Any excuse to post this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 miker1983

Masked Man wrote: »
    Phil Simms ladies and gentlemen.

Oh 13 points right what was I thinking, lol

nflplayoffs.png

Seeds

nfc.gif
    1) Atlanta Falcons (13-3)
    2) San Francisco 49ers (11-4-1)
    3) Green Bay Packers (11-5)
    4) Washington Redskins (9-7)
    5) Seattle Seahawks (11-5)
    6) Minnesota Vikings (10-6)

afc.gif
    1) Denver Broncos (13-3)
    2) New England Patriots (12-4)
    3) Houston Texans (12-4)
    4) Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
    5) Indianapolis Colts (11-5)
    6) Cincinnati Bengals (10-6)

Wild Card Round

NFC
    Saturday 5th January
    Vikings 10 @ Packers 24 8:00ET(1:00GMT) SS2&2HD

Sunday 6th January
    Seahawks 24@ Redskins 14 4:30ET(9:30GMT) SS2&2HD

AFC
    Saturday 5th January
    Bengals 13@ Texans 19 4:30ET(9:30GMT) SS1&1HD

Sunday 6th January
    Colts 9@ Ravens 24 1:00ET(6:00GMT) SS1&1HD

Divisional Round

NFC

Saturday 12th January
    Packers 31 @ 49ers 45 8:00ET(01:0GMT)CBS/SS1&1HD

Sunday 13th January
    Seahawks 28 @ Falcons 30 1:00ET(6:00GMT)CBS/SS2&2HD

AFC

Saturday 12th January
    Ravens 38 @ Broncos 35 4:30ET(9:30GMT)FOX/SS1&1HD

Sunday 13th January
    Teaxans 28 @ Patriots 41 4:30ET(9:30GMT)FOX/SS2&2HD

Conference Championships
    Sunday 20th January
    49ers @ Falcons 3:00ET(8:00GMT)FOX/SS2&2HD

Ravens @ Patriots 6:30ET(11:30GMT)CBS/SS2&2HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I cant see them winning it with or without him because of this defense.

Well they came pretty close last year and the Pats defence seems a bit better this year. Well their secondary is anyway with guys like Talib and Dennard in there and McCourty moved to safety where he seems more comfortable. Last year they were sometimes reduced to playing a WR at corner. Maybe not getting as much a pass rush as they hoped especially since Chandler Jones hasn't recovered his great early season form since injuring and reinjuring his ankle.

Their run D is very good. They just had a tendency during the season to give up big plays down the field every now and then and it probably cost them to lose 2 regular season games. If they can stop those then they will go close.

Pass rush isnt terrible either, the Texans O Line is pretty impressive like!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Ayanbadejo doesnt waste time getting things set up for next week anyway. Dont know much about him, but he sounds like a moron.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21551283/brendon-ayanbadejo-cals-pats-offfense-suspect-a-gimmick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

bruschi wrote: »
    Ayanbadejo doesnt waste time getting things set up for next week anyway. Dont know much about him, but he sounds like a moron.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21551283/brendon-ayanbadejo-cals-pats-offfense-suspect-a-gimmick

I wouldn't pay any attention to that idiot. He certainly hasn't the class or pedigree of Ray Lewis. He's just letting his own side down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,779 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I can't recall a weekend of better playoff games. Cracking stuff the last few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

You know Defenses are worried when they start bitching about the hurry-up Offense. All good Offenses use it. If he doesn't like the game, take up fishing FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

He's back tracked pretty quickly:
    I made selfish comments on twitter last night that reflected poorly upon myself, my teammates, and the organization. For that I apologize.

Brendon Ayanbadejo (@brendon310)

I see he didn't bother apologizing to the actual people he insulted...i hope the Pats batter his ass on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭J. Football

lol, love seeing someone think they're a big, bad trash-talker only to have to back down because their coach tore strips out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not one bit happy about this, no need for it at all. One thing I've noticed about Brendon is how mouthy he has got lately. I hope Harbaugh went off it with him today.

That hurry up offense will kill our linebackers though. I have a feeling the Patriots are going to really pick on Lewis, who can't defend in pass coverage at all any more. Could well be a long day for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

The romantic Superbowl would be the Ravens and the Falcons, Ray Lewis' and quite possibly Tony G's last games. A Harbaugh bowl. Brady vs. the 49ers.

I can't see how this year's Superbowl can fail to engage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

0ap1000000125895.jpg

One word - Phenomenal.

Highest scoring divisional weekend in NFL history.

davyjose wrote: »
    You know Defenses are worried when they start bitching about the hurry-up Offense. All good Offenses use it. If he doesn't like the game, take up fishing FFS.

When you look at the wonderful, strategic game of chess that American Football is and then you see a player whining about a rival team, that excels at a strategy he doesn't like. Ridiculous probably just about sums it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Syferus wrote: »
    The romantic Superbowl would be the Ravens and the Falcons, Ray Lewis' and quite possibly Tony G's last games. A Harbaugh bowl. Brady vs. the 49ers.

I can't see how this year's Superbowl can fail to engage.
    This years America's Game will have plenty strands to work with irregardless of who wins the Superbowl.
    You've got Tony G, Matt Ryan and the Falcons who couldn't win a playoff game, Ray Lewis going out on top after so many near misses in recent years, possibly a Harbaugh bowl, the 49ers switching to Kaepernick in mid season, Brady and Belichick getting #4 while trying to avoid losing a third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    This years America's Game will have plenty strands to work with irregardless of who wins the Superbowl.
    You've got Tony G, Matt Ryan and the Falcons who couldn't win a playoff game, Ray Lewis going out on top after so many near misses in recent years, possibly a Harbaugh bowl, the 49ers switching to Kaepernick in mid season, Brady and Belichick getting #4 while trying to avoid losing a third.

In fairness, Denver's would have been the best. Imagine Peyton's comeback.

For anyone who may have missed the weekends games or just wants to see them again, there is a highlight show on BBCNI2 right now!

I notice reading in other places(not this site) that some Patriots fans won't be happy unless we win the Superbowl. I gotta say I'm just delighted to be involved in the playoffs every year. Its just incredible and I remember the times when making them was just so huge for the Patriots and their fans. I remember the first Superbowl appearance against the Bears and I very much remember the one against the Packers when we didn't expect to win but more hoped that it might happen.

Its just amazing that so many younger Patriots fans have grown up expecting success. I realise just what a special time this is to be a Patriot. Its just incredible to have gotten such a great owner, great coach and great QB all at the one time. Its something that doesn't happen very often and I thank them so much for all the enjoyment and delight I've gotten over the last decade and a bit.

At some stage we will return to being a normal franchise who make the playoffs every couple of years and struggle to find a franchise QB. Its going to happen but I just hope it doesn't happen for a long time yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

As a 49'ers fan, I never thought that I would see Montana's play-off record getting beat. Then I suppose I am not surprised to see Brady do it. A great achievement.

I notice reading in other places(not this site) that some Patriots fans won't be happy unless we win the Superbowl. I gotta say I'm just delighted to be involved in the playoffs every year. Its just incredible and I remember the times when making them was just so huge for the Patriots and their fans. I remember the first Superbowl appearance against the Bears and I very much remember the one against the Packers when we didn't expect to win but more hoped that it might happen.

Its just amazing that so many younger Patriots fans have grown up expecting success. I realise just what a special time this is to be a Patriot. Its just incredible to have gotten such a great owner, great coach and great QB all at the one time. Its something that doesn't happen very often and I thank them so much for all the enjoyment and delight I've gotten over the last decade and a bit.

At some stage we will return to being a normal franchise who make the playoffs every couple of years and struggle to find a franchise QB. Its going to happen but I just hope it doesn't happen for a long time yet.

The fact that the Pats amazing consistency has happened during the salary cap and free agency eras, makes it even more remarkable. And yes, you did not need to remind me of the trauma I suffered while enduring our SB loss to the Bears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I expect the Pats to win the Super bowl but it has nothing to do with expecting success being a younger fan. I remember the **** times just as much as any but I still expect the Pats to play their best and win playoff games and win a bowl.

Whats the point of following a team if you don't expect that? Especially a team that has shown us they are well capable of doing so. Even when as fans of the Pats we think things are going hard for us we pull out wins and get the job done. We have been doing that for the most part since our first bowl win.

Sure someday we will probably go back to being average again and when that day comes we will accept that but until then why not ride the train of success and support it and bang that drum that says win another fooking bowl. Nothing wrong expecting the best from any team that has done it time and time again.

Let me ask you this though. When you predicted the Pats to win it all this year at the start of the season was that you expecting them to win it? Or was that a I dont really believe they will do it but I will predict my own team anyway? I rarely do predictions but my thoughts at the start of the season were that sure why cant we push for another bowl.

I expect them to win and if they fail to live up to my expectation all it means is they weren't good enough in the end to go the distance like are our last two failed attempts in 2012 and 2007.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

That was one of the most enjoyable weekends of football I can remember!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Tristram wrote: »
    That was one of the most enjoyable weekends of football I can remember!

Legitamitely two of the best games I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Whats the start time (in ireland) of the AFC game on Sunday?

Whats the start time (in ireland) of the AFC game on Sunday?

11pm on Sky Sports 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I don't expect us to win the Superbowl every year, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't get disappointed when we don't. Pound-for-pound, the current roster probably has the best balance of established talent and potential talent that the franchise has ever had and I'm confident that we'll get one or two more Superbowl wins before Brady retires.

We're not going to see too many more years of the Kraft-Brady-Belichick trinity, but I think it would be disappointing if it failed to deliver another Superbowl after 2004. I'm not one of those fools who thinks that would tarnish their legacy or how anyone should view them, but it goes without saying that it would be a personal disappointment for each of them - especially Brady who's very vocal on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I don't expect us to win the Superbowl every year, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't get disappointed when we don't. Pound-for-pound, the current roster probably has the best balance of established talent and potential talent that the franchise has ever had and I'm confident that we'll get one or two more Superbowl wins before Brady retires.

We're not going to see too many more years of the Kraft-Brady-Belichick trinity, but I think it would be disappointing if it failed to deliver another Superbowl after 2004. I'm not one of those fools who thinks that would tarnish their legacy or how anyone should view them, but it goes without saying that it would be a personal disappointment for each of them - especially Brady who's very vocal on the subject.

Good to have you back man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

This is why my expectation is higher of them this year than last.
    We're not going to see too many more years of the Kraft-Brady-Belichick trinity, but I think it would be disappointing if it failed to deliver another Superbowl after 2004.

Especially with the personnel we have now.
    I'm not one of those fools who thinks that would tarnish their legacy or how anyone should view them,

These kind of folk are pure band wagon in my eyes type of idiots that bring us all down with their nonsense.
    but it goes without saying that it would be a personal disappointment for each of them - especially Brady who's very vocal on the subject.

You hit something here. As a coach and a leader it is your mission to get guys to raise their levels of expectation to get the best out of themselves. American football is one of those sports were those who push their limits and play at their highest level to achieve success and all expectation are those who usually win a lot.

Take the Pats I guarantee you one thing, That every player who puts on a Pats jersey expects to be in a bowl every season. The team expects greatness. From Bob Kraft to Bill B to the players to all the other staff they have high expectations. The key to having high expectations is how you deal with defeat or the failure of living up to your own high expectations.

Those fans who whinge and moan about the team and can't accept defeat and failure are generally muppets who are band wagon through and through. The rest of us know and accept failure can and will happen. But there is nothing wrong with high expectation of yourself or the team you support. The Pats personnel do it why shouldn't we as fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,779 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Pats have been the best overall team from the last 7-8 years. I would be disappointed if they didn't win a couple of bowls in them years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

walshb wrote: »
    The Pats have been the best overall team from the last 7-8 years. I would be disappointed if they didn't win a couple of bowls in them years.

Id disagree. Regular season means nothing.

Giants / Steelers the best teams overall in the last 7 - 8 years. Rings matter.

D3PO wrote: »

A simple ROFL should suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

They have been in 5 of the last 7 Super Bowls, and won 4 out of them 5.

Yeah its so funny. Now lets annoint the Falcons as one of the elite teams. Best NFC regular season over the past 5 years.

That makes them the best of the NFC no doubt :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Regular season means nothing.

Did you type that with a straight face? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

We've made it past the wildcard round twice in the past 8 years and won the Superbowl twice. 8 wins in 8 years!

In the same period the Patriots have 8 wins (inc Hou) and no Suberbowls!

Steelers have 9 wins and 2 Suberbowls!

Certainly not worth a ROFL.

Although Regular season does count, but not nearly as much as the post season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Dymo

Rochey18 wrote: »
    They have been in 5 of the last 7 Super Bowls, and won 4 out of them 5.

New England have been in 2 of the last 7 and won none

Did you type that with a straight face? :eek:

Ask any Colts or Falcons fans how much the regular season matters.

Ask any Colts or Falcons fans how much the regular season matters.

Every game matters. To say the regular season doesn't matter is Skip Bayless-esque hyperbole, and serves nothing more than to act as an opinion filter for who you should/shouldn't get in a debate with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement